Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

OFFICIAL MMA FIGHT THREAD!

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 09:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OFFICIAL MMA FIGHT THREAD!

I went through a few pages to make sure this hasnt been done. SOOOOOO

This is the official MMA thread talking about UFC, WEC fights. (since these are the main 2 that are on tv, but feel free to post about king of the cage and stuff). Talk about fights coming up, predictions, and fight results.

To start this thread off.....
I watched the UFC fight last night. It was like the ultimate fighter finally. First fight i gave it to Junie. I dont like him at all but hes a good fighter and when i saw him fight he looked even better! I guess training at coutures gym helped him out a lot.
umm the match between Nover and Escudero i gave to Nover. I thought he was extremely well rounded and was an amazing fighter but Escudero controlled the fight well.
Bader and Magalhaes i gave to Magalhaes. I didn't like either one but i thought with Magalhaes better striking and world class BJJ could take it. But didn't see much. I thought Bader was just a good wrestler and needed a lot of stand up training. But he did good.

Who saw that awesome knockout kick Johnson threw at Burns!!

Cant wait for UFC 92! I got my boy jackson even though i though he did poor fighting Griffin. I think Minotauro will take Mir. Not sure on Griffin and Evans though cuse i haven't had the chance to see Evans fight. But did see him lay out Ladell!
Old 12-16-2008, 08:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Johnson is a stud. It's a shame Burns got that first victory against him because he poked him in the eye three times and Johnson couldn't continue. Seeing the retribution was good.

I can't believe UFC 92 is not getting hyped more. It could well be the best MMA card ever in America. I'm going with Nog, Rampage, and I can't call Evans/Griffin. I don't even have a favorite. Evans and Griffin are both pretty awesome.

Lastly, did you catch the last Miguel Torres fight? I wish that dude could gain like 50 pounds, because I think he'd smack around Anderson Silva if they were the same weight.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah i know but the reason he kept poking him in the eye was because he messed up his hand and he had to fight open hand. It was still a good fight though

Yeah i think it could be one of the great cards. The evans vs griffin fight is gonna be awesome. I've heard the evans is a amazing fighter and when you mix that wwith a guy that can take soooo sooo much pain and punishment, its gonna end up as a great fight.

No i missed the Torres fight. When was that? The reason hes dominating is because hes so frikin huge! Hes got at least a 7 inch reach advantage on everyone. So if he went up a weight class he be put to the test. But i don't think he will. Hes prolly that skiny cuse he cant gain any weight lol

Im really waiting for another Urijah Faber fight!!!!!!! Hes my boy and i cant wait to see him get back his belt.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Evans will win, I don't think Griffin will even have a chance.

So, how bout that big mother f'er, Brock Lesnar?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Kvizzel
Evans will win, I don't think Griffin will even have a chance.

So, how bout that big mother f'er, Brock Lesnar?
One of my new favorite fighters now. His training is unbelievable, hes fast as hell, all American wrestler, and his hands are like lunch boxes. I think people underestimated him at first. I don't think he should have got a title shot that fast sbut he deffinetly deserved it against couture.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

UFC 92...heres my predictions.

Evans is gonna KO Griffin
Noguiera(sp?) is gonna submit Mir
Silva is gonna KO Rampage....for a 3rd time

first time was in 2003 at Pride Final Conflict, and i think this was the 2nd time at Pride 28

and im sorry to all my fellow Hawaii peeps...in january, BJ Penn will get owned my GSP
Old 12-17-2008, 06:43 AM
SL Member

video

http://withleather.uproxx.com/?p=12767
Old 12-17-2008, 07:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by FatBoyTrucker

first time was in 2003 at Pride Final Conflict, and i think this was the 2nd time at Pride 28

and im sorry to all my fellow Hawaii peeps...in january, BJ Penn will get owned my GSP
I didnt know silva took rampage twice? Not sure about the st. piere fight. I saw the last one and its pretty even with striking but everyone knows penns got the bjj down on him so it will be another great fight.

Holly shiiittt I head about that but didnt see it!! Thats awesome!!!
Old 12-17-2008, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Big Nog is a monster but mir is probably the only heavyweight on his level with ju jitsu
Griffin will win in a decision
rampage is gonna get ktfo

I want penn to win in january but st. pierre is a monster
Old 12-18-2008, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I'm one of the boxing converts they talk about, started watching mma when I saw the Griffin-Bonner fight live on Spike. So I also didn't know Nog beat Rampage. Twice. We'll see how training in England has improved (or hurt) Quentin's game.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

wow, just wow.. you have to be one of the worst MMA fans ever...

evans is gonna KO griffin?? you honestly think griffin will stand with him?

next noguiera is gonna submit Frank Mir???? Black Belt never tapped frank mir? ok.

