Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

obama speach

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 10:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please please please.

Fix the spelling in the title.

Remember, we're trying to look like intelligent voters.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CDogbert
Please please please.

Fix the spelling in the title.

Remember, we're trying to look like intelligent voters.

i did it for a reason, i am coryjames i miss spell words and refuse to use punctuation if you dont like it dont read it
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^^Amen brotha...
Old 09-01-2008, 10:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol get at me for being "special" lol fall into the mold some more why dont you lol let me guess your parents still say grace at dinner and talk about what celebs are cheating and how they are going to hell?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Wow just imo one of the worst threads started on a car forum (yet still funny).Doesn't matter what you or I or whoever thinks is right. No one ever wins or agrees. you just keep arguing until someone gets tired or kills someone. But anyway that is all I would rather not get into who is better or who knows more, but this was just my opinion.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by coryjames
i did it for a reason, i refuse to use punctuation
lol get at me for being "special" lol fall into the mold some more why dont you lol let me guess your parents still say grace at dinner and talk about what celebs are cheating and how they are going to hell?
Wait, what? Misspelling words on purpose and making your posts generally unreadable doesn't make you unique or awesome, it just makes you an unintelligible retard, so you can go ahead and fsck right off for thinking you're better than me for purposefully looking like an idiot. Granted, every one of your posts in this thread has been, at best, uninformed and sheepish... but at least it would look nicer if you cleaned them up.

Obama-Biden '08.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="CDogbert"]
i did it for a reason, i refuse to use punctuation
Wait, what? Misspelling words on purpose and making your posts generally unreadable doesn't make you unique or awesome, it just makes you an unintelligible retard, so you can go ahead and fsck right off for thinking you're better than me for purposefully looking like an idiot. Granted, every one of your posts in this thread has been, at best, uninformed and sheepish... but at least it would look nicer if you cleaned them up.

Obama-Biden '08.[/quote

can we get a mod in here to clean up the language? people are bypassing the language filters. this is a no no i would suggest you fix it before you get a warning from the mods
Old 09-01-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by senseiturtle
Originally Posted by CarbonXe
I don't follow religion at all, so I have no clue, but how do you think the bible belt is going to react if McCain announces Romney as his VP?
I'm in the bible belt.

For myself, it won't make a lick of difference. McCain was pretty close to my last choice anyway, so it could only help.

The thing is... the same people that would be bothered by a Mormon VP, are the same people who'd never vote for Obama due to skin color. Religious snobbery and racism tend to go hand-n-hand for those types.

When it comes to election time, no difference. I will say this though, McCain needs a hardcore conservative firecracker to motivate the base... that's his only chance at winning. Obama will be a difficult force to reckon with, though he's certainly defeatable. He needs to reconcile the Hillary votes ASAP, since at least some of them are voting McCain.
Pfft, sensei; you don't know the meaning of the term "bible belt". Hell, half of the movie Jesus Camp is about how nuts we are for religion in Missouri!

I honestly think you're giving the fundie voting base more credit than is due. Where you are and where I am, the backwoods retards that hold voter cards are either going to stay home because they don't believe either of them are religious enough/white enough, or vote for McCain because he's a veteran and white. The former is actually great, because it means their dumbass votes won't count, unlike when they showed up in hordes for W.

EDIT:
can we get a mod in here to clean up the language? people are bypassing the language filters. this is a no no i would suggest you fix it before you get a warning from the mods
Do what now? You caught me, I'm bypassing the swear filter by using a word that sort of looks like a swear word, but isn't. Sorry, let me change the word that isn't a swear word to a word that isn't a swear word.

Also,
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
The system utility fsck (for "file system check" or "file system consistency check") is a tool for checking the consistency of a file system in Unix and Unix-like operating systems such as AIX and Linux.

Before the rise of journaling file systems, it was common for an improperly shut-down Unix system's file system to develop a corrupted superblock. This possibly-serious problem could only be resolved by running fsck, which could take anywhere from a few seconds to hours, depending on the volume's size. Because of the severity of fsck not being able to resolve this error, the terms "fsck" and "fscked" have come into use among Unix system administrators as a minced oath. When one is told "Go fsck yourself!" the meaning implied is to "go away, analyze yourself, and fix your problems", mirroring fsck's primary function.
Old 09-01-2008, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, lots of interesting opinions in this thread.

