Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Sex Offenders

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Sex Offenders

Originally Posted by TheIcon
Can someone explain to me why sex offenders are singled out as people that have to put there address online and show it to the world? Im not saying what they did was right but I don't understand why it is only them. Sure I want to konw if I live next to a person that touches little girls/boys. I also would like to know if I live next to a person charged with armed robbery, selling drugs, attempted murder, spousal abuse, etc etc.
I agree.....i want to know who is in my nieghboorhood including sex offenders.
In my neighborhood I see kids unsupervised all the time playing, and who knows if there are any sex offenders, but even if there are irregardless its up to the parent to make sure they are watching thier kids.
but I think information should be made public about people who commit any crime against society.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by smokeydog001
It's because most sex offenders are liberal democrats and we don't want our kids to get their heads screwed up!

what about catholic priests? last time i looked they were rather conservative........
Old 03-03-2006, 07:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, but they're in uniform & easy to spot!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS
Scion Evolution

i find this thread rather interesting. overall, there seems to be a misunderstanding just what exactly is a sexual offender (as defined by law) -- which, also means there is a misunderstanding as to what constitutes sexual deviance.
both my parents are psychologist, and have an agency specifically dealing with sex offenders and victims of sex offenders.

the overall point is that sex offenders need to be held responsible for their actions. sex offenders are highly dangerous and require more intensive supervision and treatment interventions. it is important to note that despite myths of "stranger danger," the vast majority (80-90%) of sexually abused children are molested by family members, close friends, or acquaintances.

some community notification practices include an assessment of risk factors that have been associated with increased recidivism. different notification strategies are used according to the level of threat that an offender poses to a community. this is imperative so people can more effectively make informed decisions regarding the large number of identified sexual offenders. Broad notification can dilute the public's ability to identify and protect themselves from truly dangerous offenders.
Old 03-04-2006, 03:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

In some places around the world everytime you get a ticket, are arrested or stopped by "The Man" it is written in the local paper.

You get a speeding ticket everyone in town reads about it, peer pressure insues.

I think that if you break the law we should all know so we can keep an eye open so you don't do any harm to anyone else in the same manner.

Wouldn't you be embarrased if everyone in town knew you had been caught in the back seat? urinating in public? grabbing kids? stealing cars? speeding in front of a school?

the justice system doesn't work so why not try embarrassment and warn everyone in town?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by frogbox
In some places around the world everytime you get a ticket, are arrested or stopped by "The Man" it is written in the local paper.

You get a speeding ticket everyone in town reads about it, peer pressure insues.

I think that if you break the law we should all know so we can keep an eye open so you don't do any harm to anyone else in the same manner.

Wouldn't you be embarrased if everyone in town knew you had been caught in the back seat? urinating in public? grabbing kids? stealing cars? speeding in front of a school?

the justice system doesn't work so why not try embarrassment and warn everyone in town?
hey , hey , hey what's wrong with doing it in the back seat. unfair I say , UNFAIR. lol

seriously tho. lols