Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Scions and Gays

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just wanted to say Hi.... Purchased my 2010 xB last month and joined this site. Hopefully I'll meet a lot of other gays who are into cars here.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

lulz at first I thought the title was misspelled.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you see it as, Scions and Guys?

LoL
Old 02-22-2010, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

so did I actually

this is one old a_s thread....
Old 02-22-2010, 10:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Yep, this thread's been around for a while.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thought I'd bring it back from the dead....
Old 02-22-2010, 10:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
SL Member

what's up with the 2 year drought?
Old 02-22-2010, 10:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The previous post to mine original one today was November 3, 2009.... so its only been a few months. ;)
Old 02-24-2010, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

Well dang, I was searching my old posts looking for something else and *pop* up comes this thread from ancient history! Sheesh, this thread has lasted longer than most ___ relationships. LOL!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SoCal tC Club
SL Member
Scinergy

Oh and WTF is this underline silliness for the G-word previously known for meaning "happiness"...? Hmm, does the feminine variant evoke the same censor response? Let's see... "My lesbian friend bought a Toyota Tacoma to carry all of her tools."
Old 02-24-2010, 07:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RacerZack
Oh and WTF is this underline silliness for the G-word previously known for meaning "happiness"...? Hmm, does the feminine variant evoke the same censor response? Let's see... "My lesbian friend bought a Toyota Tacoma to carry all of her tools."
People don't "abuse" the female variant in what some would consider a "derogatory" manner.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

And I think we adjusted it too...
___

Edit, guess not.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:00 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Just curious why this thread EVER existed.
To preface my comment below here.... am I straight? yes. But I have friends of many different races, creeds, and sexual orientation. So I'm an accepting person of others regardless.. as long as they are good people in who they are.

But I have to ask... why does it have to be "segregated" here on SL into a thread by itself? Aren't we all just people that have loving our Scions in common?

I mean seriously people...you don't see someone like me starting a thread called "Straight guys and their Scions".
By all means I have NO intention here of starting friction or a heated debate. Just curious is all.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don't think of it as segregation... think of it as people with a common interest - in the same regard as the "flint mica cult" or the "high end / expensive wheels" people.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ack154
Don't think of it as segregation... think of it as people with a common interest - in the same regard as the "flint mica cult" or the "high end / expensive wheels" people.
Well I see your point there ack.... but generally when you see topics in society regarding Race, Sex, Creed, Sexual orientation, etc.... that's generally viewed by most as something more personal than saying "oh these two people like the same rims or same color of car". I was just curious why it was felt that it had to go to that level here, that's all.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No I understand. It's a valid question. The way I look at it though is if the ___ people here like the thread - no reason to do anything with it. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of discussion in the early parts of the thread about that very question though (your question i mean).
Old 02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by ack154
No I understand. It's a valid question. The way I look at it though is if the ___ people here like the thread - no reason to do anything with it. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of discussion in the early parts of the thread about that very question though (your question i mean).
Completely cool with me. Like I said... I'm pretty accepting of others regardless... as long as they are a good person.
And dont get me wrong...I think it's great that a thread with a more personal note on it hasn't been bashed to hell and back... I've seen a lot of that garbage on here over the years.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mouse... I'm in NO way bashing you, so please don't take any of this in that way. I just want to explain a few things... from my point of view.

For me, its nice to be able to meet other g-a-y/lesbian car enthusiasts because it's rare to find that combo. (LoL)

In pretty much ALL car forums, you'll find posts like, "Where's all my Filipino peeps at?!" or Latino, African American, Asian, etc, etc. Are those wrong too? They're not hating on other races, just as we're not hating on other sexual preferences.... its just sometimes, you can find more things in common with people who, share the same "culture"..... you tend to feel more comfortable about someone who knows what its like to be like you and have been treated how you've been treated and gone through the things you have gone through.

It's funny though..... I've spent a LOT of time in different car clubs over the years and have gone to many, MANY meets & events, but have *always* been picked on, singled out & treated differently there because of my sexuality (and its not like I'm flaunting it in people's faces at those meets either). Being g-a-y/lesbian is still not really accepted in the "car culture" when it comes to meets, get togethers, racing events, etc. and it sucks.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ZombiePunk
Mouse... I'm in NO way bashing you, so please don't take any of this in that way. I just want to explain a few things... from my point of view.

For me, its nice to be able to meet other g-a-y/lesbian car enthusiasts because it's rare to find that combo. (LoL)

In pretty much ALL car forums, you'll find posts like, "Where's all my Filipino peeps at?!" or Latino, African American, Asian, etc, etc. Are those wrong too? They're not hating on other races, just as we're not hating on other sexual preferences.... its just sometimes, you can find more things in common with people who, share the same "culture"..... you tend to feel more comfortable about someone who knows what its like to be like you and have been treated how you've been treated and gone through the things you have gone through.

It's funny though..... I've spent a LOT of time in different car clubs over the years and have gone to many, MANY meets & events, but have *always* been picked on, singled out & treated differently there because of my sexuality (and its not like I'm flaunting it in people's faces at those meets either). Being g-a-y/lesbian is still not really accepted in the "car culture" when it comes to meets, get togethers, racing events, etc. and it sucks.

Honest question but how do people at these events know your sexual preference?
Old 02-25-2010, 12:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've actually met several of my best friends on this thread! Nice to see it back for a whole new clan of Scion Bois.
Billy in Philly

Quick Reply: Scions and Gays