Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Somthing to make you laugh.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Civic SI isn't too great of a car to me anyways ... so I don't understand why they would put it in Z range, it wouldn't beat one ... sorry, but we all know it's true. Hell, that's almost g37 range and you can get luxury AND speed AND relative rarity! Oh well. I guess it's ok. But I thought they were only in red ... ???
Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by jovan_gonzales
Civic SI isn't too great of a car to me anyways ... so I don't understand why they would put it in Z range, it wouldn't beat one ... sorry, but we all know it's true. Hell, that's almost g37 range and you can get luxury AND speed AND relative rarity! Oh well. I guess it's ok. But I thought they were only in red ... ???
The G37 is over priced. It has 330hp weighs 3,682lbs which puts the 0-60 time in the 5's. Not saying its not a pretty damn quick car but people make it sound like its incredible.

Handling in the g37 is bull too.

The Z is okay, but buyers of this Si are interested in the Si, not what they can get for their money. It targets certain buyers and these will sell if they havent already sold most of them. Not to mention, for another few thousand for kpro, tuning, itb's and other mods the k-series comes alive and strong.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances
The G37 is over priced. It has 330hp weighs 3,682lbs which puts the 0-60 time in the 5's. Not saying its not a pretty damn quick car but people make it sound like its incredible.

The Z is okay, but buyers of this Si are interested in the Si, not what they can get for their money. It targets certain buyers and these will sell if they havent already sold most of them. Not to mention, for another few thousand for kpro, tuning, itb's and other mods the k-series comes alive and strong.
Aren't the g37/Z times in the low 5s? As in close to 5 (like 5.1ish)? I am pretty sure they are, and that's a pretty big deal considering its a V6 and there aren't a whole lot of cars that can deliver times like that for a "small" price. Either way, that SI is just too overpriced, and it sure won't come close to the performance of cars in that price range IMO.

I will agree however that with the right suspension mods, etc, the K-series is a great motor, i guess I just like 'em a little more torquey and the VQ (just using this one for comparisons) has a great acceleration, and tons of torque.

You are right though, the SI Mugen was aimed at a certain kind of person and it will definitely sell to those people, I just can't see how at such a price premium over the regular SI.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by cwayne
I consider myself a Toyota fanboy.

But I'd be an idiot if I were to buy a tC for an extra $10,000 just because it has suspension mods, bodykit and tested on Mars.
to late man, you've established your self as an idiot in almost EVERY thread you have posted in. do yourself and everyone here a favor and delete your scionlife account, you are a waste. period end of story. nothing constructive EVER comes from your posts. and for a 32 year old man you should act like that. do something worth your time. you are rediculous. nobody cars what you think about his car or any car.... or anyTHING. peace out loser.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^ Ouch, lol. But he deserved it.

ANYWAYS...

The Mugen si is a good buy @ 30k, not a penny more. To whomever said the sedan weighs more than the coupe is wrong. the coupe is 60 LBS less.

Well, IF we could get this over here, all you EVO fanboys would crap yourself. This IS priced at 38k, and has 240 hp ALL MOTOR, and is lighter. Honda Civic Type- RR:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uJg_EZ6kcdA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XnqZlhce_fk

http://www.egmcartech.com/2007/09/18...in-10-minutes/
Old 11-13-2007, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ouch. But you KNOW if they did slap on 10K of mods to a tC, there would be lots of buyers ... oh well, some people just don't know, so I guess you can justify the huge price hike for SI lovers...
Old 11-13-2007, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Whocares05050

ANYWAYS...

The Mugen si is a good buy @ 30k, not a penny more. To whomever said the sedan weighs more than the coupe is wrong. the coupe is 60 LBS less.

Well, IF we could get this over here, all you EVO fanboys would crap yourself. This IS priced at 38k, and has 240 hp ALL MOTOR, and is lighter. Honda Civic Type- RR:

I WOULD DRIVE THAT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
Originally Posted by Whocares05050

ANYWAYS...

I WOULD DRIVE THAT ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
I knew i wasnt the only one!
Old 11-13-2007, 05:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

any day man.... any friggen day, that thing owns anything scion. im sorry. its pure sexyness on wheels.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That was me about the weight, sorry for the misinformation. For some reason i thought the sedan was lighter than the coupe.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by killerxromances

Aren't the g37/Z times in the low 5s? As in close to 5 (like 5.1ish)? I am pretty sure they are, and that's a pretty big deal considering its a V6 and there aren't a whole lot of cars that can deliver times like that for a "small" price. Either way, that SI is just too overpriced, and it sure won't come close to the performance of cars in that price range IMO.

