Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

obsessive compulsive girlfriends

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default obsessive compulsive girlfriends

i've been with my gf for over a year, and we love eachother and all that mushy stuff, but she has a serious issue about me and women of print.

last year at the scion showoff at central florida toyota, i got a calender autographed by two of the models in it, and she was mad, and didn't want me to put it up, but i did. well 2006 is almost over, and saturday i was catering a party at dc cruisers, and four of the redskin's cheerleaders were there autographing their 2007 calender. and she got even more upset when she saw it.

i mean, seriously, this is so annoying. if she walks into a room and sees me reading a maxim or stuff or fhm, she gets upset like she just walked in on me in bed with the covergirl. and these magazines are not just about half-naked women, but men's interests in general such as movies, video games, sports, cars, gadgets and other shiny things.

1. how many of you guys have this problem?
2. how many girls think it is fine to enjoy materials like this so long as you are still faithful to them?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:59 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds like your fubar'ed
Old 12-12-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea mine used to do that. we have been dating for over 2 years. anyway just keep doing it and do it back and see how she likes it. it'll get old and she'll realize its immature
Old 12-12-2006, 03:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Do you let her know how you feel about her often? Do you think it's often enough?

She is most likely just insecure, or (I don't know her history) was cheated on before?
Old 12-12-2006, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha wait until you have the '****' talk.

My wife was anti me having anything with another chick on it including **** from day one and I quit getting it (I remember the day I tossed all my **** vids and rags... sniffle)

gotta find out if she is worth it or not for you.. i had another girl when I was younger try and pull the same crap and I just laughed at her because I was way too young for the ball and chain back then.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

um if you know that she hates it . don't do it. wow. that wasn't hard.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

she has never been cheated on, and i tell her i love her everytime she says she loves me, and i say it first atleast once a day. i regularly make cat calls and such at her when i see her. like whistle when she bends over to pick something up, or is wearing a nice outfit, or when she dye's her hair or changes eye contact colors.

on another note, i never have a problem when she is swooning over orlando bloom or johnny depp. i admit both of them are far better looking then i'll ever be, but i trust she would never cheat on me and expect the same amount of trust and respect from her.

you want irony, once she invited me to watch girls gone wild with her friend, and then she covered my eyes and muted the tv.

one time i was reading maxim, and she came and grabbed the magazine and rolled it up and said "oh, theirs a bug in the other room, i need something to swat it with!" it was cute, but got very annoying when the joke was over and she wouldn't give it back.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

are u saying you love her just cause you feel like you have to ? you make it seem like a chore.

maybe you don't deserve a girl.

yeah she's going overboard but would you rather be alone and just ******* to the magazines? or be in love with a girl who obviously is nuts over you and get to actually have real sex with her?

hmmmm.

grow up a lil bit man .

trust she doesnt think you're going to cheat on her with magazine chicks. she knows if u had the chance as much as you may sasy you wouldn't you would.

she is probably a feminist and probably getting ____ed cause you seem to actively go out and get autographs , read magazines and such of other women.

show her some time and if you don;t actualyl love her. DON'T say that you do ,.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by draxcaliber

on another note, i never have a problem when she is swooning over orlando bloom or johnny depp. i admit both of them are far better looking then i'll ever be, but i trust she would never cheat on me and expect the same amount of trust and respect from her.
then you you just totally eye screwed them.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

