Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: Should Cassie have a record deal?
No, singing is not her forte
12.00%
Atleast she looks good
52.00%
Yes she has talent
24.00%
Diddy.....one question....Why?!?!?
12.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Music Industry Downfall....Cassie

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In actuality, there is a lot of really phenomenal music out there….Ojos de Brujo, Cheb I Sabbah, Burhan Ocal, Vasen, Hedningarna….so many it is quite futile to try to list them all. Music has not stopped progressing, as a matter of fact, music has reached new levels un-thought of in years past.

The trick is, you must go beyond mtv, radio, etc if you want to discover music that is not pre-packaged, one-size-fits-all, mainstream pop garbage. Mtv thrives on the least common denominator, and packages a product that appeals to a wide range of sheep…err, people I mean. There is no risk taking, no genre bending, nothing new at all. Simply the same recycled bands doing the same thing ad naseum. The fact they continue to thrive reveals more of regarding the consumers mind than that of 'big music'. Just look at the leading poll reply….more people are interested in the way some looks than they are the actual music. I understand using that criteria to judge your favorite model, but when you are judging a bands worth by looks, you are completely missing the picture.

Remember, if the masses didn’t buy it, they wouldn’t be pushing it.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^^The problem is that it is difficult to find that new, good music....lots of wading through the garbage to get to the goods...ya know!!!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Fsu1dolfan
^^^^The problem is that it is difficult to find that new, good music....lots of wading through the garbage to get to the goods...ya know!!!
Maybe, but the internet puts the world at your finger tips. It is 1000 times easier than it was 5 years ago even.

You have to spend a little to get someting in return. Im sure a lot of people watch silly youtube videos and the like...basically just 'surfing' around, wasting time generally.

But when used as a device to gather and spread information (as was its original design), it is the most effective tool for sorting through the chaff to get to that life giving kernel of wheat.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default More news on Crappy, I mean Cassie

It's True
As I revealed in my post yesterday at XXL, P. Diddy’s newest protégé Cassie has a dirty little secret: Her hit single "Me & U," currently the number three song in the country, is all about giving a guy a blow job. No Lance Bass.

If for some reason you've managed to go this long without hearing this mess, you can stream it at Cassie's MySpace profile to hear what I'm talking about.

Cassie @ MySpace
And here I've gone through the song's lyrics, Elliott Wilson-style and revealed how they're all about polishing a ****. Again, nullus. I was too lazy to do all of that footnoting though, so my comments will just appear in italics between the song's verses.

Verse 1
You've been waiting so long
I'm here to answer your call
I know that I shouldn't have had you waiting at all
I've been so busy, but I've been thinking about what I wanna do with you

Bol Explains: They've been together for a while now, possibly as long as two weeks, but Cassie has been reticent to go down on her boyfriend. Because she's part-black. She's been thinking about it quite a bit though, because all girls secretly enjoy giving out blow jobs.

Bridge
I know them other guys, they been talking bout the way I do what I do
They heard I was good, they wanna see if it's true
They know you're the one I wanna give it to
I can see you want me too
Now, it's me and you

Bol Explains: Cassie has already gone down on about half the guys at school, and word has gotten out. Which of course means that the other half of the guys at school are lined up to take their turn. Unfortunately for them (and isn't this always the case?), she's only got her mind set on one guy's unit. And soon her lips will be as well.

Chorus
It's me and you, now
I've been waiting (Waiting)
Think I wanna make that move, now
Baby, tell me if you like it (Tell me if you like it)
It's me and you, now
I've been waiting
Think I wanna make that move, now
Baby, tell me how you like it

Bol Explains: The prospect of a man's unit in Cassie's mouth finally becomes too much to bear, and so she drops down to her knees and gives her boyfriend what he's been hearing about and waiting to experience for going on two weeks now. She wants to know if it's all he imagined it would be. It probably is.

