Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Screw you Fix-It Ticket!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Screw you Fix-It Ticket!!!

Can you believe this. I am going 50mph on the 73 FastTrack when I get pulled over....I was like WTF?! Then he says, your windows are too dark and starts scratching the inside of my window to see if he can scrap it off...Then he writes me a fix it ticket. Out of all the years driving on normal streets and highways I've never got one let alone on the 73 which I am already paying 5 bucks to drive. So I say, "so this is what you do all day...bust people with window tint?" And he replys angerly, "So what if I do, I bust peoples ___'s" And I said "I was just asking".

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What I wrote to FastTack:
To whom it may concern,

My Name is David. I ride the fast track at least twice a day everyday for the past month. This includes the 241, 261, 133, 73 & the 91 Express. Lately, I have seen an unusual amount of police cracking down on these highways for anyone going to 5mph over the limit. I am not one to speed so this doesn't apply to me. But today, 2/27/2007, I was driving the 73 toll road as usual when suddenly I was being pulled over. I was going 50mph, I wasn't intoxicated or for the matter breaking any rules?? The police officer approached my window and told me that "my tint was not factory" and that he would write me a fix-it ticket. A fix-it ticket that would cost $20 to get the tint taken off & $20 to have it signed off then get the morning off to go to traffic court to get it taken care of and this is already on top of the fact that I will now be late to work. In the 5 months that I have had window tint I have not had one problem on normal highways. But yet highway patrol looks for any possibility to pull over safe drivers when they are already paying the $5 fee of the FastTrack to give them a fix-it ticket. The time and money of a ticket is not worth the 5-10 minutes it saves me to work riding on your highway. Yet I know it is perhaps my "fault" for tinting my windows but I have never been pulled over for just that alone. Once again, The time and money of a ticket is not worth the 5-10 minutes it saves me to work driving the FastTrack. You have lost a valuable customer over this in which I have better chances not getting pulled over and going trough the hassle on a "normal highway".

Thank you for your time.
David V.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

make him go to court and pay it there. it'll be fun
Old 02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you get a ticket for the front doors? Because the tint laws state that you can only have 50% on the front doors in ND, but anything you want in the back.

BTW, do you really think writing a letter is going to do anything? You broke the law by having illegal tint. Then you complain that the Highway Patrol gives you a ticket. Where is the sense in that? If you didnt break the law, you wouldn't have a problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um, just because you didn't get caught the first 5 months doesn't mean it wasn't illegal. You break the law, you get caught, you pay. It's very simple.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:18 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

it doesnt make sense you complain about getting pulled over. i know i am taking my chances in getting a fix it for tint or exhaust or even no plates. in the ;ess than 3 years i have had my car i have gotten 4 no plate tix, 4 exhaust tix and 3 tint tix. $110 dollars total. (10 bux a ticket). i really dont care when i get them. i know they have nothing better to do but you shouldnt complain. you know its illegal and hes only doing his job
Old 02-27-2007, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because its the principle that it is "poring rain" & I just payed $5 and I am driving slower than the limit, I didn't even mention how he drove on the shoulder of the freeway next to me giving me a dirty look and then being a dick. I know its illegal but come one, I can see if your speeding or look suspicious to add it in but I think he is just being prejudice cause I was young and was bored.

Do I pay taxes...yes? I expect my money,(taxes)going to the state, should be spent alot more wiser than busting people for window tint? Like getting the bad guys, protecting & helping. How can I be alone on this and just criticize me when I am stating the obvious?
Old 02-27-2007, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The same can be said for pot smokers just doing it in their own home. It's a stupid law, but a law none-the-less. And you can _____ all you want, but you still broke the law. Until you get pulled over for something you didn't actually do (which has happened to me once already, and got off I might add) then you really can't complain about it. If you want the law changed, talk to your local politicians and try to get them to repeal the law. That's the only thing in your power to do right now.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i feel him on this one. i can see if they got him on a major violation and then ticketed him too but just to pull someone over for tint. thats just ridiculous. they need to concentrate on all the speeders, red light violators, etc. those are the ones that could kill somebody instead they knit pick at lil ____o on our cars. gimme a break. cops in cali have way too much time on their hands. just fight it in court. even if u have no way of fighting it, just go to court anyway. there could be a chance that he doesn't show and it will get thrown out.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

just pay the fee and get rid of your tint. you know that tinting the front windows is illegal and if you get busted for it, tough! you'll pay more court fees if you try to fight it in court. It doesn't matter if it was a minor violation, it was still a violation and any cop can give you a ticket if they see a violation.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tc-guy
i feel him on this one. i can see if they got him on a major violation and then ticketed him too but just to pull someone over for tint. thats just ridiculous. they need to concentrate on all the speeders, red light violators, etc. those are the ones that could kill somebody instead they knit pick at lil ____o on our cars. gimme a break. cops in cali have way too much time on their hands. just fight it in court. even if u have no way of fighting it, just go to court anyway. there could be a chance that he doesn't show and it will get thrown out.
Having really dark tint is dangerous. When your tint is so dark you cant see properly than it is dangerous for everyone on the road.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Think of it this way... you were lucky for 5 months and made the cop get out in the rain to write you a ticket.
Old 02-28-2007, 04:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I agree with Evil TT. I'm sure there more threats to the law going on besides dark tint.
Maybe the cop just had to make that quota.. perhaps hes the kind of cop that doesnt do ____ until the last 5 days before hes gotta turn in his "good deeds"

