Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Somthing to make you laugh.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Track tuned suspension
Forged wheels
Adjustable wing
Limited slip Diff
Catback exhaust
Tested at the Twin Ring Motegi racing circuit
Only 1,000 will ever be sold in the U.S.

1. This is the first true Mugen Honda sold in the u.s, of course its going to be expensive. Remember when the Type-R's first came?

2. If TRD came out with similar mods and testing for a tC or Toyota and priced it around $8-$10k above msrp of that car, no one would say crap on this forum.(given base Si's run between $20k-$22k)

3. They used the Sedan because in japan thats what they have, it tests better in a track environment in comparison to the Si coupe. Its also slightly lighter.

4. If you bought a base Si, than invested in Mugen parts and bought the parts this Si comes with, youd spend around the same if not more. (not with the 8k dealer mark up)

Now i will say the dealer mark up is ridiculous, but that can be talked down.

Its worth $30k.
Old 11-12-2007, 06:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

2. If TRD came out with similar mods and testing for a tC or Toyota and priced it around $8-$10k above msrp of that car, no one would say crap on this forum.
I would.

If all Toyota did was give a tC better suspension and overpriced bodykits and surfboard wings, and no extra power... I\'d laugh at it.

I don\'t care if they tested it on the moon. I\'m not paying $30,000 for a Civic when I can get a Lancer EVO that will eat it alive on ANY surface or race track, period.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. This is the first true Mugen Honda sold in the u.s, of course its going to be expensive. Remember when the Type-R\'s first came?
The Type-R was a big leap from the regular Integras we get here. The Mugen Civic SI is not.

4. If you bought a base Si, than invested in Mugen parts and bought the parts this Si comes with, youd spend around the same if not more. (not with the 8k dealer mark up)
Not if all you did was the suspension work. I doubt that alone would cost over $2,000 TOPS. What jacked up the price was the ricer body kits. Now if they put the S2000\'s engine, then it\'d be justified.

Jeeze for $10,000?! They can do alot better than that.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nobody is telling you to buy the car, so stop saying you wouldnt buy it.

its a nice car for what it is, and the value is there, and will remain there for sure.. its a MUGEN SI!!!

TRD in no way shape or form is even close to being on the same pages as MUGEN, Tom's comes close, but still not quite. TRD is more like HFP, which is crap, and no one will buy a HFP'd car, they had the EP3's done up by HFP, and they didnt sell that well, however the 1000 Mugen Si's will be, if not all ready sold out for sure, look at them, its a freaking sports sedan.

and performance mods are not really necessary imho, the k20 is a very strong motor as is, the suspension is all ready modded for you, and will keep up with the like of an EVO i am sure.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by \"tC9o9\"
and will keep up with the like of an EVO i am sure.
The EVO rapes the S2000 around Nurburgring so what makes you think the Mugen Civic SI is going to do any better? Civic SI > S2000? You\'re dreaming.

The EVO also went around TopGear\'s track faster than an NSX-R, so you\'re going to say the Mugen Civic is also > NSX ? LOL!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no... however it comes down to driver skill, i have ridden the a$$ of a 350z on a canyon run, and have done the same with a WRX and many other cars of "higher" value and class.

i am in a tC, with basically nothing done to it, just suspension.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no... however it comes down to driver skill
You\'re right and I have no doubt that the drivers who drove around Nurburgring, the Stig and Twin Ring are real pros. They don\'t just let any noob off the streets drive there. Now if the pros can\'t even make an NSX-R catch an EVO, what makes you think a noob in a Civic SI can catch an EVO?
Old 11-12-2007, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can.. and i am not that good of a driver.

i have raced my tC on the track a couple of times, and obviously the car gets eaten by those kinda cars, but they are in different classes, just because a car is 30k, doesnt mean it is in the same class, or should even be compared to a car of the same value.

thats like saying my friends moms fully loaded Toyota Sienna XLE should be able to keep up with a EVO... just because they are both 30k doesnt mean squat.

if you dont like the car, you dont like it. trust when i say this, i dont care, and neither does Honda..
Old 11-12-2007, 07:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i can..
Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

So if you were to drive the Civic SI around the Nurburgring, you\'ll somehow defeat a veteran race car driver driving the EVO?