Verse 2
I was waiting for you to tell me you were ready
I know what to do, if only you would let me
As long as you're cool with it, I'll treat you right
Here is where you wanna be

Bol Explains: You see, some girls will just voluntarily drop to their knees and start blowing a guy, because they understand that this is really all the guy wants out of life, let alone a relationship. Other gilrs like for a guy to order them, and in some cases grab the back of their head and point them in the right direction.

Bridge

Chorus

Verse 3
Baby, I'll love you all the way down
Get cha right where you like it, I promise you'll like it (I swear)
Just relax and let me make that move (It's our secret thang)
Keep it between me and you

Bol Explains: Cassie's boyfriend was concerned that she was going to suck him right up until the point when the poison was ready to come out and then back off, as some girls are wont to do. But Cassie assures him that she has no problem swallowing his load, as long as he doesn't tell anyone.

Link: http://www.byroncrawford.com/2006/07...s_me_u_bl.html

This is a vid of her,doing that ME AND YOU before she was signed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbokS-rYItA

And this ladies and gentlemen is the kind of crap that sells today.

I do agree though, for about every 50 bad artist there is probably a good one.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And this is why we have generations...

You like Led Zepplin, John Coltrane, fine wines, and KISS, but I could think all that is garbage and stick with my T-Pain, Panic! At The Disco, Acne inducing sodas, and The Fray.

Oh, and Chillaxin, thats what happens when you read too far into something thats supposed to be enjoyed. Just like the people who say games like GTA(which im sure most of you play and enjoy) make little kiddies go out and car jack people and shoot up the place.

Yeah, its definately a generation thing...in a few years, they'll be playing things I was used to, and I'll be right along with you....but until then...
Old 08-16-2006, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I didn't write that, so I don't see how I am reading too far into it. that was clearly posted by someone else, and the link to the video pretty much proves it. You can even read a statement by Cassie herself saying that she has never been proud of that video. I'm just reading what is stated, none of that was my own assumption. Matter of fact I'll post you the statement she wrote in response to recent criticisms of her.

Cassie's response to her recent criticism and artist ratings:

"Yo, some things need to be cleared up right now. First off I’d like to say that the media is absolutely ruthless and will do ANTHING to tear people down. This week particularily has been the worst with media for me. They’ve released statements that I never said about the intentions of my first single ‘Me & U.’ I never said that the song is about oral sex. Take it as you wish, I NEVER SAID THAT, EVER!
Second, this week I had an interview on New York radio, first with Angie Martinez and then later with Funk Master Flex on Hot 97. What I said with both Angie and Flex was what I said, but all of it was taken out of context when sites such as Vibe.com decided to write about it. I never said that Pharrell could get it, I said that he was cute and that was on the Angie Martinez show. Also on Angie’s show, I said that I didn’t have time for guys and that is exactly what I meant. It’s not that people aren’t good enough or however some of you may have taken it. I’M BUSY, STRAIGHT UP. I never said that I didn’t like Ciara, I am actually a HUGE FAN of hers. I said that I didn’t understand why we are compared, not only because I’m only on my first single, but because our styles are much different, she’s soooooo talented, why would I discredit her? Lets be real.
On Flex, he read into a lot, but that is what his show is about. I realized that after I was done with the show. I personally don’t feel that I need to talk about this “unofficial video” again (right now). But quickly, it was a bad look that got leaked on the internet. No, I DID NOT leak it….I don’t care for that video, I never have cared for it. Bow and Omarion are great guys and it was wrong of me to talk about them on air. I had no bad intentions with what I said on them, but I can understand how it would upset people. Again, I’ve met them both and they are very sweet and kind.
The rate from 1 to 10 was BS. It didn’t mean anything to me. None of them were right if I had really thought them through, but how would you feel if you were on live radio with Flex. I do wish that I said no to the suggestion of the “game.” Personal apologies go out to any of the artists that were offended by their rating-they weren’t real, none of them.
Oh and lastly, I am aware that my live performances have been pretty bad….no excuses, I’m still getting over stage fright.
I am very upset with the series of events this week and I do not appreciate people making me look and sound crazy. I’m not a a ***** or a b*tch, which is what people have been making me out to be. I’m a 19 year old girl, I’m single and I’m working my ___ off. Thank you to all of the fans and supporters that have recognized my hard work."

SOURCE://HTTP.CASSIE.NS4LIFE.COM

I believe this statment is also on her myspace page...however I don't use that so I can't say for sure. Pretty much everything she is getting she pretty much deserves because she brought it on herself. The fact that she thought she could fool the public with what has to be such an elaborate hoax is ridiculous. You call it a generation thing yet I am a part of the generation and demographic that this type of artist and music is directed towards. Fortunately I'm smart enough to know a fraud when I see one and I can appreciate quality music unlike this crap.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

of corse that song is about BJ's! Why do think Diddy signed her up!?
Old 08-17-2006, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kurenai

You like Led Zepplin, John Coltrane, fine wines, and KISS, but I could think all that is garbage and stick with my T-Pain, Panic! At The Disco, Acne inducing sodas, and The Fray.

Yeah, its definately a generation thing...in a few years, they'll be playing things I was used to, and I'll be right along with you....but until then...
There's a difference between liking and appreciating music. I don't neccessarily like listening to Coltrane, but I can appreciate the man and his music because he was genius. There was also quite a bit of crap back in the day as well, but the cream always rises to the top. Talent is one thing, being entertained is quite another. Sorry if I'm not making much sense, just trying to stress that talent crosses all boundries, period. Not saying it has to be liked it, but it must be respected.

Personally, I'm an old foggy myself, but my Sirius is typically locked in to the hip-hop stations.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^lol...you are really not that old though.

All I want to know is who are the 2 peolpe that voted on the poll for the choice that she has talent? I would really like to hear their perspective on this, or anyone else who thinks she's a true talent.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, and Chillaxin, thats what happens when you read too far into something thats supposed to be enjoyed. Just like the people who say games like GTA(which im sure most of you play and enjoy) make little kiddies go out and car jack people and shoot up the place.

Of course it can be said that it's all a matter of opinion/taste etc. but seriously man.... T Pain??? The thing is that music now-a-days is shallow, empty, as well as message being spread. It's funny how the masses cling to it. There are so many hip-hop songs stating how women are *****, ******, _____es, and how you got to get paid??? How about getting a job like the majority.... It's funny too because if there was a poll done on the gender of people that listens most to "booty, dance" style hip hop that degrates women, i'm willing to bet the huge majority would go to women. F*cking clueless.... It dumbfounds me, open up your ears! Then when it's brought to their attention their like "DUH, I don't pay attention to the words, I just like the beats, DUH...) Give me a f*cking break you clueless morons. People in general need to pay more attention to music, and it's lyrical content/message. Life isn't about spinners, killin' _____s, or trying to prove how tough you are, because the truth is that the majority of this new Hip-hop/music in general sucks!!! All it is doing is poluting people's minds, stupifying them, and spawning out a bunch of posers. If you want to listen to real hip-hop, listen to Tupac's non-commercial stuff, or Tribe Called Quest, GURU, Common, Mos Def etc. These guys are for real, and have done some amazing stuff. GURU compiled an album series called "Jazzmattaz" in which teamed up with old school, and new school, very prominent Jazz cats, and it was really dope! There is tons of other music as well besides hip-hop.... It's either this new trash hip-hop, or some lame a$$ rock that people listen to these days. The youth as a whole needs to open their minds, broaden their horizons, and actually give other music, and artist a chance instead of conforming to being MTV produced moron drones for the sake of being cool/accepted....

