Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

PLEASE Find Us a Wii! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

congrats on finding one!!
Old 11-21-2006, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sweet glad you found one, it seems to be the best deal all around!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Darn tootin! All of the ones at the Costcos around here were released yesterday and sold out. Only Puyallup & Tukwila had them this morning and I missed the boat on them. Oh well...next time.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I fail to understand the halfway-psychotic obsession-to-obtain that comes with the next-gen console releases. >..>
Old 11-21-2006, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

they want to be ahead of the "jones's"
Old 11-21-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Thanks... I worked hard for it, lol! I decided to ditch Legend of Zelda in the closet and give it to the boys for Christmas.

mattvs... surely there is many things in your life that I'd fail to understand as well, eh?

1) More than anything, I love to see my husband and three boys happy and ecstatic. Especially if I can have a hand in making it happen. It's not even a parent thing, I believe.

2) The thrill of the hunt.

3) And the system is AMAZING! Wow, the controller things are unbelievable!
Old 11-21-2006, 07:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Yeah Jenna/Matt/Kekai...I could really care less if I have the systems now or next year. It would have been fun to people who would over pay on eBay. But I also have brothers who are equally as excited about their release. Its their excitement that I want to see on xmas day. Its not keeping up with the Jones', its purely kids who want to play games. If I wanted to keep up with the Jones' a game console wouldn't do it...a hybrid dog (Labradoodle-ish), 5bd/4car garage house, kids in private school, and a housekeeper are more of ways to keep up on that end. I just wanted my brothers to have a wonderful holiday because they have so much fun playing their friend's systems.

Also, my family is hardcore on camping out for fun. We camped out for Star Wars. We camped out to tryout for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". We camped out to have Martha Stewart sign our cookbooks. We camped out for concert tickets. We camped out for "Black Friday" after-Thanksgiving day tchochkies. Its fun and wonderful to meet such like-minded people and its truly an experience. I look forward to always camping out for things that I enjoy.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by mocascion
Also, my family is hardcore on camping out for fun. We camped out for Star Wars. We camped out to tryout for "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire". We camped out to have Martha Stewart sign our cookbooks. We camped out for concert tickets. We camped out for "Black Friday" after-Thanksgiving day tchochkies. Its fun and wonderful to meet such like-minded people and its truly an experience. I look forward to always camping out for things that I enjoy.
You know what, I totally would of had a MUCH better time if one of my family members could of waited there with me. That and brining a better blanket, my laptop and a chair, lol. Fortunately, I only had to stand in line for two hours as it was only me and another lady for the longest time at first and we decided to stay in our cars and keep warm, lol.

But doing the camping out thing, over night, would actually be fun if we brought the right stuff. Sure beats camp ground fees, lol.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

eh... i have no issues... i've done my share of waiting inline early for things, and what not....

i was just posting a possible answer to ones question

i've camped out overnight for M's play off tickets only to miss the cut off by 4-5 people... camped out for movie premiers and numerous other things that others would sit there and ask "why?"
Old 11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

It's all for the love!!! I'm sad that so many gamers were unable to get PS3 systems due to scalpers just like they do to concerts/games. At least the Wii wasn't hit as hard. Definitely heading into a sad territory. I'm glad that scalpers didn't get to Star Wars premiers...that would've really ruined the energy!

I knew you weren't talking to me...sorry...things are a little raw right now with everything else that's going on. Please forgive me if I was short.

And Jenna...next time invite me! We'll have a blast. I've got the camping out in line thing down to a science!!! Its so much fun. Bringing things like board games, conversation starters, and snacks are always good ice breakers with the others in line.

My favorite campout had to be when my whole family waited all night at the Costco in Issaquah to meet President Clinton. The fact is, we were in the first 50 and he shook every one of our hands. So fun!!!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Shaking Clinton's hand, that's cool!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i Camped out overnight. didn't have a chair but the people there were really nice and brought me one, then i had my laptop movies and ALOT of blankets so me and the people next to me watched movies till teh laptop went dead so i ran home to get my power cord and extinstion cord while they saved my spot and pretty much watched movies till it started raning, then i had no umbrala
Old 11-21-2006, 09:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

ouch... that sux.... did you end up with one tho?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Camie... I so wish I was half as prepared as you were. I just sat in my car, stewing over not remembering my laptop with wireless broadband or at least my book. I was left to the repeat of Howard Stern that I had just-just heard and my radio scanner, lol.

Now I can't find me some extra controlers. Ugh. I need to read up on how to use the DS things... we got two of them.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yesh i so got one! number 18 out of 42, and i got zelda! no extra stuff though didn't need it since i'm the only one that plays it and i have no family members besides my parents, so it's all mine! mwuahahahahaha
Old 11-21-2006, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

lol
Old 11-22-2006, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDZGYqquSr0