Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Ok I need to get this off my chest.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 06:32 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I came to ScionLife over a year ago since I was looking to make the most of my tC purchase. I came here not knowing a thing about modding cars and have watched many threads and asked tons of questions to ZPI, ex-ZPI employees, ZPI customers who seem very knowledgable on the forum, Dezod, Dezod customers who seem very knowledgable, and other various resident experts. I'm with Garage1217 on this. "I personally back anyone that gives great personal service." I also agree that it is very immature and counterproductive to someone like me, who for the first time comes on ScionLife looking for an honest, educated, and unbiased opinion. I managed to wade through all of that muck and mire and make very informed decisions with my vehicle and ended up purchasing many parts from both companies amongst others. The problem is not Dezod's or ZPI's becasue both companies have put long hours into developing innovative and quality parts for Scion owners as well as taking the time to come onto the forum to answer questions and provide the less informed/educated with the knowledge it takes to make the right decision when modding their Scion. They are pillars of the Scion community and if you ask them, they are more concerned with getting more turboed tCs on the street than they are with Dezod vs. ZPI. The immaturity needs to stop for the sake of the forums and both Dezod and ZPI need to be left out of these childish debates. If you want to bash someone and talk about who is better, go onto the other forums (ie Honda, Acura, etc.) and represent Scion and tell them how your ZPI or Dezod kit or whichever kit you might have, will put their car to shame. We all drive Scions so we're all in this together.

In conclusion, all that needs to be said is respect both companies for what they bring to the community and do your part as a member of this community to ensure that threads stay on topic and that the ignorant/immature minority are dwarfed by those of us who wish to see these forums excel.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive never purchased anything from zpi, but thats just because of what ive read/seen on this forum along time ago when they did their turbo kit preorders and had issues coming up for it. i would like to be a customer someday when their "shipping issues" is fixed.

i think zpi is a great company with alot of things to improve upon.

i think dezod is also is a great company with alot of things to offer the community.

^^ both companies have innovative things to offer but its the little itsy bit of details that are taken out of context and exaggerated that ruins it for everybody.

why cant we all just get along ?
Old 11-16-2006, 06:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by HighlanderMac
This is absolutely rediculous. I cant type much at the moment because I am on my cell, but first off... Peteyd get your panties out of their bunch. This is a forum and you just have to live with it. There are just as many people on ZPIs jock. I can specifically remember rythm going and jacking on ZPIs nuts. It's just the way it is, and if you wanna cry about then cry about it.
I am sure you are all ____ed cause of what I am saying, but live with it.

Hold the gravy train chief. I NEVER EVER come into peoples threads with an agenda to say "HEY BUY ZPI". Don't dare compare me to the OFF-topic taking Dezod customers. I don't start stuff, I finish it.

I believe you have truly missed what Pete is saying. I will recommend based on performance of the product, and answer specific questions. Here lately, a select few of the Dezod supporters start FIRST by bashing on ZPI, then follow up with Dezod is great. That is NOT what I do.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I don't care what anybody orders - just don't order ScionSpeed.

It is one of very few legitimately bad companies mentioned on this web site.

I guess my point is - it's important that everybody knows who really is bad... the rest is just drama and it won't go away. It's Caribou Coffee vs. Starbucks. Apple vs. Microsoft. GM vs Toyota. It will never go away. I will support the companies that ride MY nuts (meaning supporting me, the customer)... you know who you all are.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Streeter
I don't care what anybody orders - just don't order ScionSpeed.

It is one of very few legitimately bad companies mentioned on this web site.

I concur, the KEY WORD ladies and gentelmen is.....LEGITIMATE!

Read websters dictionary for definition.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

It's like this, the ONLY ammo they ever use is about Shipping. To which ZPI owns up to it. They don't deny it. THAT IS THE ONLY ammo they ever have to shoot. I mean, how soon would I just be called a "cheerleader" if I came into a customer who purchased Dezod or any other turbo manufacture and started bashing them and talking about how ZPI smokes everyone on SL, and I was just arrogant about it. Eventually it would get old, hence the creation of this thread. It's gotten old!

What if I started coming into threads of people who bought a Dezod kit, and started bashing saying...."Why did you buy a kit from them? They don't know squat about turbos! I wouldn't trust someone who works at Best Buy to build me a turbo kit vs people who make their living at building turbo kits". I'm sure I would get a lot of hate for saying something like that, to which those that have been bashing on ZPI are along these lines of bashing. I'm bigger than that though, so I don't, and neither do any of the other ZPI customers, Turbonetics customers, WD cutomers...etc.

PS....strickly an example of the level of maturity that goes on in the F/I section.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Old 11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You got a company who has a shop but orders all of their parts from other manufacturers anyway
You are obviously confused with what we mean by manufacturers. The parts that we sell as our own, are in fact either A) ours, developed by us, tested by us, MADE BY ZPI. or B) Private Labeled. Which is used by millions of companies all over the world.

