Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Nitro RC Cars!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Nitro RC Cars!

so i was browsing online and i was thinking about picking up one of those little nitro rc cars...those things are hot i saw a video of someone drifting one on youtube and i think i really want them the only thing is i don't know much about them (brands prodcuts etc. ) so if anyone can give me some insight or maybe has one that they are looking to get rid of let me know thanks!
Old 05-03-2007, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

pros:
TON of fun
really fast
cool as hell

cons:
break a lot
eat up a lot of $$

IMO...they're worth it if you have the time and $ to put into it.

My bro and I have a few RCs between us and have some fun with em. I don't have a drifter but want one pretty badly. I want an electric one though they are capable of making a ton more torque which = awesome drifting. The nitro cars are ***** out fast though
Old 05-03-2007, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmm like wat stuff breaks on em? I kno if ur crash em slightly it puts a lot of hurt on em...and well the tC eats up enuff cash but its finished so now I need to spend money on something else lol any recommendations on brands I should get or websites where I can get these cars n parts for em? thanks
Old 05-03-2007, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bump any other info I should kno?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Scionce
SL Member

here you go
the tc3 and the new tc4 chasis are the best in the bus!!!!! trust me ive won over 15000$ in prizes and money over the years since i was 8 years old!!!!!(198

http://www.teamassociated.com/
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

i personally run a traxxas t-maxx...its a "monster truck" so its more fun off-road(better for my area) then the "stadium trucks"(t3/T4, both of which are nice[i have a t3])

i can recommend traxxas...they're good for beginners

but if you have no experience in RC, nitro can be a pain to figure out/tune....it took me a long time...

as for electrics, they can be fun, as they are easy to use/repair, break less(speed is definetly a factor), and are just cleaner/easier overall

no matter where yo go with it, its a lot of fun...some places even offer "test drives", so you can check the Ready to Run stuff out

have fun, and dont hit anyone!!(with the truck)
Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member

for drifting buy an electric.. you can buy the ones that already are for drifting, or you can build one.

http://www.groovydrift.com/
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_304/tt.htm

for bashing, jumping, off road get a nitro.. I have a Savage X, and is a lot of fun.

http://www.rcnitrotalk.com/index.php

OR, you can go for the RC Crawler, but for me that is boring..

http://www.rccrawler.com/

For parts, you can go to any Hobby shop, any hobby website, or eBay.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/
http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/default.php?language=en

Hoope that helps!
Old 05-03-2007, 11:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey i'm really into rc cars. i'm selling some if your interested pm me
Old 05-03-2007, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had a mugan sieki msx 3? it was soo awesome.. nitro is definitly much more fun (loud as hell too) but the next one im getting will definitly be electric.. screw all the fluids and clean up and bs maintenance
Old 05-03-2007, 11:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

one pro and con I can think of
Nitro/gas powered don't loose power after you runit for 10-15 mins, where as the electric wil start to run slower at the end of the charge.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well it depends on what you want, stadium truck, monster truck, or street car, Traxxas is beast, i was more into the offroad scene, and traxxas has some crazy good offroad vehicles, their 4tec, their on road car, is a lil squirly, but ***** fast and you could dial it in pretty well for the track, as for teamassociated, i'd say no no, they're mad pricy and break all the time (through my experience) but then again like i said im kinda Traxxas biased
Old 05-04-2007, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well if I do it I'm probably gonna go nitro I want something that's eithe rear drive or awd so I can blow the sucka sideways nd I'm not looking to spend crazy money (like 100 to 300) or a lot on upgrades cuz I jus wanna beat up the car anyways plus I got a buddy of mine who works on them n he'll help me out if I need to fix it now wat about belt drives or axle drive ones which is better? and wat could I do to protect it better? also I saw some ebay ones that I have been bidding on ill post the link let me kno wat u think n smeyely ill pm u when I get home cuz right now I'm my cell fone
Old 05-04-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by IcetC
well if I do it I'm probably gonna go nitro I want something that's eithe rear drive or awd so I can blow the sucka sideways nd I'm not looking to spend crazy money (like 100 to 300) or a lot on upgrades cuz I jus wanna beat up the car anyways plus I got a buddy of mine who works on them n he'll help me out if I need to fix it now wat about belt drives or axle drive ones which is better? and wat could I do to protect it better? also I saw some ebay ones that I have been bidding on ill post the link let me kno wat u think n smeyely ill pm u when I get home cuz right now I'm my cell fone
belt drive i have no expierience---my t-maxx is 4-wheel axle driven, and i have snapped SEVERAL axles....but now they are all steel, so it doesn't matter

a belt can slip, keeping it from break

but those little cars have less axle twisting torque(due to tire size and gearing) so they should be ok either way

someone else wanna chime in with belt-drive exp?
Old 05-04-2007, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i have one.. i think.... bought it like 4 years ago.. never played wit it much... its electric...lol
Old 05-04-2007, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I've got a gs storm 1/8th scale buggy, the thing is stupid fast, but it eats electronics like a fat kid at a chocolate factory, for a beginner go for electric, you'll spend alot less and parts are generally easier to find/cheaper, go losi, they've been time proven for the past 20 years, Losi is what about 80% of your world champs are running, because a basic losi comes race ready out of the box, graphite everything for onroad or off road
Old 05-04-2007, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definitely go for axle drive versus belt drive if you wanna save money, it will save you from changing/tightening belts
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay i'ma put my two cents into all of this. first belts are a lot quitier then axal and axal's do tend to break or crack. you don't have to change belts that often but you never have to change unless they break or crack. also you can make eletric cars 5 times faster then a nitro. but nitro is faster out of the box. i do think traxxes is good for benngiers but for novice and pros i would branch out from traxxes.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

okay i'ma put my two cents into all of this. first belts are a lot quitier then axal and axal's do tend to break or crack. you don't have to change belts that often but you never have to change unless they break or crack. also you can make eletric cars 5 times faster then a nitro. but nitro is faster out of the box. i do think traxxes is good for benngiers but for novice and pros i would branch out from traxxes.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:27 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyone interested? =)

I have a T-Maxx that is, its fully set up for racing, and off road....Also have an electric street car, awd rs4 pro 3 by HPI, and two MICRO RS4's that are a little bigger then your hand but crazy fast, a tc body would be awesome on them to match your car....hmmm