Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Recent movies!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
Former Sponsor
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Recent movies!

What recent movies do you want to see or have seen?
Old 02-04-2008, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

I saw meet the spartans I thought it was funny, dumb but funny ha ha ha
Old 02-04-2008, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I really liked "The Last King of Scotland", "He Was a Quiet Man", and "King of California". My girlfriend and I rented them this weekend along with "Mr. Woodcock" and "Wedding Daze" (the movie actually has two other titles..."The Next Girl I See" and "The Pleasure of Your Company"). I wasn't impressed by either of those.

"The Last King of Scotland" is a great film from beginning to end. "He Was a Quiet Man" basically gives you an idea of what Milton Waddams' (character from "Office Space") mind was comprised of (the beginning of the film anyway). "King of California" is an awesome film about a father's relationship after a 2 year stint in a mental institution. If you want to see Billy Bob Thornton act as well as a Ken doll then rent "Mr Woodcock". The only reason to watch "Wedding Daze" is to watch Isla Fisher being cute and goofy.

Originally Posted by racerXa
I saw meet the spartans I thought it was funny, dumb but funny ha ha ha
I wouldn't waste my time with "Meet the Spartans". First, the movie was too damn short, yet felt agonizingly long. Second, the real funny skits/one liners were during the credits! I don't recommend anyone going to theaters like I did to see "Meet the Spartans", but rather wait for it to come out on DVD if you feel the need to watch it.
Old 02-06-2008, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team XcelsiA
SL Member

well when you go see a spoof of other movies you know its going to be dumb, so if you want to watch a blockbuster movie this is not it..

but if you like movies like "date movie" or "hot shots" you might like this one..
Old 02-06-2008, 05:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One
SL Member

I didn't say anything about it being dumb...not one instance...you did.

I watched "Reign Over Me" last night and I was impressed by it's delivery. The two main male characters were college roommates and happen to cross paths many years after graduation. One has become real successful, while the other is disheveled and out of touch with reality. The movie progresses to show how they strengthen their friendship. The ending could have been better, but left me feeling satisfied. Great film for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
Old 02-15-2008, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just picked up and watched "We Own The Night" last night. It's about two brothers on opposite sides of the law. one's a club owner; the other a cop. They've become distant. But then the cop cracks down on his brothers club because theres some drug dealing going on. So then the club owner has to choose a side. pretty good movie. i recommend watching it if you liked movies like "The Departed" "Infernal Affair" "The goodfellas" "Donnie Brasco".