BTW, I know again that it's really a matter of opinion but T Pain/Panic at the Disco have NO place in the same sentence with a GIANT like John Coltrane. He was an innovator/pioneer. He was very influental, and changed music. He will be in history books, and will always be remembered. The others mentioned will be old in month.... according to TRL anywyas LOL....
Old 08-23-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bOhEmIo82

Of course it can be said that it's all a matter of opinion/taste etc. but seriously man.... T Pain??? The thing is that music now-a-days is shallow, empty, as well as message being spread. It's funny how the masses cling to it. There are so many hip-hop songs stating how women are *****, ******, _____es, and how you got to get paid??? How about getting a job like the majority.... It's funny too because if there was a poll done on the gender of people that listens most to "booty, dance" style hip hop that degrates women, i'm willing to bet the huge majority would go to women. F*cking clueless.... It dumbfounds me, open up your ears! Then when it's brought to their attention their like "DUH, I don't pay attention to the words, I just like the beats, DUH...) Give me a f*cking break you clueless morons. People in general need to pay more attention to music, and it's lyrical content/message. Life isn't about spinners, killin' _____s, or trying to prove how tough you are, because the truth is that the majority of this new Hip-hop/music in general sucks!!! All it is doing is poluting people's minds, stupifying them, and spawning out a bunch of posers. If you want to listen to real hip-hop, listen to Tupac's non-commercial stuff, or Tribe Called Quest, GURU, Common, Mos Def etc. These guys are for real, and have done some amazing stuff. GURU compiled an album series called "Jazzmattaz" in which teamed up with old school, and new school, very prominent Jazz cats, and it was really dope! There is tons of other music as well besides hip-hop.... It's either this new trash hip-hop, or some lame a$$ rock that people listen to these days. The youth as a whole needs to open their minds, broaden their horizons, and actually give other music, and artist a chance instead of conforming to being MTV produced moron drones for the sake of being cool/accepted....

BTW, I know again that it's really a matter of opinion but T Pain/Panic at the Disco have NO place in the same sentence with a GIANT like John Coltrane. He was an innovator/pioneer. He was very influental, and changed music. He will be in history books, and will always be remembered. The others mentioned will be old in month.... according to TRL anywyas LOL....
Popular music simply reflects the soul of the masses.

Go out and talk to people you dont know and you will see why the music that is so popular, is.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Then I imagine the masses are just as shallow, and as souless as the music they listen to.... This is very upsetting.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bOhEmIo82
Then I imagine the masses are just as shallow, and as souless as the music they listen to....
And my friend, that is my point.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^ I would partially agree with that statment, but on the other hand I would say that not everyone that listens too meaningless music have meaningless lives. They just lack musical integrity and the ability to sort out the trash from quality music.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

x2
Old 08-24-2006, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Chillaxin206
^^ I would partially agree with that statment, but on the other hand I would say that not everyone that listens too meaningless music have meaningless lives. They just lack musical integrity and the ability to sort out the trash from quality music.
I never said they had meaningless lives, just shallow ones that have difficulty with music comprehension.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I don't think that makes someone shallow. How does listening to pointless music make someone shallow if you don't mind me asking?
Old 08-24-2006, 09:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't think that makes someone shallow. How does listening to pointless music make someone shallow if you don't mind me asking?
Take a look at the poll. What choice is in the lead? How she looks, which has nothing to do with musicianship.

It is, of course, a silly poll on ScionLife, but my experiences have confirmed this mentality. Very few people actually put talent above the looks and/or popularity of a singer/group/band. To me this shows that they cannot make an accurate judgement of worth based on the music alone, so other factors, non-musical factors, come into play. Not to mention that 98% of ALL mainstream music is made up of basic 3 chord progression in all the songs. Theres no talent in it at all.

This shows shallowness in my opinion.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://cassie.ns4life.com/

she's okay...there are many "artists" out there w/ the same "talent" or should i say lack of...
Old 08-24-2006, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HeathenBrewing
Take a look at the poll. What choice is in the lead? How she looks, which has nothing to do with musicianship.

It is, of course, a silly poll on ScionLife, but my experiences have confirmed this mentality. Very few people actually put talent above the looks and/or popularity of a singer/group/band. To me this shows that they cannot make an accurate judgement of worth based on the music alone, so other factors, non-musical factors, come into play. Not to mention that 98% of ALL mainstream music is made up of basic 3 chord progression in all the songs. Theres no talent in it at all.

This shows shallowness in my opinion.
This is gospel. We think very much alike, as far as music goes.... I'm sure you listen to all types of music, but give me some selections to check out.

Quick Reply: Music Industry Downfall....Cassie