Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Should Cassie have a record deal?
No, singing is not her forte
12.00%
Atleast she looks good
52.00%
Yes she has talent
24.00%
Diddy.....one question....Why?!?!?
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Music Industry Downfall....Cassie

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Music Industry Downfall....Cassie

I'm sorry but I cannot stand this new chick out on the scene named Cassie. This girl has no singing or performing ability whatsoever, and she proved that on 106th & park. I can't believe she actually has a record deal and Diddy & Bad Boy sigend her with all these other talented artist out here struggling to make it. Is this what music has come to, Beauty before talent? What's even funnier then her having a record deal is a petition going around online to get her to stop singing and focus on something she can actually do. Her voice has been compared to Penguin moaning. LMAO...Do us all a favor and get this chick outta here. You can view the petition here.....http://www.petitiononline.com/Shamond/petition.html

For those of you who get into this kind of music, let me know what you think.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate the music industry today. It revolves around MTV, and that sucks. Pop has bled over to country and they have are running country music the sameway. Willie, Waylan, and Merle wouldn't have a chance in today's music industry. Neither would the Stones, Aerosmith, or Pink Floyd. And that sucks baaaad. Who else wouldn't have had a chance? What great talents are we missing out on now because music is so focused on glamour and looks?
Old 08-12-2006, 12:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
I hate the music industry today. It revolves around MTV, and that sucks. Pop has bled over to country and they have are running country music the sameway. Willie, Waylan, and Merle wouldn't have a chance in today's music industry. Neither would the Stones, Aerosmith, or Pink Floyd. And that sucks baaaad. Who else wouldn't have had a chance? What great talents are we missing out on now because music is so focused on glamour and looks?
Man that was beautiful... Music is has gotten so bad, I couldn't even tell you a name of a band in today's music (besides 311 and linkin park). I can only listen to classic rock: led zeppelin, stones, Boston, Queen, Styx. I cringe with this music today, they all think it's cool to be emo and play a guitar like shiot. WOW I KNOW POWER CHORDS I'M SO GOOD, what a joke.... Classic Rock > today's rock.
Old 08-12-2006, 11:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I cringe with this music today, they all think it's cool to be emo and play a guitar like shiot. WOW I KNOW POWER CHORDS I'M SO GOOD, what a joke.... Classic Rock > today's rock.
first of all the word emo has gone too far..emo is a genre of music,execellent one at that..but that same "pop music industry" you talk of coined the word emo to be this silly attitude,fashion sense,and musical taste,constructed a modern time debauchery..which disgusts me.
And everything is cool in present time,your just late to find out.
Although i agree,Radio music sucks most of the time.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BigMURR
Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Man that was beautiful... Music is has gotten so bad, I couldn't even tell you a name of a band in today's music (besides 311 and linkin park). I can only listen to classic rock: led zeppelin, stones, Boston, Queen, Styx. I cringe with this music today, they all think it's cool to be emo and play a guitar like shiot. WOW I KNOW POWER CHORDS I'M SO GOOD, what a joke.... Classic Rock > today's rock.
Yep, thats why I tend to stay out of mainstream music. Even though I have my 'popular' bands I would rather listen to more punk/alternitive. Although I also listen to Styx, Aerosmith and the like. I can't stand MTV and Sellout bands. Oh why oh why has this rap phase not died yet...
Old 08-13-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I totally agree!!!...RADIO really BLOWS!!...I am a Rap and R&B dude....I cant Stand the Rap and Hip Hop they have on the radio....there are a few I like...GEESH!...Thats why I like Old School Rap in the early 90's!....

I hear that Cassie sound about 4 or 5 times a day!!!!!!!
I like the beat though........
Old 08-14-2006, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I think that ever since 1999, I wouldn't have known any of these teen pop chicks if it weren't for the fact that they're borderline attractive. I watch their videos on mute.

Cassie is a hottie. The song is decent, it hits hard in my car's system. I kinda figured that she wasn't that good of a singer. hahah
Old 08-14-2006, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Hmm...

Well, when "Me & U" came out on the radio,
it wasn't new to me.