Obama's going to win it, he's a once-in-a generation politician.

Anything "maverick" about McCain was sold out long ago to get on the ticket. He's a puppet like Bush 43 for the corporate interests that get Republicans elected.

also IMO- To say that the war isn't about big oil isn't very bright either. War is ALWAYS about economic interests, and who benefits from high gas prices? Oil companies, as evidenced by the highest profits in human history. The Bushes themselves are oil magnates, oil funded their campaigns, oil companies are now defining McCain's energy policy. It's so transparently corrupt that it amazes me we didn't have impeachment proceedings years ago.

I'm not naive enough to think that Obama's election can solely fix our sad state of affairs, but it's certainly a step in the right direction.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Boxer_Rebellion
also IMO- To say that the war isn't about big oil isn't very bright either. War is ALWAYS about economic interests, and who benefits from high gas prices? Oil companies, as evidenced by the highest profits in human history. The Bushes themselves are oil magnates, oil funded their campaigns, oil companies are now defining McCain's energy policy. It's so transparently corrupt that it amazes me we didn't have impeachment proceedings years ago.
Yes! I modify my statement earlier to say that I hate the "no blood for oil" people who use that as their sole reason.

It is staggeringly transparent. The links between the White House and Halliburton over in Iraq have been documented numerous times as being alarmingly shady, and Big Oil has been one of the largest lobbying groups in Washington... well, ever. To believe, though, that the plan of invading Iraq was hatched by Big Oil and the White House branch of Team Halliburton is a bit of an evil stretch.

Not that I particularly like defending megalocorporations, but just because those sucking on the oil teat are making windfall profits and sitting pretty right now because of the war, doesn't mean that they had anything to do with it; that's like saying the aviation companies of the 30's came together and convinced Hitler to invade Poland. I'm sure Bush Co. went "wow, we can seriously make some skrilla off of this plan" at some point, and they have some special places in hell reserved for them just for that, but we were still riding high on the 9/11 kool-aid when we went to war in Iraq.

There's a surprising amount of jaded cynicism missing from this post.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do you guys realize that the government makes much more profit than the oil companies do? If you actually look up the figures the oil companies might report big earnings, but that's very insignificant when compared to how much the government rakes in. The money from the oil companies goes to keeping their various operations running and paying their employee, god knows how many a single company employs.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Haha, yeah CDog I didn't even want to bring up Halliburton... they had the Iraq "rebuilding" contracts (to fix everything we were to blow up) secured BEFORE the Afganistan war even stated. Halliburton's CEO was until 2000.... wait for it... Cheney. Conflict of interest is way too nice of a term for it, more of criminality on a global scale.

We did the same thing in the first Gulf war. Back then when Iraq didn't blow up enough stuff in Kuwait, allied forces used Kuwaiti pipelines for target practice (as seen on 60 Minutes...)

Maybe when enough time goes by people will start to see the Machiavellian connections between Pearl Harbor and 9/11... till then we as a nation can keep going around beating our chests, convinced that we are the moral authority in the world.

OK, rant over.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChelsDS
Do you guys realize that the government makes much more profit than the oil companies do? If you actually look up the figures the oil companies might report big earnings, but that's very insignificant when compared to how much the government rakes in. The money from the oil companies goes to keeping their various operations running and paying their employee, god knows how many a single company employs.
I did agree with this, until I actually came upon some interesting figures about fuel tax; namely that the tax in the US is nothing compared to the fuel tax in other major countries. In the UK, the tax is about ten times the amount that it is in the US, and the equivalent fuel costs twice as much. However, we as US peoples consume four times more gasoline than they do per day. So the government is still getting a massive amount of money from gasoline, sure... but according to everything I've read, Big Oil still makes more.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

It's not even a McCain thing anymore... two words -- Sarah Palin.

That old bastard doesn't even need to worry about losing on his own accord any more, the walking disaster that Palin is will ruin it enough.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by senseiturtle
Clinton, at no point, ever truly had a surplus. That is a common misconception based on sheer political spin.

Here's a well-written article to explain. An excerpt will follow.
http://www.letxa.com/articles/16
Um.... that site doesn't EXACTLY seem impartial.

