Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scion/ScionLife Contest: Win a Trip to December Miami Event!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2006, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by nebster
SE had about 50 people, nrg around there and scinergy close from what i've gathered. that leaves MAYBE 100 for random. OOPS WAIT i forgot scion employees, and big sponsors who own scions. that means maybe 50 of it was random MAYBE 50
yeah, he also said that Scion pretty much new each winner and their level of "pimpedness" for their car and their enthusiasm for Scion (which brings in the whole club/crew thing) and that played a big role in who was chosen... they were even a bit upset with some of the actual random selections because those particular winners were not active in the community or their cars were basically stock... that explains why some winners have literally 1 or 2 posts on this site, while the majority of winners are very active on this site and in the Scion community...
Old 12-14-2006, 04:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

which is stupid. why advertize it as a random drawing when its not. why not just say SCION IS CHOOSING 300 PEOPLE TO GO TO MAIMI SO IF YOUR NOT ACTIVE, DON'T HAVE AN AWESOME CAR OR DON'T POST, DON'T BOTHER.

Its really bothering that something like this was pulled. I had more respect for scion until this happened.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:51 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If you need answers, you need to ask the "they" you refer to in your post, Josh: Scion.

The folks you are griping to here didn't do it and can't affect it.

I suspect the corporation had valid and substantial marketing reasons for their choices. Most Japanese based public corporations are extremely sensitive to "public image."

Tomas
Old 12-14-2006, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas
If you need answers, you need to ask the "they" you refer to in your post, Josh: Scion.

I suspect the corporation had valid and substantial marketing reasons for their choices. Most Japanese based public corporations are extremely sensitive to "public image."

Tomas
very true but they can't expect us to be totally dumb about it. Its not like we're NOT going to figure it out. when you see that it was a lie isn't that more of a shot in the side then actually having some people with stock cars go?
Old 12-14-2006, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Tomas

Tomas
i totaly understand what you are saying... but just me griping to scion isnt going to do anything... here it will be seen a bit more and get more publicity... then if scion gets a good amount of complaints it will have more leverage
Old 12-14-2006, 05:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

I was one of the random picks, but I'm also a big time poster, my car is probably the most stock of any of the cars of the people that won, since head unit, subs and wheels are all I've done, my understanding was the club laisons weren't actually winner winners meaning they weren't part of the 300 since they aren't staying the leows, but at the double tree, but yea theres not many of us scikos going, rob and jon being the two heads myself and several others, the way I added it up they could have chosen 6 people from each state, but I've noticed about 10%(atleast) are from TX
Old 12-14-2006, 06:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'm the top poster , have over 10 grand in my scion , have been in a scion club since day one , work with corporate execs , help sell their cars , promote for scion , and i didn't get handpicked or randomly picked.

yeah a lil bummed.

I know everyone from the state of cali who got picked. almost all are friends. but whatev.

it makes total sense for them to pick how they did but it's also AGAINST THE LAW to advertise and state that it was/is a random drawing.

anyone have a good lawyer and want to make money ?

not only was it not random but they also broke the whole (one person per household) rule multiple times.
Old 12-14-2006, 12:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

as bad of money troubles as im having right now that sounds good... i just dont have the time to do it
Old 12-14-2006, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOW, I can't believe they will do something like this.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

the cost to enter was NOTHING.. ((scion throws lots of free events)) stop crying cuz you didn't get picked. appreciate that they had the contest in the first place.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:10 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont care about getting picked or not, its still shady.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XxTamTxX
the cost to enter was NOTHING.. ((scion throws lots of free events)) stop crying cuz you didn't get picked. appreciate that they had the contest in the first place.
thats not the point. I'm not complaining bc i wouldn't be able to go for 2 reasons.

1. i'm not 21.
2. i'm in the middle of finals week and there was no way i could move them.

the point is that they advertized it as a random drawing. THIS WAS NOT RANDOM. Why contact the heads of each major club (excluding scikotics) to see who should go.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

how would you feel if they said.. ''hey, this is who we decided should go''... still the same i'm guessing.

this is what i see from the rules:

Sponsor, Producer and Judge have complete discretion over interpretation of the Official Sweepstakes Rules, of administration of the Sweepstakes and of selection of the Winner. Decisions of the Sponsor, Producer and/or Judge as to the administration of the Sweepstakes, interpretation of the Official Sweepstakes Rules and the selection of the Winners will be final

and they did jus that.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:37 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

but they said it was supposed to be different on how they chose who was to go, if they said outright, were having party A and only inviting group B. it would suck for those that wouldn't go and yes they would complain about who they let go and not let go but it would have been truthful and upfront.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

how did they lie... it simply says.. enter for a chance to win.. we entered, like any contest, few won.. i don't even see 'random' anywhere on the site... that was probably assumed.

and you can't sue them:

LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:

BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION
Old 12-14-2006, 03:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

But they also said enter in this "random drawing" for a chance to win a trip to Miami. Look at the list, it isn't very random. I agree that it is shady that they hand picked most of the winners. I admire Jon saying that he would give up his trip, despite really wanting to go, in order to have a COMPLETELY random drawing. I would like to think I would do the same thing if I were in his shoes. However, I am glad that he and Rob are both going. Scikotics is a great club and we need some representation down there. I know several winners and they are very deserving of the trip considering how much time, money, etc. they put into their cars and the Scion brand in general. I really am glad they won...however, I still think it is BS that Scion didn't do what they advertised in the beginning. Why get everyone's hopes up, then handpick the winners. Yes, it was a free trip to Miami, yada yada yada, but it was still supposed to be random. I lost a lot of respect for Scion over this ordeal.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

can someone link me or quote where it says "random drawing"... i read the first page of this thread and it only says.. enter for a chance to win.. and out of all the people.. 300 will be picked.. doesn't say randomly.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

A total of three hundred (300) Prizes will be awarded. At the end of each week during the Submission Period all of the On-Line Entries and Card Entries received by Sponsor up until that point in the Submission Period will be combined into a single pool of entries and Sponsor or Sponsor’s designee ("Judge") will conduct a random drawing and select twenty (20) entries that will be entitled to win one (1) Prize (defined below) in accordance with these Official Sweepstakes Rules.
You can read the full set of rules here: http://www.scion.com/miami/rules.html
Old 12-14-2006, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

so technically only 1 random winner is selected out of the 20 random drawings entries pulled from all the online submissions would satisfy them picking a random winner.. not all 300. that's what i read.

it's not weather i agree what they did is right or not, i'm jus seeing if they did anything against what they stated.
Old 12-14-2006, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

Can you read? It says that they will randomly select 20 winners each drawing and the winners are entitled to one free trip to Miami. It is spelled out right there in the rules.

Quick Reply: Scion/ScionLife Contest: Win a Trip to December Miami Event!