Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Mkt Plan pt 2: Explain your Scion buying Experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Mkt Plan pt 2: Explain your Scion buying Experience

arite well I could use any and all help from all you Scion nuts out there! I'm writing a 5 page marketing plan on Scion, including their product, pricing, and distribution. I know plenty about the product, a bit about the pricing, but to be honest I know nothing about distribution. I need to know/find info on possible on distribution centers, shipping ports, number of units shipped per quarter, etc. For pricing, I know they use pure pricing as their focus point, but are there any strategies they use? Any and all help would be dope! From those who work for Scion, to people who work at dealers, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

Edit:

Thanks for all those who helped with my first Case study, now Case study 2 has come around, and I'm looking to see if anyone would like to share their purchasing experience when they picked up their Scion, and how it differed from previously purchased cars. What was the retail experience like, and how did it make you feel. Finally, what Promotional tactics have you keened in on and have felt as though they work to portray Scion's message, (ex: Scion Nights, Scion sponsored Sporting events, etc.) Thanks again guys!

If contributing, please include full name (if you don't mind) due to the fact that I may be siting this as a source. Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 10:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im pretty sure that the shipping ports for Scion cars are the same as Japanese built Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Where those are I cant say. Sales information may be on Wikipedia, but I cant swear to that either. Detailed information on sales and distribution is probably known by most Toyota/Scion dealership Sales Managers.

Hope I could be of some help, and good luck on the paper!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You should make some phone calls to Scion, I'm sure they'd help ya out.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hmm, well Scion can only provide a Student packet (i'm assuming the 5pg paper is for school and not just because you like writing 5 pg papers ) - The student packet is really just a bunch of press releases, which can be found here:

http://pressroom.toyota.com/Releases...T2004090747433

As for Pure Pricing, it is Scion's intention to reduce transaction time with a straightforward, Pure Price, easy-to-understand approach. It means No Haggle. No Hassle. The price the dealerships post, is the price you pay for all products. The Pure Price business model states that after the price has been posted, the price cannot be further negotiated and should equal your sales transaction price. However, dealers do have the right to set their own pricing. The prices you see on our website are simply the suggested retail prices recommended by the manufacturer (MSRP). Thus, to stay consistent with the Pure Price business model, the dealer sets their price, including the Delivery Process and Handling Fee, and this posted price should equal your sales transaction price. This price cannot be further negotiated and therefore any coupons, discounts or incentives are not offered by Scion or Scion dealerships.

The mission statement for Scion is to satisfy a trend setting youthful buyer through distinctive products and an innovative, consumer-driven process. Scion is different because both the product and the buying process are designed specifically for the trend-setting, youthful buyer's needs.

The purpose behind Scion is to launch a new marque targeted at the trend-setting Generation Y youth market. We have a non-traditional approach to advertising strategies. In general, media communication vehicles that are below the radar of the masses such as niche vs. high circulation magazines and sponsorships of exclusive small events vs. concert tours. ATTIK (offices in London, San Francisco, New York, Sydney, and Los Angeles) are the strategy and creative managers for Scion. The Rebel Organization works with Scion on promotional opportunities. Oasis manages Scion's ongoing website development.

The Scion Covenant represents a commitment by the dealer to adopt Scion's basic business approach in reaching the target market. The Scion Promise is born of the Scion Covenant and is the guide to meeting the needs and expectations of the next-generation car buyer.

The Scion Promise: our mix of stylish products and a simplified sales experience, reflect the standards that are at the heart of the Scion culture- Openness, Flexibility
& Personalization.

Scion is not just about the product; it encompasses a different customer mindset, process, and culture. The pillars of the Scion Culture are Style, Versatility & Surprise.

Hopefully that helps you out a bit I'm not sure exactly what kinds of distribution information we can give out-- I'll check on that today-- but typically we just send out a student packet which, again, is a bunch of press releases.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ Sweet!! Thank you!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I try

So information about distribution would be proprietary and therefore I cannot provide you with any such information

Sorry =/ Is there anything else you would need though?
Old 02-26-2008, 09:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for Part one guys, Bump for part 2