Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scion community

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Scion community

Before owning a scion was cool, cuz we were very limited. Now too many poeple are buying scions and there are no more thumbs up or any sort of gesture from other scion drivers when i drive by them. It feels as if we're dying down, that's just my opinion. I mean i went to a barns and nobles bookstore parking lot, and i saw 3 scion tCs and yesterday i saw 2 more , but no one waved, or thumbs up, from now on my gesture is going to nothing at all. Anyone else feel the way I do about our scoiety dying down?

--I will flash my high beams--
Old 10-17-2005, 06:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can't really answer your question because i just got a new scion...to be honest, before i bought the tC i never saw any around...but once i bought it, there everywhere...whenever i'm driving i'd always point out the other tc driving/parked near me...and one day my gf told me that she saw more than 5 tC's in 1 level of a parking structure at her school...

Old 10-17-2005, 06:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it's not dying down, just yuppies buying them.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion community

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING
Before owning a scion was cool, cuz we were very limited. Now too many poeple are buying scions and there are no more thumbs up or any sort of gesture from other scion drivers when i drive by them. It feels as if we're dying down, that's just my opinion. I mean i went to a barns and nobles bookstore parking lot, and i saw 3 scion tCs and yesterday i saw 2 more , but no one waved, or thumbs up, from now on my gesture is going to nothing at all. Anyone else feel the way I do about our scoiety dying down?

nawwwww its just you, everyone here hates you LOL. no ive noticed alot of people in fresno with scion's but most are either stuck up girls or old people, and both get all paraniod if your looking at them, especially if your waving.........drive down my street, ill wave at you if it makes you feel better...... LOL
Old 10-17-2005, 07:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

guy in a tC waved at me the other day.. but he was going so quick i didn't have time to wave back.. lol.. oh well.. I felt bad, but he should've gone slower to give me a chance to wave back and be courteous

the other thing i've noticed is that the drivers in the xB's don't really care if there is another xB around and barely even notice the tC's.. I try to wave at them, they DON'T EVEN look at you! weird..
Old 10-17-2005, 08:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I was parked next to another tC at the grocery store the other day and we happened to both get back to our cars at the same time, he looked like some 14 year old kid with his 10 year old girlfriend and he just looked at me and laughed. Then I motioned to let him pull out of his parking space first and he gave me the finger.
Old 10-17-2005, 09:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. Welcome to Fresno! The-snobby-wannabe-Los Angeles/San Francisco-town!
2. You'll pay MORE attention to your car if you see somebody driving the same car.
3. The tC costs like $17K. You knew sooner or later it would catch on. (Like the Honda Civic.)
4. All the more reason to trick-out your tC so you don't look like everybody else!

To be honest, I see more girls driving tCs than guys in this town. (And why do all the girls have that damn Ped. Spoiler on their tC? Eeewww IMO.) You want to know who "mad dogs" the worst? xB drivers! I thought we were all in the same family since we drive Scions, but I guess I'm wrong. The xB drivers are always giving me dirty looks at Stop Lights, Malls, and just driving down the street. I threw up the 'peace' sign to an xB driver and he flipped me off. What's up with that? I thought his xB was sweet, tried to show him so Scion love, and he gave me the finger. If you notice my age, I'm too old to be revving my engine. So, I don't know what I do. xA drivers are cool. They will wave 3/4 of the time. I look at it this way; in one word-ENVY!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still waive at people in other Scions.

Most don't waive back.
Old 10-17-2005, 01:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Somnambulated
I still waive at people in other Scions.

Most don't waive back.
yup same thing here in MD i havent had mine to long but the day i got it i was driving and an xa waved to me from that day on i waved to all scions most gave dirty looks back or ignored so now i am not as quick to throw up a wave or thumb
Old 10-17-2005, 01:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Team ScioNRG
DelMarVa
Scion Evolution
Scion Tuners

Originally Posted by Batjew
this is tru
Old 10-17-2005, 01:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Moved to OT... this is more than just tCs.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I feel ya Kilo and Hyghgynx. The Xbs i've noticed don't even care when i see them drive. Kilo, you know live like 5 min. away from me and i never see you on the road. Have to make a drive by that area. And for all these scion society people out there, you guys can't move muscles in your body to waive, it's 2 fingers, or a thumb. How hard can it possibly be. I work with a dude that has a scion xa and we talk about parts for our cars everyday. ANYWAYS is it that hard to give a thumbs up, or peace sign, or even flash your high beams. STAY COOL SCION NATION.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

hmm.. reading this thread now is kinda funny.... all us xB/xA owners always used to post up saying "we all wave to other scion owners yet the tC peeps just give us dirty looks/ignore us/ or rev their engine and fly away...." I try to wave/nod or otherwise acknowledge other owners when i see them in time... but most now days, unless i know them... just dont seem to care... or something...
Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yo TCSTYLING, be careful when flashing your highbeams. In this city, you might flash the wrong peeps and then they will flip a U-turn and follow you and try to shoot you!! You gotta love this city!!
Old 10-17-2005, 06:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

So many SCION owners are out now, that don't get it.

It's a shame, really.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

tC's aren't rare anymore and most people that buy them know nothing about the community of xB's and xA's.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is a fine line of ppl who you wave to & those who you dont.

The ones you wave to:
The ppl you know who bought there car because they wanted it for what it was & like it. Also those who put some parts on them, normaly.

The ones you dont wave to:
Normaly real young ppl who you just see a backwards facing hat (cant even see the head) and the ones who are fully stock. Some of the full stockers will wave, but most just got the car because it was a good buy, forced onto them, onlything there $ could get.

I tend to notice most scion drivers. I will try to catch up to xA & xB ppl in front of me (tC drivers tend to think Im trying to race & they will speed up ) I give the head nod more then a wave, but if you wave I will try to also. Most scion owners give me the double take (guy driving a green box with pink stickers) then they tend to slow down & turn off real fast. I have tried to get a few to give me a spirited drive, but the only person who has was a tC.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We live in a good part of Fresno, but still i see a lot of shady people around our neighborhoods too. DAMN I HATE THIS....OOOO DAMN perfect example today when i was coming home from class, I was talking with my buddy from work at the stop light at every stop light, and he said something about a CF hood to me and when i was going to get one. He told me that there was a red tC with a CF hood around our area. I said i know and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he pulls up next to us, my buddy exist right, and i try saying or waving at this guy and he just takes off like he's hardcore. WHAT A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG, sorry for my french if your virgin eyes haven't see this before. I almost puked on his car....HUGE SCION SOCIETY sticker on the back.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Batjew
yuppies , rich kids , and old people.
Old 10-18-2005, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion community

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING

you're a needy b*st*rd aren't you?

no need to flash me bro, i'll see you coming.

j/k, really

Quick Reply: Scion community