Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scion community

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 07:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yea i use to live next to an xB owner, and whenever i'd pass him, it'd be like 2 kids staring down each other cause they're from different sides of the tracks. i guess we feel unique for owning the scion badge, but that same badge is shared by 3 models, so when you see another scion, it's like yea there's another scion family member but since it's a different model, it turns to sibling rivalry. at least that's how i saw it.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion community

Originally Posted by TCSTYLING
Before owning a scion was cool, cuz we were very limited. Now too many poeple are buying scions and there are no more thumbs up or any sort of gesture from other scion drivers when i drive by them. It feels as if we're dying down, that's just my opinion. I mean i went to a barns and nobles bookstore parking lot, and i saw 3 scion tCs and yesterday i saw 2 more , but no one waved, or thumbs up, from now on my gesture is going to nothing at all. Anyone else feel the way I do about our scoiety dying down?

--I will flash my high beams--
Yeah! F**k 'em all! We don't need them whouers.

Apparently not enough people know of this community of our, we must be slacking in our spreadage of ScionLife. Many are buying the Scion brand after seeing how cool and spectactularly awsome they are against regular Toyota's and such. They're still part of the family, they just don't know it yet(or never will).
Old 10-19-2005, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Hyghgynx
yo TCSTYLING, be careful when flashing your highbeams. In this city, you might flash the wrong peeps and then they will flip a U-turn and follow you and try to shoot you!! You gotta love this city!!

yeah i already told him that....roll south of shaw and your a statistic for the POPO to clean up.....
as for Xb drivers, we were rolling in my friends 400 Hp evo, and this idot in his Xb reved on us...... thier are some real idiots in fresno.

and alot of the Tc drivers are girls....with the ped spoiler.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

We live in a good part of Fresno, but still i see a lot of shady people around our neighborhoods too. DAMN I HATE THIS....OOOO DAMN perfect example today when i was coming home from class, I was talking with my buddy from work at the stop light at every stop light, and he said something about a CF hood to me and when i was going to get one. He told me that there was a red tC with a CF hood around our area. I said i know and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he pulls up next to us, my buddy exist right, and i try saying or waving at this guy and he just takes off like he's hardcore. WHAT A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG, sorry for my french if your virgin eyes haven't see this before. I almost puked on his car....HUGE SCION SOCIETY sticker on the back.

yeah i think i know who your talking about............LOL. thinks he's the sh*t. and im tired of getting notes about hey check out our website left on my car.....
Old 10-19-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Yeah peeps are buying them due to Katrina!!! I will wave if I see you!!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I like this feed back, to let some anger off or steam. And about every girl in fresno that drives a tC has a PED wing. But you have to admit they are hotties. I would actually like to get together some day with the scion guys that are not part of the scion scoiety club. Just to kick back and chill or seomthing.

bump
Old 11-13-2005, 09:54 PM
5 Year Member
Scion Society

Hey guys there is nothing wrong with our car club. The guy you are talking about (red tc with carbon fiber hood) is one of the nicest guys I know. He is not stuck up about his car or anything like that he just really likes his car.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i like to wave at anyone, just to throw them off, you know for the rest of the day they are all "who was that guy".............fireturtle i PMd you about your club.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There are limits. One day some guy in a brand-new xB cut in front of me when I was passing him. I had to nail the brakes hard just to keep from rear-ending him. I get over in the right lane to pass him and as I go by he's waving like a fool. I gave him a one-fingered wave back, not because he was waving but because of his driving.

Since then nobody's waved at me at all, but I can live with that.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I still wave at tCs. If they're boxes, I hesitate. xAs are rare around here.

I think I've been waved back at one time.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well this guy were talking about seems to be a peice of work, likes to push up on people thinking he's gods gift to whatever, he has one of the only Tc's in fresno like this, and thinks people dont remember, or recognize him? I really dont know what he's thinking. But he reps a club that is supposedly a reputable one, and he's making them all look foolish with his behavior, One bad member of a club makes or breaks your reputation.........
Old 11-14-2005, 02:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think this is a mark on how society has changed, not so much just Scions.

it also depends where you live sometimes also

when i lived in TN or AR i noticed those areas i lived people were still old fashioned where they would wave if you pass each other on a 2 lane road, here in north FL its not too bad either most of the time

in CA lol yeahhhhhh whatever, you wave at someone in socal and its like your insulting someones mother or something (really stupid), hell people in CA hardly will even hold a door for ya and look at your weird if you hold the door for them

its an odd thing honestly, what is it with people losing basic human friendly nods and waves etc....??

i dont always wave now, but i always notice you...and i always at least try and do the respectable "nod" ..its a way of saying YEAH i see ya, whats up

i read/saw somewhere someone say the only emotion younger generations know how to show these days are HATE and ANGER lol ..sometimes it seems that way, though there are a LOT of good peeps out there too..the bad ones give a negative perception thats hard to shake
Old 11-14-2005, 05:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elusivedragon
i read/saw somewhere someone say the only emotion younger generations know how to show these days are HATE and ANGER lol ..sometimes it seems that way, though there are a LOT of good peeps out there too..the bad ones give a negative perception thats hard to shake
Because they play too much GTA:San Andreas and listen to 50 Cent. j/k 2 negatives don't equal a positive all the time.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

We live in a good part of Fresno, but still i see a lot of shady people around our neighborhoods too. DAMN I HATE THIS....OOOO DAMN perfect example today when i was coming home from class, I was talking with my buddy from work at the stop light at every stop light, and he said something about a CF hood to me and when i was going to get one. He told me that there was a red tC with a CF hood around our area. I said i know and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, he pulls up next to us, my buddy exist right, and i try saying or waving at this guy and he just takes off like he's hardcore. WHAT A FREAKING DOUCHE BAG, sorry for my french if your virgin eyes haven't see this before. I almost puked on his car....HUGE SCION SOCIETY sticker on the back.
Alright, you are trying to say that we should all be friendly but look at the way you are attacking me just because I didn't see you wave. You want to talk to other scion owners and keep it friendly but by posting this you don't seem to be too friendly of a person yourself..... I'm sorry I didn't see you wave but automaticaly assuming that I am a horrible person and putting down my entire club just isn't right. Don't be a hypocrit, practice what you preach.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Waving

Im still waiting to wave to my first scion owner. The TC is less obvious me than Xb's.

The other day I noticed a car behind me with the pasager point and talking excidely. I flipped my rear Wiper once and waved. I was greated with a warm smile and laugh, and new I had them.

Ill wave on the way by, I still thinks Xb is the coolest car in its class.