youre nuts belong to her. seriously leave the relationship NOW. id hate to see you become miserable down the line. or just start _____ing at her about anything that has to with a guy that isnt you lol.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, actually, i think she likes the whole jealous possessive bf. but i'm not like that.
i barely consider myself qualified to operate my own life, but i look at us as individuals. i don't run her life, she shouldn't run mine. we are a serious couple, but still a couple as in two sentient individuals. the problem is drawing the line, is reading super street, which is loaded fan service and ads featuring beautiful import models wrong? i'm reading it for tech articles, car features and ideas for my own car? she worries when i hang out with friends who are girls. go to study groups that have girls in them. i have never done anything warrent mistrust. also, when she wants to go out, all i want to know is when she'll get back so i won't worry until she is late and wonder if she is okay.
i explained it to her, that i love her, she is beautiful, but no matter what, i will never stop being attracted to other women, but i'm not going to cheat on her. there is no man or woman out there who only finds one person in the whole wide world attractive.
i even quoted some ron white material "once you've seen one woman naked, you want to see the rest of them naked!" maybe i should just take another page out of his book "diamonds; that'll shut her up!" lol.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A)Take her to mexico and beat her.
B)Stick it in her pooper.
C)Do a barrel roll.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Sushi
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

It's a very slippery slope. . .

Some of her feelings have validity, although it is a bit extreme.

It all has to do with insecurity. She doesn't feel secure enough in the relationship to fully trust you, and whether or not that is your fault or hers, I have no idea. Being that she is insecure, it doesn't help to foster those feelings. How you go about your business can greatly affect the outcome. For instance, if you see a hot girl and say, "whoah, she's hot!" Of course you will make her uncomfortable and/or upset. And if you turn and stare? Even worse.

Ideally, if you care about her, you will understand her insecurity and help her cope with it (and do whatever it takes to make that insecurity go away). But on your side of things, it is a bit unfair. What if you have to work closely with a female coworker? What then? Can you imagine the jealousy, accusations, and what the general chaos that could cause? What if another girl hits on you (and it is out of your control)?

I've seen many relationships destroyed, just because one person was insecure enough to IMAGINE that the other person was cheating. And then I've seen guys shady enough to cheat. . . which caused the insecurity. And then I've seen guys who were totally honest and never cheated, but always blabbed about hot babes and looked at other chicks. . . and the outcome was that when he got drunk with his buddies, she though he cheated on him.

A slippery slope. . . and something I can really give advice on without really meeting you or her and/or knowing more about the situation. It's something you will have to evaluate for yourself.

Me? I have zero tolerance with insecurity. I hate it, can't stand it, and it always causes problems. Insecurity sourced problems cloud the real relationship and make it difficult to judge whether or not there are real personality/match problems. And I do my best to make sure that I don't cause insecurity. Sometimes I slip up, but I take it just as seriously.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by djct_watt
It's a very slippery slope. . .
Psssh, my slopes cemented and I say drop her to the floor like food with hair on it.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Awe man, I know what you mean about the Depp and Bloom crap.

My girlfriend won't get upset about me liking certain celebrities, but she hates when I look at ****.

It's just not fair! A guy looking at **** is like second nature. I mean it's natural for a guy to do it right? I'm not trying to replace her or anything.

When we first started dating we were very jealous with each other, but it's been two years now and we've gotten past that. You just have to remember, if so and so is dumb enough to cheat on you or have an affair, then so and so doesn't deserve you.

It really is unhealthy to be in a relationship like that though, so it's good to make it an issue to work and improve on.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

[quote="S1lent"]A)Take her to mexico and beat her.quote]

man, you know how embarrissing it would be for me to get my a$$ kicked by a puerto rican girl a foot shorter than me and half my weight? lol

with my luck, she would break my left leg so i can't drive my beloved tc anymore.

anyway, its not like i'm looking at maxim and going "hey baby, check out the jugs on that one!" i tend to read the funny stories and jokes out loud to her, but i never say "i wish you looked more like this"
Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey dude, I get Maxim, FHM, and Stuff in the mail, but I hide them in my bathroom.

:D
Old 12-12-2006, 05:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

but i never say "i wish you looked more like this"
Maybe you should start?
Old 12-12-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by S1lent
but i never say "i wish you looked more like this"
Maybe you should start?
Yeah and right after he can start digging his grave.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, i wanna live to fulfill my dream of turbocharging my car!

i'm just not one of those guys who reads in the bathroom. i do my bussiness, wash my hands.

maybe i should plant some playboys in her room and turn the tables...

Quick Reply: obsessive compulsive girlfriends