Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scion's being stolen..

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I know how you feel My 2000 Civic SI was stolen from my own driveway. I had just left my house for 20 minutes and I come back and its gone. Almost had a heart attack at the age of 19!!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

About 2 months ago, my tC was stolen from where I work in Atlanta. Fortunately, the car was quickly recovered, because I thought it was in a chop shop.
They only stole stuff from the inside like some clothes I had in the trunk, my laptop , CDs, and oddly enough, my car manual.

___
Old 05-14-2007, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in a way thats why i dont have tints.. and i dont put anything in the interior as far as upgrdes that people can see anymore..stock radio FTW...and no system.. im to old for that stuff lol
Old 05-14-2007, 10:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

how are they bypassing the engine immobilizer is what im wondering..
Old 05-14-2007, 10:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nope, we don't have that problem in Central Cali with tC's. When I had my Integra I used
the Auto Lock and never had it stolen. Broken into, but not stolen. And I caught the idiots who broke in.

___
Old 05-15-2007, 05:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Realistically, I think GRAND THEFT AUTO and anything related to stealing someone elses car should be a felony. I know that this been discuss before in some states in the USA. It needs to be address NOW.
Stealing someone elses property is bad, but stealing someone's car and it's car parts is just something that gets on my nerves.

Making the consequences of this crime to a Felony will definitely deter current and soon-to-be car thieves.

Law and Order. Simple as that. I WORK for the things I have and you should too, because you cannot take it from me.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thread made me go and check if my car is lock. dang.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Well, everyone over here tells me that, the day I buy my tC I gotta put the best alarms b/c they steal tC a lot. Which I don't know if its true,
but I heard that the LoJack does not work, underground, or surrounded by metal. A guy from the dealer told me that

___
Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by UNLTD
Realistically, I think GRAND THEFT AUTO and anything related to stealing someone elses car should be a felony. I know that this been discuss before in some states in the USA. It needs to be address NOW.
Stealing someone elses property is bad, but stealing someone's car and it's car parts is just something that gets on my nerves.

Making the consequences of this crime to a Felony will definitely deter current and soon-to-be car thieves.

Law and Order. Simple as that. I WORK for the things I have and you should too, because you cannot take it from me.
i don't think that would deter people from stealing cars and making this a felony would only increase the number of people in jails which is already adding to the overcrowding in prisons, which eventually would call for releasing the non-violent offenders thus releasing them back into society again..
Old 05-15-2007, 06:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I live in Vegas and I never hear tC getting stolen.
So I don't really know were your coming from.

Here Civic and Integras drop like flies.

Old 05-15-2007, 07:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by johns07tc
I live in Vegas and I never hear tC getting stolen. So I don't really know were your coming from. Here Civic and Integras drop like flies
Yep. I thought we had some anti theft thingamajig on our cars. How are the thieves getting past that?

And my buddy at at my dealership just had his Integra stolen.
I thought us tCs were safe

Old 05-15-2007, 02:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

I believe I have found out how they are stealing tC's, but I not going to say anything. It has to do with the ECU in are cars.

___
Old 05-15-2007, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

grand theft auto is a felony is it not? Smashing windows and grabbing stuff out of cars is not a felony though. I may be wrong.
Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Someone on ClubScion had their doors stolen and there hatch stolen off their tC and he's from FL.

Old 05-15-2007, 03:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

this is one of the reasons i wanna get a racing steering wheel with a quick release hub. ill take my steering wheel with me everywhere if i have too
Old 05-15-2007, 03:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by MrScion07
someone on Clubscion had there doors stolen and there hatch stolen off there tc and hes from FL
what part of FL?
Old 05-15-2007, 03:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

it says in his profile winter park FL
Old 05-15-2007, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had my 2000 Si stolen at FIU in Miami. I got a Scion b/c I didn't think they wanted Scions but ____ now I have to worry again.

___
Old 05-16-2007, 04:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by pain
Originally Posted by UNLTD

i don't think that would deter people from stealing cars and making this a felony would only increase the number of people in jails which is already adding to the overcrowding in prisons, which eventually would call for releasing the non-violent offenders thus releasing them back into society again..
Maybe not 100% of deterance, but definitely some degree. It will make them think twice before they act. Too many prisoner and not enough prisons is not the problem, committing crime is. But I get what you are saying. Prisons are getting crowded.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Daym this is the first I've heard of Scions being stolen, I've heard a few xB's getting broken into but being driven off this sucks, now I have to be more
careful when I drive home. I park my parent's Escalade behind my car so it can't be towed or moved unless they move the Escalade too lol...

Quick Reply: Scion's being stolen..