I drive the FastTrak EVERYDAY, and I see crazy ____ on the 91.
I see speeders, cutting in and out of the carpool lane with no regard to the lines on the road. hell, I even saw a H2 Hummer RUN OVER the lane dividers separating the fasttrak from the normal freeway.

what im trying to say is maybe that cop feels that hes protecting society by writing fix-it tickets... or maybe he was just a douche-bag.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by krustytheclown
Having really dark tint is dangerous. When your tint is so dark you cant see properly than it is dangerous for everyone on the road.
Dangerous...I can see just fine, I've had tint on all my 4 cars so far and not 1 accident.

I agree, ya a fix-it ticket is always comming, but just for tint? On a rainy day at 8am while Im driving to work. Than to say, "ya, I bust everyones ___'s that has tint" its just ridiculous...he should be focusing on speeders & or even racing.....but tint.

Im getting the fix-it ticket signed off by a friends dad but i still have to pay the 10 bucks at court & get the morning off.....just sucks you know.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

weird how it's the end of the month, huh?
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You do know that the tint laws aren't necessarily there for people seeing out, but police officers and other people seeing in right?

Some people go way too dark on tint and it makes it dangerous for a cop to pull that person over. What if someone sitting in the backseat has a gun cocked and ready for the officer to come to the window?

I don't know how dark your tint is, and I don't care really. I just think people need to stop hating on cops who are doing their job. It may not be the most prestigious or respected job(unfortunately), but they are there for you. Today they wrote you a ticket, tomorrow he could be the guy saving your life.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Whenever you get a ticket, you probably deserve it. If you don't, then you should fight it in court and let a judge decide. Most of the people I know hate police officers because they recieved a ticket for whatever reason...and they hate on police officers because they did something wrong and got caught. It's kinda silly if you think about it.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

Originally Posted by seattledave
meeting the quota??

I can see it from both points of view... if your tint is 5%, then I can see why you got the ticket - not only is the law there for your safety, but for the safety of otehrs. But if your tint is 35% in which it doesn't cause much loss in visibility and cops can still see in, then it's ridiculous.

What you really have to do is ask yourself if you really want the tint and if it's worth fighting over. If you say yes to either one of these, then take it to court.
Did you know that there was a case, (in FL I think) in which the guy didn't necessarily win the case, but he didn't really lose either. He pointed out that many cops, esp k-9 and undercover have tinted windows - as dark as 5%, or some even darker. So it was ok for them, but not for civilians? The judge made him take his tint off, threw away the ticket and then made the cops take the tint off as well.

You could something like that if you were really ____ed. Or, you can do like others have said, pay the ticket...
Old 02-28-2007, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Amoxapine
Originally Posted by seattledave
What you really have to do is ask yourself if you really want the tint and if it's worth fighting over. If you say yes to either one of these, then take it to court.
Did you know that there was a case, (in FL I think) in which the guy didn't necessarily win the case, but he didn't really lose either. He pointed out that many cops, esp k-9 and undercover have tinted windows - as dark as 5%, or some even darker. So it was ok for them, but not for civilians? The judge made him take his tint off, threw away the ticket and then made the cops take the tint off as well.
At the tint shop I work at (Bradenton, FL Gulf Coast side) we constantly use to have police coming in here wanting illegal tint. When we say we cant do it, they have 2 answers. First, that they are ABOVE THE LAW. No they are not. Especially marked police cars. The ONLY exception is when the car is not marked and is used for undercover purposes only, and they have a written notice by the Sheriff. 2nd excuse is, "I dont care about a warranty, I just want the limo tint".

If any tint shop uses a name brand film (Llumar, Madico) and installs it illegaly, that voids your warranty. If tinters and stupid customers continues to do this, police are going to crack down even more than they already are. We get people coming in everyday with fix it tickets. In FL, its $80 for the ticket. Then you have to pay for the removal of the tint. So for a average car, removal ALONE can be $115 at where I work.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

all the more reason to not tint the front windows unless your state allows so.

or just run 50% and then you are MUCH less likely to get pulled for it.

Quick Reply: Screw you Fix-It Ticket!!!