Well, not just me, but most of the people who participate
in collegiate dance companies/teams, and that is
a damn big number of people.

I don't know, we tend to find music and discover
songs before most of the people out there,
and this was one of them. The song has been
played out 2 years ago haha.

I have to admit, her voice isn't the best, but what I think
really draws people to her, is pretty much the beat. People
could care less about her voice if the beat is crazy hype.

Take AKON for instance.

If he tried to sing with that voice of his that sounds like
a Jamaican chipmunk on helium all by himself, I'm sure
them folks' at the Apollo wouldn't just "WOMP WOMP"
him off stage, but that host might even eat him.

It's pretty much the beat also when you put him and Cassie
together. If people could dance to it. then it's a hit.

That's basically it.

Producers should be the ones getting the starlight imho.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

it dont matter, ya she sucks but shes drop dead gorgeous
Old 08-14-2006, 07:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeeep she is.

Especially for being half Filipino, woot.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Unfortunately.....music now is all about who you know and who you are....ex. paris hilton....WTF and Ozzy's daughter....its sad but new music in almost any genre is no good due to this....older rap, rock, etc is better because it was about talent, lyrics, sound and so much more.....most people dont even write there own songs anymore or play and instrument....hit a button and Viola a piano in the background.....its ridiculously sad!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 03:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally, this is the thread I have been waiting for. Prepare to defend yourselves you "sh!tty music listeners", for I Bohemio from the land of good taste, wine, culture, and real music, shall crush the with my knowledge on classic rock/pop, ole' skool rap, roots rock reggae, classical symphony, Jazz, big band, sultury latin rythms, and elcectic world music. PREPARE TO BE OBLITERATED!!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BtfP6sAz_Hw

For those of you who haven't seen the performance, this is what I'm talking about.

And I'm sorry but drop dead gorgeous should not be a criteria for singing talent which ultimately lands someone a record deal. They have modeling contracts for that. That's what she did, she should stick to it because she sucks as a singer. Alot of people in the industry suck, but I think this is the ultimate at the moment. She should have pulled a millie vanillie (sp?) on that one.

As posted on her myspace page:

I am aware that my live performances have been pretty bad....no excuses, I'm still getting over stage fright.I am very upset with the seris of events this week and I do not appreciate people making me look and sound crazy. I'm not a a ***** or a b*tch, which is what people have been making me out to be. I'm a 19 year old girl, I'm single and I'm working my ___ off. Thank you to all of the fans and supporters that have recognized my hard work" - Cassie

Apparently she knows she sucks as well. What a shame.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Every generation, every genera of music, has had its totally talentless hacks pushed by someone as 'the next great thing.'

What is disappointing - and frightening - is the actual decision makers - the buying public - not having enough discrimination to outright reject the fakes and flakes.

No matter how 'powerful' or rich the promoters of crap are, they can't fill venues unless there are enough folks willing to be 'lead' by them. It's not the promoters who bother me - they are, and always have been, in the biz to make money. Those who worry me are the mindless drones who follow...

(It has been 38 years since I worked as a tech in a recording studio - other then the equipment getting a lot better, little else has changed. )

Tomas
Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Tomas: MTV breeds the mindless drones and they've become remarkebly efficient at it, turning out millions every year! It is their Idol, their center of the universe, their whole reason for being. What's worse, is that by the time they get out into the real world and MTV is no longer their God, there's an entirly new generation planted in front of their plasma screened diety getting their life force sucked out of them.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right now I'm enjoying a nice glass of Reisling, and listening to "Blue Train"- John Coltrane.
Old 08-15-2006, 12:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

I may have not lived in the age of the great rockers, but damn I would give anything to not be in this one.

I'm going to be like bohemio82, get a line ready, and listen to some classic eric clapton. (jking about the line....or am I)
Old 08-15-2006, 01:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default ....Cold Business....(RANT)

We all know the truth about businesses like MTV and BET.
They are desperate and will do anything to boost their ratings share, no matter what the cost to society.
I have invented the term: 'Phony Hollywood Television music' to describe the noise they make. This is NOT culture; this is the opposite of culture. MTV programs people to NOT think for themselves, to instead, react to what has been shown. Basically it is the opposite of what that Martin Luther King was talking about when he said to look inside a man's character. Boy, that MLK must have been some kind of nerd with that equality craptalk.

