Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

obama speach

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 03:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member

Haa haa.

So how do you Republicans feel about the VP he picked? She was a runner up for Miss Alaska in 1984...but that about it as far as experience goes, for the most part.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Okay nevermind on Romney. He picked some woman from Alaska, Palin? Never heard of her.
Just getting the news.

Wow... well.. yeah, this is interesting...

I honestly don't know much about her. But then again, who can? She's got as much experience as Obama... but hey, at least she was a governor, vs. a senator. It's funny to see PMS-NBC attacking her already.

I'll need to do some research... some "learn-in"... before I'll make an opinion on her. It's an interesting idea to go for the woman though, to try to psychologically sway the disgruntled feminists on the democrat side.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

From what I'm reading, she seems to be a WWJD, pro-life feminist.

No thanks.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I definitely don't agree with running a deficit during a time of peace (Bush #1).

But Reagan was dealing with Cold War issues. So I'm ok with spending the communists in to the ground to avoid something a lot worse than a $200b deficit.

I'm not huge fan of Bush #2 and his many mistakes. But we are in a war with people that want to kill or convert us at any cost. Dealing with that type of threat cost money. Probably not as much as we have spent but I think a deficit would have been inevitable.

I have a huge problem with Clinton sitting on $200,000,000,000+ of our money just looking for something to waste it on. The government in peace time should run little to no surplus. That is my money and your money. Instead of it sitting in our savings accounts earning interest for us, it is sitting in the government's hands doing god knows what.

That is just as wrong as the government spending more than the are bringing in during period of peace.
Old 08-29-2008, 04:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Know what I think? If Bush Jr. and Jimmy Carter had a kid, and this kid was a retard of epic proportions born with no hands and no feet, and someone strapped a paintbrush to his winky and he hobbled up to a blank canvas and started gyrating his hips while screaming "AHHHHHHH AHHHHHHH OWEEEEEE!!!"... ... Well, I think that demon spawn from our two worst recent presidents still paints a better future for America than either McCain or Obama.

Vote For Yourself '08!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ Dayum!!! What a vivid image you depict in that small paragraph! Niice!
Old 08-29-2008, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So McCain is hoping having a women vice president will either:

a) get the women vote
b) "First" women in office like "First" black president
c) get him killed so she can be the first women president...
Old 08-29-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scott8
So McCain is hoping having a women vice president will either:

a) get the women vote
b) "First" women in office like "First" black president
c) get him killed so she can be the first women president...
That's exactly what I thought when I saw it on CNN.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

will get the votes for sure!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM
SL Member

Just to remind you Republicans, there is not A war going on there are TWO wars going on. The war in Iraq was a mistake--we were lied to and we all fell for it--and we need to focus on the war in Afghanistan. Ousting Saddam Hussein was a good thing, but the pretenses we were given were complete bs. Afghanistan is where the focus should have always remained. McCain's never explained what winning the war in Iraq entails... even though he proclaimed victory several years ago. When confronted about whether we really had achieved victory, his response was "then why was there the banner on the ship?" If winning is all that matters, why don't we go back to Vietnam and finish the job there old man?

Republicans always like to say "what exactly does Obama plan to do" but yet nobody can tell me exactly what McCain plans to do. Maybe that is because the 72 year old man does not know what to do and his "advisors" have not filled him in on "his" policies yet. Graham (his financial advisor) is behind both the housing crisis and energy crisis. His legislation is responsible for the deregulation of the banking industry and for the creation of oil speculators. Graham's wife by the way, was a central figure in the Enron scandal. McCain's foreign policy advisor (Randy Schuneman) is a paid lobbyist of Georgia! On second thought, I don't need to know exactly what McCain's policies are... I already know them.

Drilling for oil is a gamble and not a realistic solution. It is a band-aid, plain and simple. Besides, just because you drill for it does not mean that you will find it. So what if we do? There has not been a new oil refinery built in this country for over 30 years. So then what... we have a bunch of oil sitting around and nowhere to refine it. Who profits from that? The oil companies profit, not us.

McCain is not the maverick he used to be. His voting record over the past 8 years shows that. I have lived in Arizona almost my entire life. I once really liked McCain. I would have even voted for him over Gore had he won the nomination in 2000. The simple truth is that McCain is a sell out. He has abandoned everything he once stood for to achieve the Presidency. Yet he chastises Obama for his ambition. You do not run for the most powerful position in the world if you are not ambitious. McCain even said in his most recent book about his reasons for running in 2000, "it had become my personal ambition". McCain is a f'n hypocrite!

One last thing, being a POW does not make you a hero. I cannot imagine what McCain went through as a POW but he is just that... a POW. Call him a survivor if you want, but not a hero. A hero is not a mediocre pilot (he lost 4 planes in routine training missions prior to his last plane in Vietnam) who saw roughly 22 hours of combat. A hero is not somebody who got preferential treatment in a POW camp. If anybody thinks the POW son of an Admiral did not receive preferential treatment, they are as incredibly stupid as our current President. A hero is a Marine who saw over 4,000 hours of combat; who saw his brothers in arms die; who saw the life he took leave his enemy's eyes; who no matter how hard he tries... will never forget what he did and what he saw. THAT is a hero!

