Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scions and Gays

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 11:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Good Thread

I call some close male straight friends ___ all the time.

The word has many meanings for diffrent reasons...............>
Old 12-08-2005, 12:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sigmond Freud thought we were all born Bisexual, and may develop a preference later in life. No one is really quite sure about this, but most people have had at least some feeling for both genders at some stage in their lives. So there is no big deal about differentiating between if gays drive scions, suburus, wranglers, pt cruisers, etc... we all do. Interesting non the less.

"Freud’s view of sexuality, and of the libido in general, were far more complex – and far less surreal -- than a quick summary of the Oedipal Complex would suggest. To begin with, he accepted the idea that all human beings come into the world as potential bisexuals. And he theorized that our first sensuality was not genital but oral. This "oral stage" was marked by the infant’s preoccupation with sensations experienced with the lips and mouth. Later, as a toddler, the child entered into an "****" phase where the emphasis was on the sensations and accomplishments surrounding bowel movements. A phallic stage came next in which the sensations of the genitals, experienced in the context of holding in or releasing urine, came into prominence. (Note that Freud proposed the clitoris as the female equivalent of the *****; thus girls too experienced a phallic stage.)" - The Standard Edition of the Complete Psychological Works of Sigmund Freud
Old 12-08-2005, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's true, I'll never understand ___ men that took it all the way with females though. I know the social pressure is a lot, especially back when being ___ wasn't as socially acceptable as it is now. But even still, I haven't ever thought about being with a woman and I don't think I ever could.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

as Jack from Will & Grace would say.... " Ewww, Ewww, Eww!"
Old 12-08-2005, 12:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

straight guys patting on the ****...hmm thats not me lol im very secure, or i think i am anyhow (i dont know what anyone else thinks)

that being said im not into the whole butt pat lol, I understand it in sports because like in football...they have pads on so cant feel much anyway except on the rear end so it makes sense

now im not affraid of the "manly macho half hug" thing...thats not a big deal for me, hell i would give a guy a hug too it doesnt mean im ___...now the typical overly macho guy type could NOT handle it and would likely attempt to be even more super macho and start a fight or something

- I am a firm believer guys who are way too macho are closet gays and are building up such a high wall of protection so nobody including them suspects they might be ___ (sorry, just how i feel and i know there are exceptions)

also some people are just touchy feely and some are not. I am the affectionate touchy feely type....at work i will pat people on the back or shoulder and things like that, i like to think of it as a supportive "im on your side" type of gesture, just like slapping 5 etc....

Damn I love this thread lol

OH MY DOG, ive posted one to many times in a ___ thread DAMNIT i am ___ now AHHHHHHH!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Your theory about the wall of straightness makes a lot of sense. Too bad you're ___ now, nothing can protect you!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Ooooooooooo... I wont comment then
Old 12-08-2005, 01:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 12-08-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No but seriously, I'm not one of those people that thinks every guy who shows a slight ___ or feminine trait is a homo. I mean, I think I have certain masculine traits but it doesn't make me hetero, I'm just comfortable being who I am. I have no gaydar whatsoever, so everyone is straight to me unless they tell me otherwise anyway. So if you wanna give your good buddy a nice friendly pat on the behind, go ahead. I won't judge you :D
Old 12-08-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I love j-rock and fanservice is a common thing and the men are straight (atleast the bands I listen to). But then again they are getting paid.

Note:fanservice- kissing,licking,dry humping etc. on stage,for photos and interviews.

So uh who is going to see brokeback mountain?
Old 12-08-2005, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Go to Europe. I think about Turkey, now in particular. I visited Istanbul a long time ago, during an all-___ cruise of the greek islands, and other points.

In Istanbul, the warmth of the young, straight guys was amazing. They are all relaxed and affectionate to each peer.
They lounge at a street corner, one arm on the shoulder of the buddy. It's not ___, it's their culture- family and friend oriented. No taboos against a hug or even taking the close friends hand in hand, while making a point. The power of touch in persuading or bestowing honor or affection is a trait TABOOED by our Puritan roots. The Turks don't fear that stuff. I don't suppose they have any more gays per capita than any other nation (it seems to be about the same througout the races and nations and over the eras).