Oh brother!!!!!!11
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i am talking from experience.

i have raced an evo at the local canyons, and kept up with him the whole time, tailgaiting him through every turn, turn in turn out, he never got further then maybe three cars in front, and that was only on the straights.

the evo was stock, all i had was coilovers and my 245's.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

and i can see this is going to go no where, so i am ending this right now.

g'night
Old 11-12-2007, 07:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Don\'t forget to turn off your Playstation.

LOL!
Old 11-12-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Btw there is another thread about the Honda Civic Mugen edition in the Off Topic All Other vehicles thread

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=198624

Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

there is a mugen civic at the honda dealership near me. There is no way i would spend the $38,000 to buy the car.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Fan boys are going to be fan boys i guess.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I consider myself a Toyota fanboy.

But I'd be an idiot if I were to buy a tC for an extra $10,000 just because it has suspension mods, bodykit and tested on Mars.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Ukno0003
there is a mugen civic at the honda dealership near me. There is no way i would spend the $38,000 to buy the car.
Exactly. I wouldn't even pay msrp for it. The reason why I considered it earlier is because I didn't know it was that expensive.

Cars with upgraded bodykits, suspension and a catback are not worth paying $10,000 more.

So it was tuned for Twin-ring... yeah, I'm going to FedEx my car to Japan, fly over there and go to Twinring to truly enjoy its potential

This car is marketted to the JDM fools. There are people out there who will pay $500 for a JDM windshield wiper and $200 for JDM tire valve covers.

Oooooh, it's JDM... watch out Mr. Mustang, my new JDM floormats and tail lights will help me smoke you

I'd rather buy this car for about $7,000 less and rape that Civic six ways to sunset.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

like i said earlier, nobody is telling you to buy it, so stop saying you wouldnt pay that much, or wouldnt buy it.

nobody is laughing but you.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by cwayne
Originally Posted by Ukno0003
Exactly. I wouldn't even pay msrp for it. The reason why I considered it earlier is because I didn't know it was that expensive.

Cars with upgraded bodykits, suspension and a catback are not worth paying $10,000 more.

So it was tuned for Twin-ring... yeah, I'm going to FedEx my car to Japan, fly over there and go to Twinring to truly enjoy its potential

This car is marketted to the JDM fools. There are people out there who will pay $500 for a JDM windshield wiper and $200 for JDM tire valve covers.

Oooooh, it's JDM... watch out Mr. Mustang, my new JDM floormats and tail lights will help me smoke you

I'd rather buy this car for about $7,000 less and rape that Civic six ways to sunset.
I agree with the jdm statement in terms of useless parts, however Mugen is a respected company, no matter if you like honda or hate honda. The Mugen Si is a nice car, and is worth what you are paying. (30k not 38k) Any car manufacture that has a special edition of a particular model is going to bump the price up. JCW, Saleen, Mugen, TRD, etc.

The appearance of the Si is realitive, some hate it some love it. The performance aspect is geared towards cornering and not 1/4 or any other form of drag. Thats what Mugen has always leaned towards. The fact that there will only be 1,000 made, makes it rare. Granted the thought of a "rare honda" is a bit odd to most, but it doesnt change the fact that it adds a bit of personal value.

I bet that Mazda wouldnt "rape" or even "kill" the Mugen Si in the corners.

So you are one Toyota Fan that wouldnt buy a trd tC, how much you want to bet half the people talking crap about this Si would love a trd tC? Remember the Spec tC? I thought that was a load of crap but hey, there are people who bought them anyway.

For the Top Gear comments, The Stig is legend. Top Gear is legend.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh, btw nothing on the car is JDM.

all the mugen parts will only fit the USDM civics, they do not make the same body style in japan, so obviously they will not be selling parts that do not fit the car.

JDM = japanese domestic market, which means to be JDM they must sell the parts in japan.

Quick Reply: Somthing to make you laugh.