Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

obama speach

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default obama speach

what did you guys think of it?

i think it was spot on, few things that got to me was the fact that its over and thats it lol
Old 08-29-2008, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Too bad someone didn't drop a bomb on Denver tonight.
McCain in 08' or the country will be in BIG trouble.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionTific
SL Member

What. Worse than it is now??LOL
Old 08-29-2008, 04:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

^^No kidding.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

he's a fake trying to be the hip cool one, he's as racist as hitler. let's take from the ones who work hard to make a good income and give to the lazy one at home drinking a 40oz plus cut all blacks a check with your taxes for suffering,,,riiigghhtt. he has no plans or leadership and cant answer simple questions.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Wow. And I thought this was the year 2008....
Old 08-29-2008, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I could have sworn is was 2008 and not 1958 ... ^You know, that's funny your talking about him being racist but, "cut all blacks a check with your taxes" what is that ? PLAIN inorant hypocracy. oh and I'm black by the way. Not all blacks drink 40 oz's, just like not all white's play golf on Saturday, and not all Mexicans are illegal immigrants. If you have a problem with anything I've said esemrfozz13 please PM me.... I would be glad to further dicuss it in a more direct manner. -tcboi513 (Tuskegee University B.A. in Aeronautical Engineering)
Old 08-29-2008, 04:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

...I play golf on Tuesdays...

But yeah, that guy (esemrfozz) really needs to pull his head out.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ESEMRFOZZ13
he's a fake trying to be the hip cool one, he's as racist as hitler. let's take from the ones who work hard to make a good income and give to the lazy one at home drinking a 40oz plus cut all blacks a check with your taxes for suffering,,,riiigghhtt. he has no plans or leadership and cant answer simple questions.
Whoa, chill out there Adolf!
Old 08-29-2008, 12:32 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by bB2NER
Actually ....they are saving them for Twin cities where they'll be needed...... God help us if McCain wins.....then we would just have another idiot then in the white house....cause our economy is fundamentally sound ....umm how many homes do I own????????
Old 08-29-2008, 12:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im not a fan of politicians because they all lie to us in the end.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

This can only end hilariously.

I'd like to know how McCain is going to have as spectacular of a bash as Obama just did, politics aside. Who's he going to have as the musical guest? I honestly can't think of anyone. Rage Against The Machine wanting to play outside doesn't count, even though that will be disastrously epic if they actually do it like they're talking about.

Sorry, that's why the Republicans are going to lose this time: taking care of things you don't like by dropping bombs on them hasn't really been working out for you guys over the past couple years.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Although avoiding the issue like Clinton did also didn't have the greatest affect either.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

While I do agree, just because taking a reserved stance towards an issue isn't working doesn't mean taking an aggressive stance will be any better. That's like saying gently correcting your child when he swore wasn't working, so cutting his tongue out is a much better solution.

Go ask the people of Iraq and Afghanistan about how they felt during the Clinton administration and how they feel now. You know, assuming you find someone who isn't on fire, a crater, or who now wants to kill Yankee pig dogs all day.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

True, but my cousin told me that when he was over in Iraq all of the fellow soldiers actually liked Bush in office.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Really? Because I know many, many servicemembers who disagree with that statement, and have read many studies and articles about astronomical suicide rates and skyrocketing depression and PTSD, namely right around the time stop-loss was in full effect.

My memory is hazy on this, but I seem to remember that even some very important people, like Joint Chiefs important, were openly voicing a dissenting opinion on the way the war was being handled in Military Times not too long ago, too.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Do you honestly think Bush the Third will be any better than 1 and 2?

I love when the Republicans complain about higher taxes, but then complain about how horrible the economy currently is. We NEED Obama in office to fix this economy.

Originally Posted by captainlaziness
Wow. And I thought this was the year 2008....
It is 2008, you just seemed to have forgotten that this is America. The only place in the world that is arrogant enough to spawn ignorant, racist scum at an alarming rate.

John McCain, a man who has earned our respect on many levels, is now openly endorsing the policies of the Bush-Cheney White House and promising to actually continue them.
That alone is more than enough of a reason to vote Obama. If anyone honestly still supports Bush, they are quite the brainwashed buffoon.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this isn't the only country. racism and prejudice are still practiced and widely accepted in other western nations as well, like spain.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Clinton, at no point, ever truly had a surplus. That is a common misconception based on sheer political spin.

Here's a well-written article to explain. An excerpt will follow.
http://www.letxa.com/articles/16

When Clinton (and others) said that he had paid down the national debt, that was patently false--as can be seen, the national debt went up every single year. What Clinton did do was pay down the public debt--notice that the claimed surplus is relatively close to the decrease in the public debt for those years. But he paid down the public debt by borrowing far more money in the form of intergovernmental holdings.

Interestingly, this most likely was not even a conscious decision by Clinton. The Social Security Administration is legally required to take all its surpluses and buy U.S. Government securities, and the U.S. Government readily sells those securities--which automatically and immediately becomes intergovernmental holdings. The economy was doing well due to the dot-com bubble and people were earning a lot of money and paying a lot into Social Security. Since Social Security had more money coming in than it had to pay in benefits to retired persons, all that extra money was immediately used to buy U.S. Government securities. The government was still running deficits, but since there was so much money coming from excess Social Security contributions there was no need to borrow more money directly from the public. As such, the public debt went down while intergovernmental holdings continued to skyrocket.
Now... for fairness sake... Did bush make it worse? Yup. But the point is, Clinton was no economic genius, and if one would read the article, you'd see that he had little control over the intergovernmental lending.
----------------------------------------

We talk about needing Barak Obama to "fix the economy." How ? What is he planning to do? Increase taxes on the rich (top 5%), who already pay 87% of the tax burden? Surely, any tax increases on corporations will simply get sheltered, or even worse, directly passed onto the consumers, or taken out of individual's IRAs which are directly tied to many of these large US businesses.

Then Nationalizing Healthcare? Expanding an already BANKRUPT Medicare, that's currently CUTTING reimbursement at over 4% per year to stay afloat? This is why more and more doctors don't accept it, and people go without healthcare... Because WE LOSE MONEY each time we do a full workup on a medicare patient.

Billions in new spending on -currently- non-economically viable alternative energy, while continuing to stand against new drilling? If any new drilling, keeping it drastically limited? He just really doesn't have a plan here... just throwing tons of numbers out there.

No... it's not about race. He's just as white as he is black. It's that I completely disagree with NEARLY every stance he's taken. This election is, just like the last one, picking the lesser of two evils. I'd rather the devil I know, than the devil that NO one really knows.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bush has done nothing for the working class but hold us back no tax breaks for us no help for out health care

republicans use war to strike fear in out eyes to make us think its the only way they also say the dems cant hadle war but why are we at war why are we trying to run other countries when are so messed up hear if mcain gets elected unions will be gone wages will drop who cares about abortion this country is ran by to many right wing religious fruit cakes

Quick Reply: obama speach