WE, the USA, are the most repressive, nearly of the first world countries. Our culture makes buddy-touching a sexual innuendo. In Turkey, at least, that is not the case.

The guys are often very handsome in Istanbul. I met only one openly ___ one. He wanted to attach to our small group of three couples, and show us the sights. We were seeing plenty. Fascinating, ancient city, Istanbul where a touch is to smile for and not to fear.

I thought -what a ___ place-. But no, it's only at ease.
----
OH, and welcome to glenbrrr!
Old 12-08-2005, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice post SciFly

I think though that over time we are slowly changing everything, it takes time to undo the damage of the past

look at this thread for example, some may disagree...but the fact you can have this going so strong on a basic public website/forum...REALLY is nice I think.

I have a high degree of respect for people who even may disagree with it..but can still avoid ruining it for everyone else...that is very cool IMHO.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Marshall
Sigmond Freud thought we were all born Bisexual, and may develop a preference later in life. No one is really quite sure about this, but most people have had at least some feeling for both genders at some stage in their lives. So there is no big deal about differentiating between if gays drive scions, suburus, wranglers, pt cruisers, etc... we all do. Interesting non the less.[/i]
I Think most if not alot of us are "Wired" right down the middle...>
Old 12-08-2005, 04:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wired right down the middle, I must refrain from asking exactly what that means
Old 12-08-2005, 04:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by elusivedragon
Wired right down the middle, I must refrain from asking exactly what that means
It doesnt take much to go either way....>

I perfer females but am atracted to males
Old 12-08-2005, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Interesting terminology indeed.

Mike, it's funny you mention how well this thread has gone. Things weren't always like that on SL. Way back when I first joined the site during the summer of 04, a friend of mine posted a thread titled "Am I the only ___ guy here?"

It blew up with negative posts and lots of flaming. The mods tried to keep it under control but it got to be too much to handle and the thread was eventually locked.

Later there was another member here who tried to create a Yahoo group for ___ Scion owners called "The Men of Scion." There was some issue with Yahoo automatically classing the group as "adult" because of the ___ distinction, the group leader intended for it to have an automotive designation.

That didn't go over well when he posted about the group here on SL. There was some dispute about linking members to adult material (there was none, I checked out the group) and I think the posts were locked or deleted and the group leader was banned; but I think that was from repeatedly cross posting the same thread in different forums even after being warned.

I'm glad the climate around here seems to have gotten less confrontational and I think it's really amazing that we have so many cool people around here, both straight, ___ and "in the middle."
Old 12-08-2005, 06:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh, yeah, it's gotten a lot more livable for openly ___ folks here.

We have good moderation now to thank for this.
I don't think any are "evil" at all.

DAVE, you redhound old dog, that's you.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by KevinxB
No but seriously, I'm not one of those people that thinks every guy who shows a slight ___ or feminine trait is a homo. I mean, I think I have certain masculine traits but it doesn't make me hetero, I'm just comfortable being who I am. I have no gaydar whatsoever, so everyone is straight to me unless they tell me otherwise anyway. So if you wanna give your good buddy a nice friendly pat on the behind, go ahead. I won't judge you :D
Kevin has lots of exhaust installing massculine traits. My cleanliness gene has given me an aversion to anything that gets me dirty.

I don't know what it is, but I have really good gaydar. Except with the ones that you can't tell are men or women... and when they're straight, it confuses me more. For some reason, I can only pick out the ones that seem straight.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

C you need to help me tune my gaydar up. It's in need of some serious calibration.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can usually tell whos ___ and whos not, but not as good as my ___ brother of course.

i think ive got a half-gaydar, one of those refurbished models i grabbed at a discount shop

Quick Reply: Scions and Gays