Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Nick Bollea "Holgan's Son" Sentenced!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

The blame lays squarely on his parents, who in their right mind lets their 17 year old drive a car with over 400 hp and then loans his buddy a viper to run around town with him. Because of his father, this kid had access to a viper to drift with and winds putting that car into the wall TWICE, talk about trashed. I work at the veterans hospital in Tampa ,Fl where John Graziano is being treated, so maybe i feel a little animosity toward this whole media circus. This young combat veteran's life is over, he will never recover,he has permanent and ill reversible brain damage. When Hogan and his family would come to visit this young man the staff at the hospital were forbidden to speak to them unless you had direct contact with Mr .Graziano. I have been a Hogan fan for 20 years but when celebrities receive special treatment it really ____es me off. Had this been my son , the kid would have been charged with vehicular man slaughter and given the max penalty .
I don't mean to rant but this hits close to home.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How is it the parent's fault? I'm tired of this ____ where parent's are being handed the blame instead of the kids. He knew better. He got 3 speeding tickets in less than a year and a half. 8months in jail is to me, not stiff enough punishment. He needs maybe 2 years in jail plus a revoked license for 10 years after that. And this horse____ about his family being well connected makes me sick. If they had "bought" the judges sentence, the kid would have walked off scott free. Maybe they can make Nick pay off the medical payments too.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

You said it yourself, he already had 3 speeding tickets, would your father have let you at 17 go out and drive anything beside your bicycle after getting that many tickets, His father knew he liked to drive fast , they just let him do what ever he wanted instead of disciplining him, like taking away his driving privileges. At 17 and still living at home your parents are the ones in charge.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have more than 3 tickets and still live at home now! The parent's cannot watch everything the kid does every second of the day. Plain and simple, he knows that speeding is wrong and continued to do it. The parents can only do so much before the kid needs to take responsibility for his actions. If he were 18 and made the same mistakes he made at 17, would there be a big difference in your point of view?
Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if I were the guy who needed lifetime care, i would atleast milk the hogan's for all they're worth...
Old 05-12-2008, 09:53 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by joseph33615
I have more than 3 tickets and still live at home now! The parent's cannot watch everything the kid does every second of the day. Plain and simple, he knows that speeding is wrong and continued to do it. The parents can only do so much before the kid needs to take responsibility for his actions. If he were 18 and made the same mistakes he made at 17, would there be a big difference in your point of view?
No, because even at 18 the only one who can take away his keys are his parents.
he refuses to take any responsible because he has never had to and still refuses to, by pleading "no contest " to the charges. You may have more tickets than Nick and no one has ever taken away your keys but your 21 , by law your an adult , Nick on the other hand is not .The Hulk's problem is he wants to be more of a friend to his son than a father.
I sure the day you become the parent of a teenage boy your view will change dramatically.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what i say about the kid who got injured is that maybe he egged em on, the kid was older, perhaps a influence on the hogan boy "race em nick! race em!"

yeah it sucks he got jacked up but im pretty sure the guy didnt say "let me out nick,im not gonna particpate in this"

worse end of the stick.
i dunno just a thought, only they know.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:11 AM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

While I think he deserves the max penalty allowed, I do think its a tad harsh ONLY BECAUSE, there are people who cimmit murder who do less time. There are people who had done alot worse than reckless driving that got less time than him.

I am a vet myself, so to see another vet injured is HORRIBLE. But he didnt die so the worse Nick could be charged with is reckless driving, which was what he was charged with. And that got him 8 months?

Think of all the videos on here of people street racing. That is reckless driving, they just happen not to crash. Do you think if say, Rhtymsmoke got caugth racing at 120MPH he would get 8 months in jail? I doubt it. He would get a ticket.

So yes I think Nick deffinetly deserves 8 months in jail and a major a$$ kicking...BUTTTTT...you need to see if its fair when compared to other people and their crimes.

(just looking at this from a comparative standpoint. Not saying he doesnt deserve what he got)
Old 05-12-2008, 11:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Balliztik
SL Member

wow i cant believe he is getting that much time.....how is the family reacting
Old 05-14-2008, 03:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

he deserves what he got i went to school with john and a good friend of his younger brother and fiance Ashley just tired of all this hope he pulls through have seen him since the accident and can only pray for him and hope nick grows up just a bad situation all together