When I speak of us "waiting on our manufactuers" I am speaking of people who bend our pipes, or people who produce our crank pulleys, or the company that mechanically welds our manifolds. Those are all manufacturers. There is not one company on SL that does not use other manufacturers. Each company would have to have a multi-hundred-million dollar facility with CNC machines, robotic tig welders, mandrel benders, etc in house to truly make all of their own parts.

Having "a shop" doesn't mean that you make everything yourself, having "a shop" means that this is ALL WE DO. Everyday, all we do is work on Scions. Hence why it ____es us off when the Scion Community is so bickery (is that a word?) our entire shop is designed and dedicated to the Scion Community. (And now moving on to new platforms now that we've built our Scion line.)

Bottom line, you're the consumer. Buy what you want from who you want. I think the whole point being made here is, if you don't like another company, keep it to yourself unless you have a legitimate reason to hate. The thread hijacking on this board is insane.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok here's my deal. IAmTheProdigy brings the most valid point. I have nothing against Dezod. end of story. ZPI has done quite a bit for me. if you want to know what was done or anything you can call kenny/keisha and ask them or you can search the peteyd saga. When I busted my axle, we werent sure wat it was because A i was broke n didnt have money to fix it and B i didnt have money at the time to get it looked at. I approached Dezod when it happend because knew they had done the same thing with thier tC and was seeking some advice but thy chose to question me about the kit etc blah blah blah and didnt really help so I left dezod alone after that. This was not made to be a bashing thread, but Im just tired or seein thread after thread after thread where somone asks a question about something and it gets referrd to another company. if someone asks a question about a speicfic product from a speicific company DONT SEND THEM TO SOMEONE ELSE! they want that product they are considering purchasing it thats why they are asking! take the 07 turbo kits, a guy awhile back asked when ZPI will be releasing thiers and nothing else pretty simple question. It was answerd, next reply or 2 after someone says go buy dezod thiers is avaliable already! THATS NOT NEEDED! But unfortunatly it tends to be Dezod customers that do it. which is why i said dezod.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:04 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke

What if I started coming into threads of people who bought a Dezod kit, and started bashing saying...."Why did you buy a kit from them? They don't know squat about turbos! I wouldn't trust someone who works at Best Buy to build me a turbo kit vs people who make their living at building turbo kits".
Just for the record:

Joe working at Best Buy and being a Dezod Sales Associate part time have no merit on anything involving the quality, function, form, or performance of our products, goods and services. We have endless testing, dynos, 1/4 mile times, daily driving data logs, tracking numbers and testimonials to prove the merit of our products. Simple as that.

Continue.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:08 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by peteyd
...........they want that product they are considering purchasing it thats why they are asking! take the 07 turbo kits, a guy awhile back asked when ZPI will be releasing thiers and nothing else pretty simple question. It was answerd, next reply or 2 after someone says go buy dezod thiers is avaliable already! THATS NOT NEEDED! But unfortunatly it tends to be Dezod customers that do it. which is why i said dezod.
Well that is just the same as saying a racist remark about your neighbor and labeling everyone of that ethnic heritage the same way because of that one person's behavior. That is plain, outright IGNORANT if you ask me.

Originally Posted by Webster's Dictionary

ig·no·rant

ADJECTIVE:

1. Lacking education or knowledge.
2. Showing or arising from a lack of education or knowledge: an ignorant mistake.
3. Unaware or uninformed.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

want some cheese with that wine?

i believe everyones ientitled to an opinion. zpi makes a very high HP kit, but im still skeptical. sue me
Old 11-16-2006, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team No Limitz
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Thank God I drive an Acura now
Old 11-16-2006, 07:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

acura TSX? i got broadsided at 60 by a talon, thing held up like a champ, if we woulda been in my xB my friend would have definately died. VERY well built car, i want another one.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciontuner
want some cheese with that wine?

i believe everyones ientitled to an opinion. zpi makes a very high HP kit, but im still skeptical. sue me
And there is nothing wrong with your or any one elses's opinion of a company.... but when it brings the thread off Topic and has nothing to do with that Topic or bashes that company... it is not needed... They have a Forum for that it's called Retail Experince....
Old 11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Simplyscion
Thank God I drive an Acura now
which is pat of the reason i drive a differnt car now.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

ya, it seems liek the zpi guys are decent people. there were alot of hiccups, it happens, why is this still being discussed. we all have our opinions and leave it at that
Old 11-16-2006, 07:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you drive a diff. car because of drama on Scion Life, you have issues.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 318_tC
If you drive a diff. car because of drama on Scion Life, you have issues.
no thats not the reason. But it helped push me towards my decision, the Scion community here in HOUSTON and texas for that matter blows! I needed a new car be cause of family reasons and i could no longer afford to play. as we say you gotta pay to play and i couldnt pay anymore.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

^ lmao....for real... you get so heated online you cant drive your car in the real world.

Quick Reply: Ok I need to get this off my chest.