We must all bow down to these GODS on BET. After all they get the chicks, the drugs, cars and whatever they want, and that is the true measure of a man in today's (sick) society.

This sick culture has perverted the phrase, "PERSUIT OF HAPPINESS' to mean the RIGHT TO BE ENTERTAINED at all times.

I am disturbed by the one-sided controversy over 'MUSIC VIDEOS'.
There is no one allowed to express any alternative views.

Serve your country and I will be impressed with you. Volunteer at whatever you want to do to help your community.
Rape a child to win an IMAGE award and I have a problem with an industry that will glorify any crime as long as it is performed by a black man.

Message received: Black hood boys have complete immunity when wilding to get even for slavery. White boys can have immunity also; they just need to add tattoos and an ear ring. MTV & BET are NOT about personal responsibility or any responsibility.

Today, it's all about having immunity so you don't have to obey any laws. Just look at the American driver. You either got to be a cop, a lawyer, a judge, a preacher man, black, Hispanic, don't speak English, don't read English, a woman, ___ or indigenous to Antarctica. I feel like the only white-honky gringo that has no excuse for immunity. And as a result, I am the only person left alive that uses directional signals as required by law. MTV & BET have programmed that generation to NOT obey laws; instead they must look 'cool' at all times and never be like ERCLE.

Did anyone see the 'COP-SLAPPIN’ unrecognized black congress woman go down with a PINK song? That was just before her new BLACK PANTHER security force conveyed their racial hatred for JEWS as cameras rolled. It is O.K. to be bigoted if you are black, but any white would be jailed if he were to use that kind of hate-filled language. It would be called ‘Racial Bias Hate Crimes’ if said by anyone without immunity.
I am glad that I do not have any children whose morals and character would be sacrificed on the alter of a higher ratings share.

Feel like having sex? Go with those feelings is what MTV & BET say, could they say anything else and still be top of the ratings wars? Viewers may get stuck with an unwanted, out of wedlock, bastard child that I would have to pay for as the mother buys cigarettes and liquor. After all they have been programmed to believe that nothing is wrong or right, it is all about your feelings.

Don't get me started on this because I could go on......
It is nice to see someone is able to use the brains that god gave them and critisize the culture GODS.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you want to be truely entertained, tune in to NBC Wed for "America's Got Talent". There's a couple of little girls on that show (it's the finals for a million bucks) that are flat out ridiculous. One is like 11 or 12, and taught herself how to yodel from a book and a tape. It's frickin awesome. And there's another little girl, maybe 13, Bianca (sp?) something or other. Anyway, she's got a voice as big as Texas and in all honestly should win the show. It's nice to see them now while they're still pure and before agents and producers screw 'em up.
Old 08-15-2006, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

lol....I love the responses to this thread! I being a work in progress music artist must be critical of what's going on in the industry. I think it's a crying shame and an outrage. Like it was stated previously, It's not so much the labels or the promoters, but the lack of musical integrity of society that feeds into it. If no one would buy music that sucks, i.e. Cassie, then they wouldn't sell it.

She is not the only person who is obviously only in the industry to make a quick dollar. I say quick dollar because I highly doubt that someone like this could truly have a lasting music career. Let's just say she has a music job for the moment. I agree with the whole MTV and BET in it to make money no matter the cost. The quality of music that you hear on these stations today is down right ridiculous. Most of the songs absolutely talk about nothing. Eventhough I am in the demographic of people that they target on these channels, I am smart enough to know that a good song takes more than a good beat. Half of the people who listen to this stuff don't even pay attention to the words half of the time and I know that firsthand. The first thing I listen to in the song is the melody and the lyrics. It seems that in this day and age you could put out a song about anything, say for instance wheaties, put a good beat behind it and watch it fly off the shelves. Ask someone who bought it what its talking about and most likely they wouldn't even be able to tell you.

Quick Reply: Music Industry Downfall....Cassie