Besides... every time I've heard the GOP talkers argue with Clinton's success in the economy they usually give credit to Reaganomics. That point is funny because Reagan increased the debt and middle-class tax burden.

Anybody NOT MAKING $250,000.00 or more per year should consider what, specifically, the last eight years have done to them and their family. Wanting to be a filthy rich b____rd by voting for people that don't care if you eat, live in a nice house or get a shot at your American dream is not a way to get ahead.

I sell cars and when sales slows down and the service department picks up I can tell things have taken a wrong turn.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by bbcrud
Um.... that site doesn't EXACTLY seem impartial.

Besides... every time I've heard the GOP talkers argue with Clinton's success in the economy they usually give credit to Reaganomics. That point is funny because Reagan increased the debt and middle-class tax burden.

Anybody NOT MAKING $250,000.00 or more per year should consider what, specifically, the last eight years have done to them and their family. Wanting to be a filthy rich b____rd by voting for people that don't care if you eat, live in a nice house or get a shot at your American dream is not a way to get ahead.

I sell cars and when sales slows down and the service department picks up I can tell things have taken a wrong turn.
Perhaps the site isn't impartial. I won't deny it. However, it's much more impartial than the commonly-referenced Daily Kos, which seems to provide the extreme left with talking points taken at face-value. Either way, it does state some truths--- the national debt continued to increase under clinton, which only serves to mask any notion of an actual surplus of money. If I use my credit card for everything, my checking account will have a surplus... but that doesn't mean I'm better off.

Regan increasing tax burden on the middle class... Yes, that's true. However, true proponents of "fairness" in the tax code often overlook the fact that the top income earners pay 87% of the tax burden. How is that fair?

I'm personally a big proponent of a flat tax rate. Whatever percentage that needs to be, set it, and forget it. Don't raise it for more idiotic spending. Don't lower it for special interests. Take the lawyers and confusion out of it. In fact, just by doing that, the government could save a lot of coin. While we're out saving coin, why not eliminate African tyrant payoffs, get out of Iraq intelligently ASAP, quit funding the scandal-ridden U.N., renegotiate trade laws for actual fairness instead of shelling out trillions to China, cut all these failing domestic social programs, and start drilling OUR land for the oil that WE use everyday.

And yes, I am that middle class guy. Personally, I did the "same" since I'm on school loans, the only change in the last 8 years was congress changing the deferrment laws so I have to go directly into forbearance right out of school. (Which screws me, big time, BTW... thanks, Pelosi). My parents make much less than 250k, yet their incomes have increased 20% over the last 8 years.

Of course, I'm not out to offend anyone. I realize I'm probably much farther to the right than a vast majority of the posters here. Feel free to slam me, I'm always willing to entertain new ideas, but there's very little need to debate, and more importantly, very little time to.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Wow, Palin wants to teach Creationism in public schools. That just seals the casket for me.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by CarbonXe
Wow, Palin wants to teach Creationism in public schools. That just seals the casket for me.
Mine actually exploded where it was buried, burst into flames, and caught a nearby Seventh Day Adventist church on fire.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

I love reading comments on the debate videos on Youtube.

B Hussein OsamaObama is the worst. Hes an IGNORANT RACIST who will stab you in the back after shaking hands with Black Lib Theology Hate-Mongering. Only thing he hates more than white people is AmeriKKKa, and he is trying to bring her down.
The REAL AMERICAN HERO AND PATRIOT who has spent his whole life in service to this country while Hussein Osama snorted blow, smoked weed and crack(his book) while practicing Islam.
I didn't realize how brainwashed some of America was.

Only one thing comes into mind when I hear people like this...AMERICA!!! ____ YEAH!!!! COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHER ____ING DAY YEAH!
Old 09-02-2008, 12:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FREEDOM IS THE OOONLY WAY!

Getting a bit glib, John McCain was only in the services for 23 years of his life. Hardly "his whole life", especially since he's been alive since the Cretaceous era.

I've read many, many, many, many knee-jerk frothing-at-the-mouth comments like that about Obama. Sadly, it means that there's a minority in the US that's actually probably only a degree or two off from the Afrikaner during apartheid.

Quick Reply: obama speach