Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Noise Violation Ticket

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 05:48 AM
SL Member

Default Noise Violation Ticket

well today i got a ticket for my stereo, small shore town packed with Bennies lots of bars and young kids, 11 at night get stopped by bike cops... said my music was too loud and that he could hear me from a block away (with attitude)... turns out its gonna be a $304.00 ticket plus whatever other fee's

in my opinion thats a little harsh. you pay less for a speeding ticket and other more serious violations where someone can be killed or seriously injured. music may be annoying at some times but doesnt compare to the loss of ones life.

also in my opinion they should spend a little more time focusing on the real problems at hand in this town with all the booze and motor vehicles and not pick on a sober straight edge kid coming home from dinner. it just gets under my skin, and im a LOCAL. thought they'd have more sympathy

so now after i go pay 300+ of my hard earned money im thinking the system isnt worth the tickets. this hobby sometimes makes me feel like its a bad thing..? going to car shows, spending a saturday working on the car, its keeping me busy occupied and out of trouble. whats wrong with that?

how do you guys feel on this??? i think i might have just needed to vent then agian you may agree.

thanks guys
Old 06-13-2009, 05:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well do you really need to be listening to your music that loud? I don't know how loud you were listening to it but obviously loud enough to ____ off a cop *shrug* I mean if you want to try and fight it go for it.

The whole point though is if your music is that loud you could be either disturbing the piece (especially that late at night) or if an emergency were to occur you may or may not be able to hear someone honking there horn or sirens coming etc..

That's just my .02

Still sucks that you got the ticket though =/ just trying to give you some food for thought I guess
Old 06-13-2009, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

It's a tough call on this one.

1) I can see your point of view. When I was 16, 17, 18... I had a pretty ridiculous stereo in my avalon, (a hand-me-down, of course.). I loved it, and it definitely kept me company on long trips.

2) When you're hanging out at home, and some r-tard comes blasting through the neighborhood, you want to shoot the SOB. Especially when it rattles stuff off the table inside of your house. I'm sorry, I should not be subjected to HIS crappy taste in music.

You've all seen them... 26" rims on candy colored 74 El Dorados... system is a wal-mart special... sounds like they've got a few hundred rattle cans of spraypaint in the trunk.... having parts rattle loose and fall off as it passes.

but...

$300 is excessive. Speeding tickets are typically $100, that's much more appropriate.

FYI - In Louisiana, they do have the right to confiscate the stereo as well.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:15 PM
SL Member

thanks guys,

yeah i took the system out today, i realize its not worth getting harrassed over and getting ticketed. i dont have the money to be paying these types of crazy tickets.

i know what you mean too with the k-mart special and im the complete opposite. i have two tens. they are clean and go to the music, thats why i like them. thier not the crazy bumping headache causing subs . and i have 200 sq ft of e-dead in the car so my car has 0 rattle to it. and it helps lessen the sound of it.

im going to keep the factory stuff in. it looks clean and i shouldnt be bothered. feels bad getting on my knees and bowing down to these A-hole cops but fighting the red and blue wall is impossible. thanks to the other r-tard kids around this town flying around in there moms minivan after they watch 2F2F, i get screwed over.

cant describe how frustrating this is, i didnt need a $300 slap in the face to turn my music down...

anyone else?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Damn that sucks, 300 bucks is insane. When I had my neon I had an extremely loud system and I was stupid and played it downtown where i'm from. I got pulled over but he just ran my license to make sure I didn't have any tickets for it before and wrote me a warning.

I don't know if I would take the system out though, I would just be careful not to play it loud in cities and towns. Nothing wrong with having alittle bump, most cops want care if it is not too loud