Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scions and Gays

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 04-30-2006, 06:07 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

I dont wear cologne
Old 05-01-2006, 11:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I don't either. Maybe some AXE whenever I feel like knocking out all the people in a 6 mile radius, but I don't think it qualifies.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lol, I don't know which is sadder. The fact that this got back 3 pages or the fact that I went looking for it.

This is the end?
Old 05-22-2006, 02:21 AM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

WHA??????? LOVE YOU ALL........but clubxb.com is SO much better.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

http://img158.imageshack.us/my.php?i...uruncle9rv.swf

I don't suppose I'm allowed to sing, either.

(it's a tune from 1931; that's why it's that gayflavor)
Old 06-11-2006, 04:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In order to attract non-sl'ers and give us another place to chat, I've opened a myspace account for us.

www.myspace.com/gayscion

Send me a request, and I'll add you in. Feel free to check out the 62 other hottie Scion owners. Maybe you'll find someone to talk cars with, and such.

Hugz,
Bill
Old 06-11-2006, 05:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by Neothin
Paging steve... oh scuba steve, another ___ scion owner in the area!

so ya, i installed an injen CAI and MMW header/spipe today. tommorow we install the catback and my 3 pc NST pully set. WOOT! The car finally has its ***** drop :D
how do you like the MMW header/spipe? any installation problems? i currently have the megan header (v2) and zpi spipe but i'm not entirely happy with that combination. i was thinking of switching to MMW.

which pulleys does NST switch? are they underdrives or lightened factory-size pulleys?
Old 06-11-2006, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

I had some rattling issues with the lower part of the header against the engine cradle. a couple trips to the exhaust shop and they're all fixed now. it ended up being that the spipe/midpipe bolts were torqued differently causing the pipes to bend to one side and that made them bang the cradle. nothing wrong with manufacturing, just our DIY installation ;)
I like the tone that the exhaust gives, the header and then my resonators gives it a nice sound to it, with very little rasp (which i'm sure you know all about )

the NST set replaces the crank, water pump, and alternator pullies. It comes with an underdrive crank, overdrive alternator, and a lightweight water pump. I haven't had any accessories dying out issues at all (a/c works great, even down here in FL). I noticed a real big pick up in the midrange with them, say 3.5-5k?
Old 06-11-2006, 06:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey guys I live here in Los Angeles but work around west hollywood. I have ___ friends and they really like my car. I have a TC they also like the Xa but dont like the Xb. I guess they dont have love for the box.
Old 06-11-2006, 06:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

i guess that goes against the mold so to say.... half the guys here are box owners
Old 06-11-2006, 06:24 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ True. This topic has been around for a long time and this is the first time ive seen it.
Old 06-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

LA huh? well, thats just interesting...you ___?
Old 06-12-2006, 01:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

hey zack, you've asked about my car, now it's time for me to return the favor

1. I've got a couple of questions for your interior leather. Where did you get it? How much? Did the kit include both the front door panel pieces and the rear seat panel pieces, or just the fronts? Does it include a piece for the center armrest? Can they do a dark blue insert versus your silver insert?

2. About your underbody kit... Where did you mount your control box? Where did you run the wires to bring them into the cabin (to hook into the controller). How did you attach the front bar (maybe even a picture or two?)

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2006, 07:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SirScion
LA huh? well, thats just interesting...you ___?
No. Why? One of my bestfriends is ___. I think my friends went to the ___ Pride Parade today. They asked me if I wanted to go but I had to work. Are you from LA??
Old 06-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

No, Palm springs, I just need friends not hitting on you...
Old 06-13-2006, 12:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 06-13-2006, 01:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

wow, an OVERdrive alt? i guess that's to give additional electrical juice? i should get that, if for no other reason than to better recharge my battery after a night of running the colormorphs. a week ago i got home early and thought "oh my neighbors get a kick out of seeing the lights, so i'll turn them on now." this was at like 4:30pm and it was still bright, but i knew when it got dark i'd be busy getting ready to go out....

haha on me. at clubs, the lights run for about 4 - 4.5 hours and my car always starts. that afternoon/night, they were on for more like 6 hours and that was too much. i had to wait for aaa and they took like 1.5 hours to show up, too.

now, for your questions...
the leather was done by an interior upholstery shop, but i bought it along with the car as a "dealer option." so i am sure i paid more than an already-purchased tC just rolling into the shop with no dealer involved. my price was $1,200, fully installed, and included the door panels, rear side panels (where the speakers are), all seats, and center armrest. i specified the color of the center and the outside and i also got to pick if i wanted the leather to be perforated or not. i also had the option to include embroidery in the center-top of the seat which said "SCION" and had the logo (i didn't do that). there were a bunch of color choices and i am sure blue was one of them.

the only thing they did which i don't like is the center armrest. i didn't specifically say what i wanted there. the thing i specified was the two colors for the seats (center and outer) and then i said i wanted the doors to be the same as the center color. usually they do the doors to match the outer color. i did not realize that meant they would also do the center console in gray. one of these days i will go back and have that redone in charcoal black.

for the underbody kit, i put the control box in the engine bay (i used zip ties and put it up against the shock tower on the intake side) and routed the power through a dash-mounted switch. later this week (thursday or friday) i will take some detailed pix for you showing the wiring and tube mounting.

the wires are sent like this:

positive goes from the battery through the top of the fender and down to the hole in the door jam where the wiring for the power switched on the door routes. i just squished the rubber to one side and put the wire through there. that put me into the cabin next to the dead pedal, making it easy to route up to the switch panel on the outward side of the steering wheel.

switch controls power (yes, i was lazy and didn't use a relay). power follows the same route back into the engine bay to the control box. negative goes to any nearby ground, of which there are plenty including the battery itself.

i also use this wiring/switch to power my internal UV/purple cold cathodes and the halo "angel eyes" on my new projector headlights.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SirScion
No, Palm springs, I just need friends not hitting on you...
I know you werent. Well if you are ever here in LA and wanna hang out just PM me. We can chill.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:17 PM
Banned
KAD
Scikotics
SL Member

Its a deal :D

Quick Reply: Scions and Gays