Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

March Scion Development Contest

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 04:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xbilly
Joshtravis, how 'bout some features and specs? Looks cool but add some words!
OK, I've updated the picture in my first post. If you don't see all the features, refresh the page.
Old 03-17-2005, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sweet
Old 03-17-2005, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member

Default Re: 2006 Scion xT

Originally Posted by mdt70
Scion proudly introduces the 2006 Scion xT, a two door sport truck. Combining the newest technology, and blending retro
styling clues with a fresh look, the xT is certainly not a vehicle which will get "lost in the crowd." Standard features are
plentiful and the options are endless. Some of the standard features include:
*3.2L VVT-i2
*Sport-tuned lowered suspension
*Front bucket racing seats
*Automatic transmission with iShift and paddle shifting
*HID headlamps
*LED taillamps

Hey mdt70..... that looks awesome. I was thinking of doing something in Pro-E as well but I just haven't had any time. Work has been too busy for me to do anything. I think this looks great. How long did it take you to draw it up??
Old 03-17-2005, 06:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So how exactlly is this being judged? I've been working on designs for cars but if it is going to turn out to be a drawing contest then why bother with designs. You know what I mean? Anyway...I just want those who have taken the time to come up with something new to get the credit they deserve and not the people just taking already existing prototypes and adding Scion logos.
Old 03-17-2005, 06:45 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: 2006 Scion xT

Originally Posted by Mooneyzs
Hey mdt70..... that looks awesome. I was thinking of doing something in Pro-E as well but I just haven't had any time. Work has been too busy for me to do anything. I think this looks great. How long did it take you to draw it up??
Thank you very much for your compliments. Working on it at home in the evenings I probably have about 12 hours in it.
Old 03-17-2005, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you read my text max, you would understand a little bit more.
Also, what company does not "borrow" from existing lines? All images have been creativly created. And some were even drawn.

Those who complain never really offer, they just take.

Thanks for the critiques Max!
Old 03-17-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kairoh
So how exactlly is this being judged? I've been working on designs for cars but if it is going to turn out to be a drawing contest then why bother with designs. You know what I mean? Anyway...I just want those who have taken the time to come up with something new to get the credit they deserve and not the people just taking already existing prototypes and adding Scion logos.

Originally Posted by Scion
-=RULES=-
- Images must be of sufficient size to read writing, etc
- YOUR SCION LIFE SCREEN NAME MUST BE INCLUDED ON IT
- You may enter as many times as you wish

-=JUDGING=-
As always I am the sole judge and my decision is final. I will be choosing the winner based more on creativity than pure drawing skill, so use your brain and enter even if you aren't the most-skilled artist.

Hope that helps.

And if you notice, anyone who's complained about using existing prototypes or whatnot... according to the rules, that is not a foul.

It's the creativity in their use.

The owner of this board has made it very clear. Creativity.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay so how do you think the people that actually worked hard on some of these prototypes would feel if their stuff was used to enter a contest? Its just like plagiarism, its not right and shouldn't be allowed. I work on designing logos for a living and if someone used one of my designs to enter a contest or something, technically it could turn into a legal issue. I'm not downing anybody from doing what many have done but really...what is so creative about slapping Scion emblems on prototypes? In my opinion...nothing.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a creative contest, art is created in various mediums. Some people disapprove of certain images that others regard sacred. Is that any reason to disregard the effort?
Using the Scion name in this arguement/contest alone is an oxymoron.

Not only are images of other vehicles but xB cannibalisms into 3d programs are fair in this contest.

Calm down and re-read the rules a few hundred more times. They are very loose and yet very clear. Hold your own contest next time and you can set your rules accordingly.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:07 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by TeamMightyMiniz
Not only are images of other vehicles but xB cannibalisms into 3d programs are fair in this contest.
I suppose you are right, but my point was just to make sure that people noticed that most of your entries are other cars which you put a new logo or name on. Submit whatever you want, I just hope the judge realizes exactly what you did and how uncreative it is.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they are not what you wish to make them into. They have been altered and if you knew concepts you'd have known this.
Also, it's exactly the direction a company would take in aquiring a new vehicle for market.

