Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

OMG! I LIVE IN A CUBE!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default OMG! I LIVE IN A CUBE!

Usually I only get to come on here when I get bored at work. I was in sales for a little over two years so I was walking around, talking to strangers, ******* out cars and acting like a jerk with the boys. Well, I decided back in October that it would be a good move for me to switch to accounting. SO I do DMV paper work from 8-5 Monday -Friday. I sit in a cube. I process the dealer trades, post invoices, rearrange my desk SEVERAL times a day. Make odd collages with post-its that people leave me. All of the women in my office have been doing this forEVER and the only people I talk to all day are 40-70 year old women. I'm going crazy! I'm so bored I'm considering taking up a hobby, but I'm not sure what. I get all of my work done by 11 am and then I just sit here and do nothing....

thought I'd share.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Carve soap like prisoners do. Then sell them on ebay.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

What kind of computer do you have there? Install photoshop or a 3d modeling program or something. Bring in a laptop.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow, great story, I had a similar revalation about work in October last year also. You, know acting like a jerk part. Good luck to you out there. I got a new thing that is working out great now.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I swear, there is a surf block on EVERYTHING! I can't even post pictures. Its ridiculous. I can only get on this website because it includes the words Scion and Toyota. Seriously. I read the news so many times a day its sick. I take pictures of random things and send them to my friends (via phone of course) and I try to carry on conversations through texting, but I guess everyone else has better things to do. I'll think about the soap though.. I do need to make it look like it pretains to work or I'll get in trouble... OOOOOOOOOO
Old 03-21-2008, 06:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I am in the same boat. (or cube). I use to work as a manager of a retail bank, but left that because the company I was with was going belly up. Now I work in a cubicle all day. The beginning of the week is not so bad because there are usually allot of work. But by mid week I'm bored out of my mind. In fact, today, I've done about maybe 30 mins of work and have been doing nothing else for the rest of the day. My afternoon doesn't look to be to different. But I bring a laptop to work. I don't want to browse the internet on my desktop because I wouldn't want the company to think I have too much free time on my hands.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We've got some characters, but we're supposed to stay quiet like we're in a library or something. There's one old lady that talks bad about EVERYONE and she has the walking farts a lot. There's another lady that they keep moving and taking her desk away and all I can think of is Milton on Office Space. Her stapler was missing for one day last week and she just kept walking around asking if anyone had seen her stapler. She doesn't have a desk anymore. She sits next to the mail metering machine and has to face the office manager. They hired a really cool chick that I was getting along really well with.... well, she's been here 2 weeks and she's quiting already. There's a lady that had a gastro-bipass that hands out candy and Lay's potato chips and refers to them as hash brown. Then there's an anorexic Italian woman from NYC that's in her 50's dyed black hair and she um, has a drinking problem, I THINK. She gets the shakes a lot.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 more hours... WHAT AM I GOING TO DO NOW!?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol interesting work stories! sounds like my old job!!! I like the photoshop idea though cause Photoshop is fun and verrrry time consuming
Old 03-21-2008, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I would LOVE to have photoshop on my computer. Unfortuntely for me I don't have a lap top and even if I did I wouldn't be allowed to bring it in. Some people have done it before and the GM didn't like it... I wish I could show you guys my crazy "art" projects, but I can't... GR.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by no-tec
What kind of computer do you have there? Install photoshop or a 3d modeling program or something. Bring in a laptop.
I agree. Install Pro/e Wildfire 2 and I'll send you a boat load of work you can do for me. I have too much to do as is.

Or, you could look up how to set up a home proxy and route your internet through there. Your IT department would never know what you are looking at.

I won't explain how to do it though as I don't want to encourage bad work behavior. Kind of ironic how I'm sitting at work typing this though huh.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2 hours? I have 4 and a half hours to go!!!! Worst of all, my boss gets moody from time to time. Sigh....
Old 03-21-2008, 07:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my boss used to treat us all like idiots... SO I said something. Now she leaves us alone. She took her first day off in EIGHT YEARS yesterday. She didn't even call! Awsome, huh? I just added some pictures to my profile... but for some reason I can't get my default pic to change. SO How would I psych the computer into going to blocked websites and elude the IT guys?
Old 03-21-2008, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm SOOOO confused. I deleted that B&W pic because I couldn't get it to change and then I changed it... and its still there.... and there's no new picture.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by shoultesy
my boss used to treat us all like idiots... SO I said something. Now she leaves us alone. She took her first day off in EIGHT YEARS yesterday. She didn't even call! Awsome, huh? I just added some pictures to my profile... but for some reason I can't get my default pic to change. SO How would I psych the computer into going to blocked websites and elude the IT guys?
If you have a crappy IT department, try:

www.kproxy.com
Old 03-21-2008, 08:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guess what I just did? I rearranged my entire cube AND another person's cube. And dusted... it was fun.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well I just came out of a meeting that had nothing to do with me or my job (but I was required to go) and I was barely able to keep my eyes open. Is it 5 yet? (Pacific Time)
Old 03-22-2008, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats how my old job used to be. I quit cause i started to find too much in common with Milton. Someone even stole my stapler.

Old 03-22-2008, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

make the older women you work with think they are going crazy. say odd things to them in the middle of a sentence and act like you never said it. here is an example, Hi how was your day ? Good, I was thinking about killing you. What time is it right now? when they say what did you say? I asked you What time is it right now.. are you ok you have a strange look on your face.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

wish I got paid to sit down. in a 9-5 , oh I would love it.

Quick Reply: OMG! I LIVE IN A CUBE!