Obama-Biden in '08!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
Originally Posted by Obsoletepunk04
Im not in Jesusland.....
your lucky i almost had to un conseal my gun the other day this crazy lady with a 8 ft sign with a dead baby on it wouldnt get out of my way in my work truck cause i said go stem cell research she started speaking at me in tounges as 5 more fruit cakes joined here then the cops fixed the problems lol
I can't stand people who are against stem cell research.
A cluster of five identical cells is not a person. How far can this argument even go? Should guys not masterbate and women not have periods because each of those halves can turn into a baby? Even if embryonic cell clusters were to be transplanted, pumped full of drugs and somehow made a healthy baby, the money and effort could have been put towards helping literally thousands of unwanted, already born children have a chance for a decent life. If it's for religious reasons, I'm pretty sure the true son of god made human would have protection enough upstairs to not end up in a biohazard disposal container.

As for Barack, he still makes me nervous. I changed parties before the primaries to ensure another fundamental idealist who put his beleifs before the cold, hard facts was not nominated. I thought McCain would be the one to do that, but he's fallen a LONG way from his days of labeling Jerry Falwell and Louis Farrahkan "agents of intolerance". I was hoping Barack would give us a definition of the change we can believe in. At least I know he's intelligent enough to look at the facts instead of going by "gut" instinct, and his selection of Biden tells me he has the humbleness to recognize his own shortcomings and address them by finding people who know what he doesn't yet.

I don't want my president to know everything, but I want him to at least know the people who do and actually listen to what they have to tell him. I'd love to see a republican as sec. of defense (would Powell want the job?), dem as sec. of the state and Libertarian in the treasury secretary position. Can we maybe get an independant in the DoJ?
Old 08-30-2008, 05:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vettereddie
Originally Posted by coryjames
Originally Posted by Obsoletepunk04
Im not in Jesusland.....
your lucky i almost had to un conseal my gun the other day this crazy lady with a 8 ft sign with a dead baby on it wouldnt get out of my way in my work truck cause i said go stem cell research she started speaking at me in tounges as 5 more fruit cakes joined here then the cops fixed the problems lol
I can't stand people who are against stem cell research.
A cluster of five identical cells is not a person. How far can this argument even go? Should guys not masterbate and women not have periods because each of those halves can turn into a baby? Even if embryonic cell clusters were to be transplanted, pumped full of drugs and somehow made a healthy baby, the money and effort could have been put towards helping literally thousands of unwanted, already born children have a chance for a decent life. If it's for religious reasons, I'm pretty sure the true son of god made human would have protection enough upstairs to not end up in a biohazard disposal container.

As for Barack, he still makes me nervous. I changed parties before the primaries to ensure another fundamental idealist who put his beleifs before the cold, hard facts was not nominated. I thought McCain would be the one to do that, but he's fallen a LONG way from his days of labeling Jerry Falwell and Louis Farrahkan "agents of intolerance". I was hoping Barack would give us a definition of the change we can believe in. At least I know he's intelligent enough to look at the facts instead of going by "gut" instinct, and his selection of Biden tells me he has the humbleness to recognize his own shortcomings and address them by finding people who know what he doesn't yet.

I don't want my president to know everything, but I want him to at least know the people who do and actually listen to what they have to tell him. I'd love to see a republican as sec. of defense (would Powell want the job?), dem as sec. of the state and Libertarian in the treasury secretary position. Can we maybe get an independant in the DoJ?

Old 08-30-2008, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
umm how many homes do I own????????

Woah woah woah there mister. John and Cindy McCain have a pre-nup since when they married Cindy was already a multi-millionaire and she is the one buying them homes with her own money. Not J. McCain's money. Hence why he has to get back to people about how many they own, he doesn't buy them!

I have been out of the loop with all the political happenings lately, but sadly I've seen so much Obama press that it's unfair to any other candidate trying to run. :?
Old 08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't want my president to know everything, but I want him to at least know the people who do and actually listen to what they have to tell him.
This is one of the more intelligent political comments I've ever seen.

This is why Obama's choice of VP is much better than McCain's choice of VP, and why I'm more behind Obama than I might have been before. Hopefully he continues this trend of electing people who "knows what he doesn't".

A couple friends and I have been kicking around John Edwards as Attorney General.
Old 08-30-2008, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fellow SL member and tC owner ryz0n had this pretty interesting video in his blog.

I'm not saying I support either candidate, but the video does have some element of truth to it. It's an interesting watch to say the least.

http://ryz0n.tumblr.com/day/2008/08/14
Old 09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Originally Posted by Sciond
umm how many homes do I own????????

she is the one buying them homes with her own money. Not J. McCain's money. Hence why he has to get back to people about how many they own, he doesn't buy them!
Please, that is the weakest excuse I have ever heard. Her money, his money... their money. They are married. If he does not know how many houses his wife is buying or what she is doing with "her" money; how are we supposed to trust his judgement on things of national importance when he does not even know what is going on in his own life?

John McCain... a candidate you can trust... to not know anything about his personal finances or the nation's economy. Great choice for President.
Old 09-01-2008, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dont like mchusain he is a very angry man i am not a angry guy nor am i rich
Old 09-01-2008, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I don't even take it that far, I just ask people if they remember being conscious while still in the womb, then I tell them to ST FU.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Obama for the win!...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

right wings are nut jobs

liberals for the win lol

Quick Reply: obama speach