Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Multiple Tint Violation tickets..

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by UNLTD
A CHP officer was shot in the face recently. And part of the reason why he was caught off guard is because the killer's window was tinted therefore the officer couldn't anticipate what the criminal was about to do.

This summer, cops are cracking even more on window tint.
Dang, We gotta watch out.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Marvelous Scions
SL Member

I live in front of police station and I had never been pull over for tints.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:59 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: tinted windows

Originally Posted by stCx86
Still...I don't care if any cop was shot in the face or what ever. I don't care for any cops..It's just the fact that they can do better things like pull some one over for SPEEDING. I wasn't speeding or racing or doing anything suspicious. I was cruising along ..on my way home and he busted a COMPLETE u turn to come and get me.
Wow, you don't care that a cop gets shot in the face? how messed up is that? if your family member was a cop, and that happend to them, I'm pretty sure you would be outraged. look, the situation is you have something illegal on your car. you have to deal with the consequences of having it. if they were to pull you over for speeding, and they see you have a modified exhaust, guess what... they can give you a ticket too. you got to man up and accept the fact that you aren't obeying the law.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint

ok ok ...maybe i said some things that were outrageous but I'm just so ticked from my stupid ticket that I'm just trying to express my anger in a ...verbal kind of way...hahaha.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I've had my tint on for almost a year and haven't gotten anything. I don't even think the fuzz know that my front windows are tinted. Ahahah. That's how light they are.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Multiple Tint violation tickets

Hey,

I got my 2nd tint ticket tonight and I'm wondering is the fine still the same...is it just the $10.00 dollar fix it ticket. The reason i'm asking is because on my first ticket...it was a "correctable violation" but i'm my 2nd ticket it is NOT a correctable violation. I would like to know if the fine goes up if you have multiple tickets under the same infraction...please help!

Thank you!

btw I hate cops for giving these b.s tickets!
I would love to get 10 of those fix it tickets because I got pulled over for tints last month and the cop gave me 3 tickets, one for each window, $90 each! That's $270. I pleaded not guilty and sent the tickets and Im waiting for my court date. Hopefully I can plead it down or something.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

$114.
Remove the tint.
PITA
Leave it off.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint violations

if my ticket is not a "correctable violation" then all I have to do is go to court and pay the fine right?? I can leave the tint on since it's not a "fix-it-ticket".

is this true???
Old 05-23-2007, 04:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Nope. Gotta remove the tint.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Banned
SL Member

Default Re: tint violations

if my ticket is not a "correctable violation" then all I have to do is go to court and pay the fine right?? I can leave the tint on since it's not a "fix-it-ticket".

is this true???
if its not correctable, all you have to do is pay the fine. i had a friend in my car club get one that was non-correctable. he paid the fine and didnt remove the tint.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

what kind of tint on each window did you have?

cause CA law says the rear pair of windows and very rear window can be tinted to the max, last i heard
Old 05-23-2007, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RIPMKIV
what kind of tint on each window did you have?

cause CA law says the rear pair of windows and very rear window can be tinted to the max, last i heard
I don't have some crazy type of film on it...it's "titanium" tint. which is standard on most vehicles who get there cars tinted. there are others like "quantum" and so on but those are paid for at extra cost at most places.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint violations

soo...which one is it?? haha "SciontCya" says that I have to remove the tint but "2_much_tc" says i just have to pay the fine and not remove the tint. thats what i think because if it's not a "correctable" or "fix-it" then I just pay the fine. but can some one re-assure me. I could be wrong.
Old 05-24-2007, 06:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

but what kind of tint, i meant what percentage

sorry for not being specific
Old 05-24-2007, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default tint violations

I have 15% which is considered "dark" from where i got my tint done.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

oh yeah, and was it also the door windows? or was it just the rear windows?
Old 05-24-2007, 08:32 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im a little worried myself my tint is 20% legal is 35% ... At night im probaly screwed though... Maybe I can get a certificate from my eye doctor so I can get limo tint
The California law about those "letters from the doctor" is that the the sun shade must be removable for night driving.

The answer to the question of if just paying the bail and having the conviction go on your record means you can leave the tint on is "no." The tint is still unlawful and you can be ticketed when you pull out of the courthouse lot.

From yet another of the incredibly long trail of topics about the very same thing:

Originally Posted by Tomas
The usual simple explanation:

What do I do if I get a "fix-it" ticket?
If a police officer gives you a "fix-it" ticket on a "Notice to Appear," the "yes" box will be checked below "Correctable Violation" on the front of the ticket. The police can give you another ticket if you don't fix the problem immediately.

When you fix the problem, get an authorized person to sign the "Certificate of Correction" part of your ticket.

Take the proof of correction to the court and pay the dismissal fee before the deadline. You can check your ticket or contact the court to see if the court accepts proof of correction by mail.

The court will then dismiss your case and it won't go on your record.
From the Superior Court:

When you get a ticket, you have several options:

Bail forfeiture:
You can forfeit (pay) bail. To do this, send your payment and a copy of the citation or the courtesy notice to the courthouse.

Make your check or money order payable to the: Clerk of Superior Court.

When the Court receives your bail, your case will be closed. It will show up as a conviction on your DMV record.

Proof of Correction:
Your courtesy notice says whether you can pay for the violation or if you have to show "proof of correction." This is also explained on your citation.

If you show proof of correction and pay a dismissal fee, the court will dismiss the relevant charge.
Choice is yours: Fix the problem and pay to have it dismissed or pay the fine (admitting your guilt) have it on your record...

(Also, if you just pay the fine, you not only get it on your record, you leave yourself wide open for more tickets for the same thing. Gets awfully expensive after a while with the fines and potential for insurance increases.)
So long as you choose to be a lawbreaker you are liable to being treated as one.

Tom
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vekthurr
Hey,

I got my 2nd tint ticket tonight and I'm wondering is the fine still the same...is it just the $10.00 dollar fix it ticket. The reason i'm asking is because on my first ticket...it was a "correctable violation" but i'm my 2nd ticket it is NOT a correctable violation. I would like to know if the fine goes up if you have multiple tickets under the same infraction...please help!

Thank you!

I would love to get 10 of those fix it tickets because I got pulled over for tints last month and the cop gave me 3 tickets, one for each window, $90 each! That's $270. I pleaded not guilty and sent the tickets and Im waiting for my court date. Hopefully I can plead it down or something.
are they supposed to give out that many tickets for a single stop tint violation? kind of harsh,
Old 05-24-2007, 08:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vekthurr
Hey,

Thank you!

are they supposed to give out that many tickets for a single stop tint violation? kind of harsh,
Old 05-24-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I got my first tint ticket a few weeks ago at a big show. I have 17%. The cop was waiting right by the gate to the show just to get people for tint. The good thing is, in PA, you don't have to pay any fines as long as you remove it. To prove that its removed, you have to get an officer to sign the ticket and mail it in. Thank god I know a cop.

Quick Reply: Multiple Tint Violation tickets..