Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

macbook FTW! NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I've actually been able to turn my Mac off at night, without having the fear or it not turning back on.
You turn yours off? I keep mine on constantly, I just let it sleep. My system uptime is usually a couple months (depending upon when software updates are rolled out)
I have my lower left corner set for standby, so I just swing the mouse down there and it pretty much turns the whole thing off...then starts up within a second of the mouse being moved. I turn it off every now and then, just because I'm so used to Windows and the memory leaks that come with it. Not entirely used to having an operating system that doesn't really need to be restarted atleast once a week without it slowing down. Another thing I love about start up, is that it doesn't open a million and 4 programs. It just goes to the desktop and thats it. Don't have to load windows, then wait for the antivirus to load, then wait for logitech software to load, then wait for more ____ to load (and I know how to use msconfig, before someone tries to use that against me, kthx).
Old 04-16-2008, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber
no, not at all, i was just thinking about how my entire family started out with the same mac desktop computer i the early 90's, and yes half of us went to pc's and half got mac's.

i also forgot to mention, but my mom, sister and gf all do graphical work on their computers and i know that macs are unrivaled in this area apparently. but no, i was not bashing them thinking that mac's are for girls.
Alright, you made it seem like you were trying to say Macs are for girls and queers.

Lol, Mac's in the 90's were terrible, Windows 95 dominated then, it was the peak of Windows..since then it's been a steady decline.

Also, yeah, Mac's are insane when it comes to multi-tasking with video/photo/music editing. I only have 2GB of ram in my iMac and I can run Aperture, PS CS3, iTunes, QT, Adium, Firefox and more crap without even a single hiccup in performance. But that's one more thing I hate when it comes to PC vs Mac debates. Someone always throws out that "Macs are for art___s" or something, it's generally the kind of person who worships Bill Gates and plays World of Warcraft 18 hours a day. I'm not saying that's you, nor am I saying you called us 'art___s'. You actually complimented Macs by saying that there is no rival in terms of graphical work. Just do yourself a favor, throw that Dell out the window and get a Macbook .