Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Marriage Proposal... I Need Your Help! *Update with pics*

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 04:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol
Old 04-29-2007, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by Kratos
you have only been with her for a year? and proposing already? lol. best of luck to you with that.
I'm a Mormon from Utah... what do you expect?!
Old 04-29-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by purpled_out_tC
why is everyone saying wait 10 years, he's 24 ya'll....prime time for men to have kids (if ready, and the 20s is probably the safest age range to have kids -- if you gys want them that is)

which island are you going to????

if you're going to oahu and she likes hiking then wait until hawaii beccccause you and the parents can go to a mtn called diamond head, and do it there. it's a gorgegous view. first ask the parents for permisson, get her something esle for her bday, something kinda of small.
We're going to Oahu. I plan on asking her parents of course! Her dad and I are pretty tight, so I plan on taking them out to lunch or something and asking them then. I know I'm "only 24", but in Utah that's prime baby making age!
Old 04-29-2007, 01:49 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

a year in a relationship isn't long enough to be proposing to her needs to be like 5 years or longer to do that and thats living with her 'n' all
Old 04-29-2007, 02:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're painting with a 500' wide brush. Everyone's different. I knew my wife a total of 8 months before we got married.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

if yall get a chance to go swimming or snorkling, Give her the ring under water (kinda cheesy, but if she says no then you can drownd her and make it look like an accident.. im kidding of course)
Old 04-29-2007, 09:30 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by midgethearsexb
We're going to Oahu. I plan on asking her parents of course! Her dad and I are pretty tight, so I plan on taking them out to lunch or something and asking them then. I know I'm "only 24", but in Utah that's prime baby making age!
That's the island with Diamond Head on it. And there's alot to do on that island, food and activities. DH is on the other side of North Shore though, and be careful of the Midwestern side (My Chief told us they don't like Mainlanders on that side, every time we pulled into port). Have fun!!!!

Just out of curiousity, are you the same one that posted before about the gf with the "well-off" parents??
Old 04-29-2007, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by duck_dodgers_24_5
a year in a relationship isn't long enough to be proposing to her needs to be like 5 years or longer to do that and thats living with her 'n' all
Thanks for all the encouragement! I didn't ask, "Do you think I should propose?" I asked for advice on how to do it. I'm 24 years old, have my life in order, and plan on having ups and downs just like everyone else. You're just like the skinny guy in the weight room. When I'm pumping out my sets of 10 reps, benching 300 pounds, he comes over and tells me what I'm doing wrong. He weighs like 135 pounds and only dreams of benching as much as me. If I don't ask for your advice, then don't give it! I did ask for advice about how to propose, so if you got something to say about how to propose, then I'm all ears.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:41 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Forget that guy and answer my ?? . LOL
Old 04-29-2007, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Forget that guy and answer my ?? . LOL
Yeah... that was me. I reeled in a big one! Ha ha! They've taken me in like I'm their son. It's so nice to have supportive parents, but then you add in-laws that love you to death and would do anything for you, it makes the whole process a lot easier!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

yeah, i magine so. just don't disappoint them, cause you're toast then. anyway glad to hear/read that you guys may be going for the big one (as she hasn't said 'yes' yet, but i'm sure she will).

Are you forming your own idea of how it's going down?? plannin is big for this occassion.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

dont do it under water; horror stories get started that way. drop the ring, she says no and you go emo (not a good idea 110 ft under water!) she gets over excited, DROP THE RING!

keep it on land...

the mountain climb does sound like a good idea, but if she digs the cheezy romantic things then you got choices; the beach is a good one or the generic restaurant would work....

oh get her a cake and put the ring inside (its a hallowed out cake, dont go crazy people) thats pretty cool!

who am i kidding? i should prbably say go for it, gl and any way you do it will work!
Old 04-29-2007, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

yeah, i magine so. just don't disappoint them, cause you're toast then. anyway glad to hear/read that you guys may be going for the big one (as she hasn't said 'yes' yet, but i'm sure she will).

Are you forming your own idea of how it's going down?? plannin is big for this occassion.
Yeah... I want to come up with my own idea. I'm just trying to see what everyone else has done. It helps me think about ways I can do it. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 04-29-2007, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just show her this thread
Old 04-29-2007, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The clam ideal is a good idea. I thought of a very similar idea like that before, trying to help out a buddy of mine.

I never like the idea of asking the parents. My thought was that even if they didnt want us to get married, I would tell them to $%@# off, and marry her anyways. But if you have a really good relationship with them, then it would score even more points with them.

You defiently need to let us know how you finally decide to do it, and maybe have your future parents in law somehow catch it on video.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

top of diamond head sounds good or many other places

under water?..bad idea...although could give you days of fun looking for it if you drop it

sex on the beach?....only if you both want sand to get into places that it doesn't belong

like a few have said...everyone has there own style...your going to marry her, you should know her a bit....take some time and think about what would make more sense for the both of you..
Old 04-30-2007, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

you could go to a fancy restaraunt (after asking parent's permission) get the people at said restaraunt in on it, have them put the ring around one of those cloth napkins, with the question inside the napkin
Old 04-30-2007, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just don't put the ring in her food...a friend of mine stuck the ring down in an ice cream cone, and his girlfriend almost choked to death on it, lol.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Location: 'Burbs Farmington Hills - go to school in Boulder, CO

Originally Posted by scion_adam
Just don't put the ring in her food...a friend of mine stuck the ring down in an ice cream cone, and his girlfriend almost choked to death on it, lol.
LOL OWNED!
lol
Old 04-30-2007, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i say do it on the yacht, on a nice sunset like a scene fron titanic ask her on the bow and after she says yes. cant go wrong with that one. do it on her b day that way you cant forget he birthday or the anniversary like i do. good luck buddy

Quick Reply: Marriage Proposal... I Need Your Help! *Update with pics*