Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Should have called it "ScionLife.com-edy"

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 10:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Should have called it "ScionLife.com-edy"

I've read some pretty amusing posts here since I've gotten my tC, and the things that never cease to amaze me are as follows;

-Scion owners complaining about other Scion owners "ricing" out their cars, and in turn, the ever-present "omg I don't want my Scion to be the next Honda Civic". I hate to break it to ya, but the bottom line is this: The Scion brand was designed with the distinct intent that these cars would be modified/customized/personalized, thanks to the auto industry recognizing the flourishing import tuning market (and more importantly for them, the money to be made). Your car isn't potentially going to be the next Civic, it was DESIGNED AND MARKETED TO BE. Get over it. And while we're on the subject, please also note the following:

-a Scion is not a sports car. There aren't a whole lot of cars on the road that CAN'T take a stock Scion in a drag race, an auto cross event, whatever. These are economy priced vehicles marketed to a younger generation. If you want to put the time, effort, and money in, you can turn it into a performance vehicle. Otherwise, just accept the fact that you didn't buy an EVO or STi, but at the same time, you didn't pay as much for the car, you aren't paying as much for insurance, and you don't have to use premium gas.

-your car isn't unique or special compared to anyone else's Scion. I've seen a lot of people talking smack to each other on these boards, whether it be "dude, Super White is so much cooler than Flint Mica" or "the RS1.0 is so much cooler than the RS2.0". Hey, guess what? We're all driving the same basic cars, why do you get off on trying to talk down to someone who is driving a nearly identical vehicle with some minor cosmetic differences?

Just my little rant for the evening, feel free to add your own, curious to see what else you guys come up with...
Old 06-29-2006, 10:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

amen
Old 06-29-2006, 10:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

/\ /\ /\ x100
Old 06-29-2006, 11:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good to me, each to their own.
If you dont like how someone has "riced" their car then fair enough but they obviously like it so leave them to it.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I kind of get annoyed when I see dozens of tC's on the street. And I get more annoyed when I see tC's with biga$$ metal spoilers. But then I realize my tC looks better when compared to those and when I went to a scion meet and everyone had their own customizations it made me feel kinda good. I know that my car will still be similar to everyone elses but tweaked to my personality. Just like my body. We're all human, but "the main difference between you and me, I make this look good."
Old 06-29-2006, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Should have called it "ScionLife.com-edy"

-it's not the ride... it's the rider.

-black sand pearl is superior to all other colors...

and y ou suck. i win... get over it. so come to pa and buy a car from me... HAHAHA

it's a joke...
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Why dont they change the word "Rice" to say.. "Chocolate" that would be fun. :D
Old 07-06-2006, 01:00 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

c'mon guys, I know there has to be more...I've only been here for just over 50 posts and I've already noticed these things.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Skeorx13
I kind of get annoyed when I see dozens of tC's on the street. And I get more annoyed when I see tC's with biga$$ metal spoilers. But then I realize my tC looks better when compared to those and when I went to a scion meet and everyone had their own customizations it made me feel kinda good. I know that my car will still be similar to everyone elses but tweaked to my personality. Just like my body. We're all human, but "the main difference between you and me, I make this look good."
Agreed.
Old 07-06-2006, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ill-legal
c'mon guys, I know there has to be more...I've only been here for just over 50 posts and I've already noticed these things.
Once your on SL for 2+years you get used to that kind of talk, Everyone has their own tastes, I say do what you want to your car, who cares what other people think. If you customize your car just to please other people you won't be happy.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:07 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

valid point indeed. Just too bad that there isn't a little more respect amongst the people that own the same cars...can't we all just get along (and make fun of Hondas instead)?

just kiddin