Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

sorry just Venting

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default sorry just Venting

anyone else feel like there job is to be the _____ at work? i mean my bosses forget to do ____ and tell me ____, and when ____ hits the fan the blames is always laid directly upon me. so i am the reason the customer is unhappy.. yet my customers tell me they wouldnt buy from us if i werent here and swear by me.. time and time again, the blame is laid upon me.. and after a while it just sucks life right out of me, makes me over stressed and just hate everything.. im also ____ing ____ed of about or lunch situation, if i really wanted to i could screw my boss over bad.. he doesnt let us take breaks for lunch or even 15 minute, why we dont complain is he buys his lunch.. but since im always the _____ i dont get to eat my lunch till 3 to 4 or sometimes even 5 hours after i get it.. so anything that i eat that has grease in it, its already become solid.. everyone else here isnt disturbed until they are done.. im ____ing fed up, and really feel like i need to go ____ing hostile here..

SORRY VENTING, i cant vent on anyone else. cause im not a douche, i do my job and i keep my mouth shut..
Old 02-11-2008, 10:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where the hell do you work? And, why the hell are you still there?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

go find a new job... i had a boss like that... but i got lucky and took over her spot... she tried bribing us but it didnt work out so well and her boss caught her sneaking out with her friends to go shopping while shes on the clock... haha... im not telling u to rattle them out... or call whoever is higher in command... and tell them what they are doing... so they would get fired and u can take their spot.. just tellin u what could happen... but u never know what will happen =P sooner or later ur boss is gonna be gone
Old 02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thought there was a law where bosses have to let their employees take breaks...
Old 02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

(pretend i'm your boss)

i know things have been tough around here lately and i've been pushing you more than i should and blaming you for problems that are either beyond your control or not your responsibility, but we really appreciate your hard work and dedication here at (insert company name here) and want you to know that your a valued member here, not just because of your clientelle, attention to detail and fantastic public relations manner but because of integrity and amazing work ethic. to show our gratitude, i hereby award you a firm handshake and a friendly pat on the back.

there, do you feel better now? lol.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the problem there is no one to even tell on.. my Boss is the Owner of this place.. where i work is the place in my signature.. and the only reason (well a few), why im still here.. the money is decent.. i have job security, and i get a really good discount.. i dont want a pat on the back or any of that crap.. i want the stupid ____er's here to accept their mistakes and not put them on me..
Old 02-11-2008, 11:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Killface
Where the hell do you work? And, why the hell are you still there?
Boss = owner. Good for him, bad for you. Don't stay there for the next 10 years helping him out if he does not appreciate it.

What kind of work do you do? Customer service? What company/product?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sales, when i started here 3 years ago, i was in shipping/recieving.. and liked it then. i sell performance auto parts. (non-comission).. been loyal the whole 3 years.. sell most of the brand names for domestic and some import parts..
Old 02-11-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Its Cali State law I thought if you work an 8-hour shift you are BY law to take a 10min. break every 2-hrs and take a lunch before 5-hours.

That sucks....I have had jobs like that!.....My current job Sucks-A$$!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ very true California labor laws.

But also that trick that your boss is doing by "buying you lunch" Is actually a trick many corporate companies use to increases work performance and time efficiency

What they do is they say they "buy you lunch" But in turn you will still be at your work station, "waiting" for your lunch. Which in turn if the boss didnt pay for your lunch and you left, he would lose the whole "hour" of lunch they are required to give. So instead the guy increases efficiency by getting u a 4 dollar lunch, and having it brought to you, so that in reality, you don't eat till you complete what you are doing at the current moment. And also while you are eating it probly only will take 15 mins max to consume your lunch. So your boss is getting more work out of your for probly less than what he pays for you an hour.

Unless that guy is willing to buy you lunch and pay you for the hour also. that wuold be a plus.

But ____ that, if i had a choice i would tell him or ask him when lunch time comes around to goto a place where u can only eat it there Or if you have the guts i guess you could just pull his card im sure your an asset to your company.

Good Luck!

