Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scions and Gays

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About the Buchanan stuff planted above: I read that -basic stuff- about the approbation "First Lady" and about his niece in a book that ranks all our Presidents on a scale of accomplishments, or lack thereof. I don't recall the title at the moment. The book outlined the apparently-homo relationship and -suggested- the Aunt Nancy stuff.

BUT here, I just googled and find about a book with an agenda:

http://www.planetout.com/news/histor...hitehouse.html
if that is all to beleived (I doubt much I read), then let's see the sources. Otherwise we blur things, as I did myself, above.

---
Placebo "loves Tom". Hey, lad. Now you're going someplace with your ambiguity. Don't know where but
huh!???
Old 11-28-2005, 08:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Placebo
ok um how the hell did PaRaGoNViCtiM find this thread?
Search maybe?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Questions: Just random little things I am simply curious about at one time or another and ..well frankly I am bored so thought I would post it.

- is it ___ to wear a pink shirt?

- is it ___ to wear a pink shirt then claim its OK because its not pink ..it is SALMON?

- if a straight guy went to a ___ club with ___ friends, would you think he is in the closet, or he is a secure straight guy which you would find refreshing? (I would actually go personally friends are friends to me)

- if you could be a poptart, what flavor would you be? (I have asked that question for YEARS...100% random it means nothing)

- does it annoy you when people like me ask questions about ___ points of view, like this post here?

- are YOU tired of reading yet and wondering just how deep the rabbit hole of my mental boredom currently goes?

Old 11-29-2005, 02:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

New postPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:25 pm Post subject: Report This Post to Mods Reply with quote
Questions: Just random little things I am simply curious about at one time or another and ..well frankly I am bored so thought I would post it.

- is it ___ to wear a pink shirt? No, straight guys look great in hot pink shirts. That color was in great fashion in the eighties. Guys were all wearing pink. It was cool.

- is it ___ to wear a pink shirt then claim its OK because its not pink ..it is SALMON?
yes, that is very ___.

- if a straight guy went to a ___ club with ___ friends, would you think he is in the closet, or he is a secure straight guy which you would find refreshing? (I would actually go personally friends are friends to me). Secure straight guy, is what I would think. Uber-cool.

- if you could be a poptart, what flavor would you be?
Forbidden Fruit

- does it annoy you when people like me ask questions about ___ points of view, like this post here? Yes, but not coming from you. You're OK!

- are YOU tired of reading yet and wondering just how deep the rabbit hole of my mental boredom currently goes? Down as deeeep as the Hershey Highway?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i read a quote. it read, "i can't wait until homosexuality is accepted by the masses....the gays will be have to rail against people who don't decorate properly and can't understand why they do." -anonymous

(actually that was just me a second ago and not anything i read).
Old 11-29-2005, 05:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

elusivedragon's questions:

- is it ___ to wear a pink shirt?

I don't think it is, but I also don't own anything pink.

That's just stupid. Pink is pink.

- if a straight guy went to a ___ club with ___ friends, would you think he is in the closet, or he is a secure straight guy which you would find refreshing? (I would actually go personally friends are friends to me)

I think it would be cool. I've never been to a club, but I assume you'd have to be ready to accept getting hit on or checked out simply because you're in a ___ bar with ___ people who would assume you were ___ because you were there.

- if you could be a poptart, what flavor would you be? (I have asked that question for YEARS...100% random it means nothing)

Strawberry, with sprinkles

- does it annoy you when people like me ask questions about ___ points of view, like this post here?

Not at all, I think it's very cool.

- are YOU tired of reading yet and wondering just how deep the rabbit hole of my mental boredom currently goes?

No. lol, great metaphor
Old 11-29-2005, 05:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok First off I think reid and Kevin are awsome
SECOND I don't know any girls who think pink on a guy all be it straight or homosexual is hot as hell and sexy TRUST ME!

Oh and I would be a strawberrie pop tart cause at times I can be a little fruity... but don't take that the wrong way lol
Old 11-29-2005, 05:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Aww, thanks Dan!
Old 11-29-2005, 11:12 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

OUCH! I am not awsome! I'm hurt! I will go crawl into a corner now...

Dragons questions-

-is it ___ to wear a pink shirt?
-no, as a matter of fact, I saw a pink shirt that said 'Tough guy wear pink' on it. lol

-is it ___ to wear a pink shirt then claim its OK because its not pink ..it is SALMON?
-That is just moronic, Salmon is a more terrible shade of pink.

-if a straight guy went to a ___ club with ___ friends, would you think he is in the closet, or he is a secure straight guy which you would find refreshing? (I would actually go personally friends are friends to me)
- I personally think thats pretty dang cool. I personally have never been to a ___ club (or any club for that matter) but as Kev said, you would have to except the fact that you WILL get hit on.

-hmmmmm, Smores...just cuz I like smores, and if I ever got hungry I could eat my arm or somthing...cuz poptarts dont have feelings.

not really, I think its refreshing, people trying to expand their horizons.

Nope, my boredom is pretty deep right now...so I am sure I know how far it goes....its frightening isnt it?
Old 11-29-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just for something different, here are those same questions answered by a straight guy (Me).

-is it ___ to wear a pink shirt?
No. Obviously, the color of your clothes doesn't make you ___. However, pink is a very feminine color, and I don't know very many straight guys who would wear it.

