Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Does Barry Bonds deserve the top spot on the Homerun Record?
Yes
41.18%
No
58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

The MLB thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 03:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

im glad glavine left. i was getting sick of him complimenting the braves the entire time when he was a met. haha... plus i like now how maine and perez can pitch lower in the rotation with less pressure on them, so that they can put up even better numbers this season. and also it lets pelfrey fight for a spot and get into the mix too. should be a great season i cant wait
Old 03-06-2008, 03:36 AM
SL Member

red sox...again. love them boys (still have love for my home team though!!)
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 AM
SL Member

reeeallllly freakin anxious for the season to hurry up and start!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Metro273
Go White Sox! Booooo Cubbies...
Funny how that is the first response to this thread.. I am a huge Cubs fan.. i bleed cubbie blue.. Must i remind you what place the white sox were in last year, and where the Cubs were.... nuff said.. who cares if the sox took a pennant, they totally bombed the next season like true chicago champions.. the only way they can fill a stadium is when they play the Cubs, and then all the Cubbie Fans rule Comisky Park... whoops they renamed it for the 15th time!!!
Old 03-27-2008, 04:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^What's the Cubs excuse for not winning?
A stupid curse from a goat! Be real, THEY CAN"T PLAY!...
Old 03-27-2008, 02:20 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ragingbull78
Funny how that is the first response to this thread.. I am a huge Cubs fan.. i bleed cubbie blue.. Must i remind you what place the white sox were in last year, and where the Cubs were.... nuff said.. who cares if the sox took a pennant, they totally bombed the next season like true chicago champions.. the only way they can fill a stadium is when they play the Cubs, and then all the Cubbie Fans rule Comisky Park... whoops they renamed it for the 15th time!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow, someone is bitter about something. i'm sorry, who were the world series champs last season? sorry buddy.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by JPick281
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

wow, someone is bitter about something. i'm sorry, who were the world series champs last season? sorry buddy.
Im talking bout the Chicago White sox.. not the Boston Red Sox... DER!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 07:17 PM
SL Member

oh wow totally didnt even notice....haha

well still, your little cubbies suck...
Old 03-29-2008, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All these people saying the Cubs will suck... I think they may be eating their words this year. That's one hell of a team they assembled.
Old 03-29-2008, 04:11 AM
SL Member

yeah, but at the same time...you have to consider everyone else who also has one hell of a team. im so excited about this season.
Old 03-29-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sports Illstrated predicted the Cubs for the World Series this year... they did put together a hell of a team.. and i am excited to see what happens this year
Old 03-29-2008, 09:02 PM
SL Member

Sports Illstrated predicted the Cubs for the World Series this year... they did put together a hell of a team.. and i am excited to see what happens this year
I see where you are coming from. But I wouldn't exactly say that is such a reliable source. Who do you think they picked to win the Super Bowl? Or what do you think their predictions were for College Football this year? Definitely not what either turned out to be. Screw predictions. This has been a year of surprises and I think it is going to continue to be....no Cubbies. Not happening.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:04 PM
SL Member

OH and I forgot to mention the Rockets. Who would've thought they would be in the position they were in going for the record for most consecutive games won? I didn't think so. And I'm from Houston. Pretty sure Sports Illustrated didn't predict that.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:09 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
lmao Met envy must be tough to deal with,,,,,especially with those quality teams in Houston.....
you're one to talk....NC....what have the Panters done lately. The rockets are looking strong this year, NC's best team is a college team.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Go Seattle Mariners!!!

Best pitching staff in baseball with an awesome defense behind them!

Old 03-29-2008, 09:25 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Originally Posted by w3paint_xA_xB
Padres all the way this year!!!
WORD Up homie. I don't follow bball enough to know who's good and is likely to win it all. HAHA but I still cheer on my hometown team and after them any other SoCal team.

I can't stand bonds b/c he didn't want to take responsibility when this first broke at the news conference when he was sitting down outside. he was blaiming the media for his mess. i'm not saying he should be like "yeah i did them", b/c that would be stupid of him (tho it would be the manly thing to do). and no he shouldn't be given credit for the record w/o an asterisk b/c it's obvious he was on them; but they have to in the other sense b/c they never proved it.

the Cubs winning the WS is as much of a reality as the Lions winning the SB. I'll believe it when it happens -- in these modern times, i'm not talking about when baseball first started.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:52 PM
SL Member

^^^wow. we should probably we friends!!! FINALLY someone else besides me who knows what they are talking about!!!

i know my team isn't the best, but i am SOO excited about the Astros opener tomorrow!!!!! ALSO i'm excited about the 24 game mini plan my bf and i are getting for the astros!!! AND ALSO...if anyone is gonna be selling astros tickets, PLEASE PM me!! I will more than likely buy every single game you are selling, if i dont already have tickets!
Old 03-30-2008, 07:58 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

I'd clown on you for being from Texas--not your fault, i know but hey I'm from Cali. Best jocks are from Cali and Texas, imo. i'm talking all around, in most sports, Texas and Cali dominate.

oh yeah and your a Cowboys fan, I'm a Pack fan. So def. some mess talkin going on there--in fun of course.
Old 03-30-2008, 08:21 PM
SL Member

Well I've lived in texas my entire life so that is all i know. I can't imagine going thru life though and not having this obsession with the astros and cowboys. hahaha

162 games(and hopefully more!!) of the best time of my life starts tomorrow!! You must feel the same about your pads!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:43 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

not so much with the pads, my dad is a dodgers fan (both parents are from la) and my moms doesn't watch baseball. football and basketball are the big ones in my house. my dad is so cool that he even watches women's bball. and you know most men aren't willing to give women their props as far as sports go.

i'm a big chargers fan tho, but they upset me when i was a kid (so i hopped on the pack wagon), but i never let the chargers go.

and i feel you on the texas thing, i love love cali, esp. socal. i always thought it was funny tho to see the guys on my ex-ship from texas. every single one had a texas affiliated tat on them;whether it be the state, "texas" written out, the longhorn symbol, etc. it was so funny.

Quick Reply: The MLB thread