I will agree however that with the right suspension mods, etc, the K-series is a great motor, i guess I just like 'em a little more torquey and the VQ (just using this one for comparisons) has a great acceleration, and tons of torque.

You are right though, the SI Mugen was aimed at a certain kind of person and it will definitely sell to those people, I just can't see how at such a price premium over the regular SI.
The premium price isnt that bad. If you look at real Mugen (non-rip off) parts, they are expensive, and worth it. To a degree you are paying for the name, but the quality is pure and the performance over stock is just as good as any other well respected company. Its not like TRD for instance, where you pay xxx or x,xxx for a certain part when you could have spent less, for a better part and sometimes better quality.

The 350z is rated at 5.5-5.7 seconds.
I cant find any 0-60 info for the g37 but my guess would be mid 5's as well based on what the z can do. Maybe as low as 5.3.

Edit: To add to that.

Mugen Si 0-60: 6.4-6.7

So its roughly a second slower 0-60mph.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by \"davedavetC\"
Originally Posted by \"cwayne\"
I consider myself a Toyota fanboy.

But I\'d be an idiot if I were to buy a tC for an extra $10,000 just because it has suspension mods, bodykit and tested on Mars.
to late man, you\'ve established your self as an idiot in almost EVERY thread you have posted in. do yourself and everyone here a favor and delete your scionlife account, you are a waste. period end of story. nothing constructive EVER comes from your posts. and for a 32 year old man you should act like that. do something worth your time. you are rediculous. nobody cars what you think about his car or any car.... or anyTHING. peace out loser.
Looks like I struck a ricer\'s nerve. LOL!!! The opinion of a cretin doesn\'t bother me one bit, keep it coming
Old 11-13-2007, 08:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

\"any day man.... any friggen day, that thing owns anything scion. im sorry. its pure sexyness on wheels.\"

*cough*RICER*cough*

Looks like me alergies are back.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

\"But you KNOW if they did slap on 10K of mods to a tC, there would be lots of buyers ... \"

I doubt it. Longo Toyota has a modified tC being sold for $39,000. It\'s been sitting on the lot for months now, it\'s an 06 model too.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

They should have at least brought the JDM civic (or the acura csx look) with the Mugen Kit.
Old 11-13-2007, 02:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by cwayne
\"any day man.... any friggen day, that thing owns anything scion. im sorry. its pure sexyness on wheels.\"

*cough*RICER*cough*

Looks like me alergies are back.
LOL RICER, your a funny guy.

you should probably look up the term before you start using it... hasnt your mother ever told you that if yuou dont know what a word means dont use it unless you absolutely know what it means.

heres a crash course for you, you dumb a$$:

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement

therefor a ricer would be someone who mods there car to make it look faster then it is. none of my modifications indicate that i think/act that my car is fast because it looks fast i would say about 90% of the mods done are functional. ie. H&R coilovers, H&R sway bar, lightweight 17s with sticky tires, no body kit, no neons, no wing, nothing that indicates a ricer. you sir are retarded (whoops i didnt mean to insult you... oh wait yes i did.) you think everything you say is correct when its not
learn your **** before you open your mouth (or in this case move your fingers)

and btw yea the wing on the civic is a little big but my guess would be HONDA/MUGEN wouldnt have put it on unless it was FUNCTIONAL.

dumbasss

now 1 more tip for you.... LOG OFF AND DONT LOG BACK ON
Old 11-13-2007, 02:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

this thing will be a collectible later on so i wouldn't mine getting it, i wouldn't be surprised if in coupe of years people will be offering ____ load of money for this because it will be rare.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

\"heres a crash course for you, you dumb a$$:

Race
Inspired
Cosmetic
Enhancement \"

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!

You are an idiot

A big fat rear wing to put some weight on the back of a FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CAR. Wow, how that must help improve traction. What a dumb fat oaf.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

oh man you obviously dont knwo what YOU are talking about. first of if you knew anything about this stuff you would know thats teh proper meaning of "r.i.c.e" and then once you know the meaning of a word then you can use it correctly.

and for the record that pic you posed EXACTLY represents yourself.

and p.s. whether its front wheel drive or not, im willing to put my money on it saying that the modifications that honda/mugen did with that si is functional.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by davedavetC
honda/mugen did with that si is functional.
There is a function for that huge wing, and that's to lure idiotic ricers like you.
Strip out all the rice modifications done to that car and I'm willing to bet you'll knock out $9,000 from its over inflated price.

Honda knows rice sells, so they take advantage of ricers like you.

Quick Reply: Somthing to make you laugh.