Where should I begin with that?
Pontiac GTO, Toyota bB, Mercury Cougar, and so on..... It's a contest.

also... seeing the restraints given...
You just received a phone call and the lead designer for Scion's next car has disappeared with the plans. They are in a bind because they have promised the corporation that they will have a new car for 2006!
Seems Scion is in a real bind and time is of the essence!

It's fairly obvious to me that some of us take the contest to a differant level than those who just draw an image.

I think all the entries are fantastic and fun... there is always one "MAX" in the crowd to throw his wet blanket on everyone.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Max
I just hope the judge realizes exactly what you did and how uncreative it is.
Somebody didn't take their Paxil.. Calm down. This is supposed to be fun.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PLUS

Equals

Old 03-18-2005, 12:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think some of teammightyminiz's entries are creative. Its just a different way of presenting entries, and judging by the amount of them I'd say he's having fun. It would be a pretty boring contest if everyones entries were done in the same style. I see your point max, but the judge will choose fairly, and if he likes TMM's stuff good for TMM, if he likes yours max, good for you.
Old 03-18-2005, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

xBilly is 100% on the mark about this being just for fun. If it didn't have that element to it, I would ignore this thread.

Only the judge knows what he digs and that's final.

The majority here is having a great time with this and like i said earlier...
When there's fun involved and people are enjoying themselves...there's always one "wet blanket" who tries to bring it down.

I won't let it get me down... There are several more days before this contest ends and that = more images!
Old 03-18-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree...I jumped the gun a little and that was in part because I have to deal with the whole copyright thing everyday at work. It should be fun and who cares if someone does use existing photos and adds their own stuff. I'm sorry for being a jerk. Anyway...mine is almost done. I'll hopefully figure out how to post it so that it is clear enough to read. i should have it up in a couple of days.

I've named it "2006 Scion xX"

Hope you guys like it once its up.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've sent my entry to scion so hopefully he can help me post it to where it is readable. If anyone would like to see it let me know and I will send it to you via e-mail in PDF format. Just e-mail me at kairoh@comcast.net. Been working on it for about two weeks.
Old 03-18-2005, 03:20 AM
5 Year Member

Default simply amazing...

It is simply amazing to me how this whole thing has been turned around on this guy MAX. TMM has done nothing but critique everybodies entries thus far and now that somebody calls him out of his fine ability to surf the web and hunt down other peoples prototypes so he has something to enter as his own work they are the bad guy? Amazing.... Winners are made from people who work hard, and commit themselves to whatever interest they are persuing. Successful people are not made by half a$$ attempts. My last word on this entire over blown topic is this... TMM, while at the time the comments may sound cute or funny in your head by the time they are wriiten and submitted on this page they are not. As far as I can tell you do not appear to be an authority on car design or anything of the nature. Your rude comments should stay in your head and off this forum. I can say for myself, after putting in long and tiring hours creating my entries and seeing the lack of time and effort you put into yours that your comments are not welcomed or needed. If you spent more time on your designs and less time critiquing others hard work, your time would be better served. signing off until the 31st. Good luck to everybody on their entries!!!
Old 03-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I am going to quit bickering. I don't think this is the topic to do so, it is one to let some good designs show. I wish all that have a new cool design the best of luck. I don't appreciate the work of some here and the fact that they are flooding the topic with used ideas and insufficient design, but in the end the decision is not up to me. Darren, I hope you see the creativity and hard work of some of the designs here and judge on that, you said you would.

Good luck to all.
Old 03-18-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if my submissions are not valid...why would you complain?
do mine differ from an xB cannibalism or king louis submissions?

don't complain, it's useless

side note: if I were the judge, I'd say YRDADDY wins

Quick Reply: March Scion Development Contest