Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

MP3 CDs (How-To)

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 04:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kremtok
Is there any way to eliminate the short delay between tracks on an MP3 CD? I use Windows Media Player to burn rip the music from a CD, then convert to MP3, and I have the stock head unit.
FWIW, I NEVER use WMP to rip or burn CDs. I use either Nero or Winamp.

This comes from the FAQ of Windows Media Player:
Why are there occasionally long gaps between songs on the CDs I burn?

Some CDs, when some of their songs are ripped, may include one or more seconds of silence in the ripped music file after the music ends. Other CDs may include silence gaps at the beginning of some songs. Many CDs mark the beginning and ending of songs with the introduction and end of audible sound on each track. The Player automatically adds a two-second gap between songs when burning audio CDs to keep the next song from beginning immediately after the end of the previous song. The extra silence gaps included in the music files from the ripped CDs can create long, inconsistent pauses between songs. Since the Player's two-second pause cannot be turned off, the only way to resolve this issue is to use an audio file editor to remove the silence gaps in the song recordings themselves.
So I would suggest firstly not using WMP to rip your CDs. Winamp, even the free version, will make mp3s from CDs.

Now, if you are trying to make an mp3 Cd from files you ripped yourself, WMP should be able to make a data CD without the gaps. But as was already mentioned, Nero works very well at both ripping and burning. If you want to edit mp3s that you downloaded that have gaps in them (assuming you've checked these files for said gaps) a small, free utility for cutting up mp3s called MP3 Directcut works very well. mp3directcut
Another, albeit not free, excellent progam for the editng of mp3 files (it also rips CDs) is called . Goldwave
Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Good lord, necropost much?