silva can and may knock out rampage but rampage has a lot to loose on this fight he will be going all out.

and BJ LOSING TO GSP... im calling out your Fan Hood Mang... all i can say is

DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF???????
Old 12-18-2008, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09

wow, just wow.. you have to be one of the worst MMA fans ever...

evans is gonna KO griffin?? you honestly think griffin will stand with him?

next noguiera is gonna submit Frank Mir???? Black Belt never tapped frank mir? ok.

silva can and may knock out rampage but rampage has a lot to loose on this fight he will be going all out.

and BJ LOSING TO GSP... im calling out your Fan Hood Mang... all i can say is

DOUBLE YOU TEE EFF???????
ugh! ok ok....now that i really think about it, this is how i think itll really go will i think griffin will stand with evans? yes! but griffin has got to push the pace from the start of the match. thats the only way, i think, he can get a decision over evans. griffin lacks knockout power & evans is a superior wrestler. so if griffin cant get a ref stoppage, if he keeps the heat on evans & controls the fight, he can get a split.

now for noguiera & mir. youre right, they both have world class BJJ skills. mir tapping is just wishful thinking. and neither of them will be able to catch the other in a submission & i dont think this this fight will be over by submission, i say itll go to the judges. neither of them, imo, has the knockout power & noguieras stand up is a little better. mir has got to watch that jab & try to counter with his own combos, if not, split win for noguiera.

silva & rampage. if rampage can stay on the outside using quick jabs, combos & succsessfully take silva down & control the ground game, he can pull out a victory. if he gets big headed & thinks he can bang with silva, hes wrong. silva will just work his way in, get him in the clinch & do some damage. thats how he KOed rampage in the 1st & 2nd fight. it was all clinch & some crazy knees

Old 12-18-2008, 05:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

All I can reasonably predict about Griffin/Evans is that it will be fight of the night. Griffin is a great at fighting forward. Evans excels at fighting backwards. Striker vs. counter striker. It's the same reason why people were excited about the female fight between Carano and Christiane. Gina picks people apart when they go after her, and Cyborg is just a beast on the attack.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

fatboytrucker.. there now thats a better!!

but you didnt address the Bj GSP fight? after the last fight gsp was in the ambulance and he didnt know where he was or what happened?.. a lot of people feel bj won that fight.. and he wasnt no where near as focused as he is now.

a focued bj penn is the top pound for pound fighter in the world along with anderson silva now.

hands down....
Old 12-18-2008, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

p.s. - my location is Honolulu, HI. im from Big Island Hilo and used to do jiu jitsu at bjs academy 6 years ago.. damn.. ive been in the navy too long.....
Old 12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Does anyone know a good website to watch the next ufc fight after its over for free. Last time they had a lesnar vs couture website just for the fight and had a free video of the fight so i watched it off that.
Sorry but i aint payin 40 somethin bucks to watch a fight lol
Old 12-19-2008, 01:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by java09
p.s. - my location is Honolulu, HI. im from Big Island Hilo and used to do jiu jitsu at bjs academy 6 years ago.. damn.. ive been in the navy too long.....
Wow that must have been awesome.My mma gym had a dan henderson seminar where you could train with him and stuff..... Too bad they were charging like 100 a day
Old 12-19-2008, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

jdubb, just about every Hooter's carries the fights, but you need to be there like 1-2 hours early to get a seat. Well worth it... get the eating out of the way, have a few primer shots and beers, and then start drinking when the fights start. If not, check out mmatko.com, or .org, or .net. They usually post some fights up afterwards.

java... I think a focused BJ Penn is definitely better than GSP, but remember we haven't seen a truly focused GSP yet either. Serra woke him up, but he's still tentative. That might kill him against Penn, who'll pounce on every mistake. But pound for pound, I'd argue Miguel Torres is the best mma fighter out there... even better than Silva.
Old 12-19-2008, 05:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hear about the UFC fighter that was shot and killed? Nigual something?
Old 12-19-2008, 07:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 13edge
jdubb, just about every Hooter's carries the fights, but you need to be there like 1-2 hours early to get a seat. Well worth it... get the eating out of the way, have a few primer shots and beers, and then start drinking when the fights start. If not, check out mmatko.com, or .org, or .net. They usually post some fights up afterwards.

java... I think a focused BJ Penn is definitely better than GSP, but remember we haven't seen a truly focused GSP yet either. Serra woke him up, but he's still tentative. That might kill him against Penn, who'll pounce on every mistake. But pound for pound, I'd argue Miguel Torres is the best mma fighter out there... even better than Silva.
mmmm wing house is the place for meee. :D

I honestly think penn will take it. I think he needs to explode more in the GSP fight though. I think hell do that though since hes stepping up hos conditioning.

Quick Reply: OFFICIAL MMA FIGHT THREAD!