-is it ___ to wear a pink shirt then claim its OK because its not pink ..it is SALMON?
LOL...That's an acceptable cover for a straight guy who's wife/GF bought him a pink shirt which he has to wear to avoid hurting their feelings.

-if a straight guy went to a ___ club with ___ friends, would you think he is in the closet, or he is a secure straight guy which you would find refreshing?
Again, going to a ___ club doesn't make you ___, but I can't think of ANY straight guy who would go.......Ever......for any reason....period.

- if you could be a poptart, what flavor would you be?

N/A
Old 11-29-2005, 03:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Again, going to a ___ club doesn't make you ___, but I can't think of ANY straight guy who would go.......Ever......for any reason....period.
A perfectly valid personal thought.

OTOH, to go with your wife or girlfriend to a young-crowd club makes for a pretty amazing experinence.... just to look around at the faces of ___ men and women. Why, i am -not- talking about some sleaze bar or rave-fest. No, a Friday or Saturday night crowd at some large, cool place.

The variety of people there is astounding... or at least interesting to observe from the vantagepoint of corner or bar stool. IF you have a companion with you, eiter male or female, ___ or straigtht, it's not likely you'd even be approached by anyone else.

go look... not to get "curious", but in order to relax and worry less about these "other people. We are just like you, really. Only better dressed.

ha.

reid
Old 11-29-2005, 03:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciFly
A perfectly valid personal thought.

OTOH, to go with your wife or girlfriend to a young-crowd club makes for a pretty amazing experinence.... just to look around at the faces of ___ men and women. Why, i am -not- talking about some sleaze bar or rave-fest. No, a Friday or Saturday night crowd at some large, cool place.

The variety of people there is astounding... or at least interesting to observe from the vantagepoint of corner or bar stool.
You may be right. I always picture a "___ club" as being filled with men only. As a matter of fact, I always picture the stereotypical gar bar filled with men in black, biker leather.

Originally Posted by SciFly
We are just like you, really. Only better dressed.
Hey! For all you know, I might look like I just walked off the cover of GQ.

I don't, but you didn't know that.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I dress like K Mart.

Anywho, there are babes to be seen in ___ -clubs-.. those other images of biker bars and old geezer ___ bars are real, too, but they are just facets. The most interesting places are the huge ones, on filled-up nights. No one will notice you and your lady. You can observe a lot of human nature there. And see that male-males are behaving just like young straight bucks would do in a hetero bar. And then too, you'll see some fems.. but more guys some that look "straight" until they
open their mouths
or -gesture-, relaxed in same-interests company.

But most of all, you just see normal looking young people. See past the few in strange regalia. Most are like strangers you'd see on the streets.

its fascinating.

I don't go to clubs anymore. Too old to angle and too hungry to -just watch- the fishies.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good points all!

I like the straight guy answers, nice lol

As far as the ___ club thing I had a friend invite me and my g/f to go out with em, the ___ club in town apparently has very good dj's

And my brother is kinda shy so if it took me going with him so he would feel more comfortable going I would do it...I doubt he would do that I am his bro he may not like that lol but it wouldnt bother me at all.

Great replies!
Old 11-30-2005, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ok I feel composed again to post! Some of the most beuatiful girls I have hung out at have been a ___ clubs. And just because your not going home with them at the end of the night with them dosen't mean they are not flirtatious to you. Maybe its because Im originally from California where people are more well cultured but I don't think I would be the same if I didn't have my ___ friends. Who make fun of me being straight its just a riot it really it is

I live in a town now who might have 10 or 20 people that may be out and let you know cause they are scarred of the persecution. But you know I don't see anything wrong with being ___ at all. Now I do get offended by the really girly ones a little because they give cool guys Like Reid a bad rap
Old 11-30-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh and sir scion Your cool too though we haven't talked like Reid and I
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

So far ever ___ guy including my brother I have met do not like the "girly" sometimes "fake" ___ men types...(not saying all are fake)

My bro hates when ___ guys will say things like "hey girl!" that style...my bro is going to say I AM A MAN not a "girl".

Curious what some people on here think about that?

I dont really like it much either, it just seems WAY too fake and "Acting" to me I like people more who are just being themselves and do not need to "act"

Speaking of "act" ...maybe this should go in the pet peeve section but I hate people who say "act your age" ...well..I am not an Actor in the first place, I do not act...I am myself. Period. No more no less.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

you know what i have a pet peeve about since you mentiond the Actor thing why it is an assumption by some heterosexual men that just because I like theater weather it being in a show or singing in a musical I am ___ whats up with that I am a very talented person I don't want to do movies all I would ever want to act in is the theater I mean look at people like Mathew Brodrieck totally straight and a wonderful Broadway Actor .... oh yeah and did I mention he was married to one of the hottest women on the planet Sarha jessica Parker MEOW
Old 11-30-2005, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or guys who think because you order a margarita that is a "chicks" drink...AHHH.

But I dont let it get to me, I just ignore it or say whatever...i'm secure...they must not be. A drink I have in my hand doesnt make me feel girly or manly...I am not that shallow where I need to have everything around me SCREAM masculine.

I think guys who have that way overly macho attitude are closet gays!!

Old 11-30-2005, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I concur very much

Quick Reply: Scions and Gays