Sorry if its a little rambled, im still hung over from last night and its 6 pm ! Woo hoo time to get off!!!
Old 02-12-2008, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow that sounds pretty crappy I would start looking for a job somewhere else if that were the case!!
Old 02-13-2008, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've worked at the same dealership for going on 3 years. For the first 2 I was in sales. My customers loved me, I always had a CSI (customer satisfaction index) score of at LEAST a 98 the whole time. The hours and inconsistant pay were really stressing me out so when I heard of an opening in the accounting office I jumped all over it. Well, one of the girls that had been here for 8 years transfered to a different dealership (same family) because the office manager is a coocoo bird, then the girl I replaced had been here for 10 and quit for the same reason, THEN another girl that had been here for 4 years quit... same reason... and last week we lost another girl that had been here for 8 years... I have been talked down to, treated like an idiot, I've had papers just tossed at me and I've been ready to walk quite a few time. I actually had to call for help and I got it. A lady from our home office came in and retrained her on how to do things and spent time with each of us so we know what's going on... and an amazing thing happened! The office manager stopped getting stressed out, she knows what she's doing and for the first time in YEARS everyone is getting along. I know that you said that your boss is also the owner. You also said that you have been there for 3 years. Think about all of that. Your boss is probably really stressed out, has a ton weighing on his shoulders. Can you even imagine how hard it must be to own a business? I can't. He's probably just freaking out. Maybe his costs are exceeding his profits. Maybe he needs to hire a few more people because he's understaffed but he's affraid that if he does he's going to screw up the balance he's got financially. If the man has been cool for the past three years and is all the sudden a big bouquet of Summer's Eve, maybe he's having a hard time. I wouldn't just quit my job because someone is freaking out. I always say that its better to go with the devil you know than the devil you don't.

oh, and for the record... I haven't taken a lunch break in the 3 months that I've been back in accounting. And yes. Sometimes I get fed.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
teamNJCT
Fresh Crew
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nzaw4
^ very true California labor laws.

But also that trick that your boss is doing by "buying you lunch" Is actually a trick many corporate companies use to increases work performance and time efficiency

What they do is they say they "buy you lunch" But in turn you will still be at your work station, "waiting" for your lunch. Which in turn if the boss didnt pay for your lunch and you left, he would lose the whole "hour" of lunch they are required to give. So instead the guy increases efficiency by getting u a 4 dollar lunch, and having it brought to you, so that in reality, you don't eat till you complete what you are doing at the current moment. And also while you are eating it probly only will take 15 mins max to consume your lunch. So your boss is getting more work out of your for probly less than what he pays for you an hour.

Unless that guy is willing to buy you lunch and pay you for the hour also. that wuold be a plus.

But flip that, if i had a choice i would tell him or ask him when lunch time comes around to goto a place where u can only eat it there Or if you have the guts i guess you could just pull his card im sure your an asset to your company.

Good Luck!

Sorry if its a little rambled, im still hung over from last night and its 6 pm ! Woo hoo time to get off!!!
That's why you just sit there and do nothing for the whole hour. If anyone asks, just simply say you're on your lunch break and are waiting for your food to be delivered to you.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so yesterday i was sick, i caught a cold.. and felt like ____ all day.. i tried going home, but was told i wasnt allowed.. and today i call in sick, and they try and guilt trip me.. but i am really sick..
im really tired of it all.. i think its time to get a new job..
Old 02-15-2008, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be P.O'd. I had a boss once that was a total jerk. My at time in-laws sent tickets for everyone to fly to GA to visit for Christmas. I told him that I had surprise tickets and I had to leave. He told me that if I went that I wouldn't have a job when I came back. I told him that I was going and he yelled at me and told me "This is the life you've chosen for yoursel." HORSE PUCKY! I went. and you know what? When I got back, I still had a job... and in about 3 months I got promoted...

Hope you feel better so you can enjoy your weekend!
Old 02-15-2008, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have ways to enjoy my weekend.. i just get ____ed, cause it seems this job is really getting me know where in life.. just gives me enough to live and support the job.. a little stuck
Old 02-15-2008, 07:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dude i'm going through something similair at work that tuesday i just got there and gave my 2 weeks notice cause they don't want to give me more hours or a raise and i always get called to go in when others decide not to go in. they keep taking advantage so i said i quit(but once my 2 weeks are over). and my boss was like no don't leave oh well, he should of thought about it when i asked for a raise or more hrs.
Old 02-15-2008, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have plenty of hours about 55+ a week, and decent pay.,. i just get treated like ____.. and i do my job without _____ing.. thats why im venting here and not to my co-workers
Old 02-29-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get a college education and then no problems. And no an associates degree, online school, or trade does not count.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:15 PM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice two week bump noob

Quick Reply: sorry just Venting