Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Spot the rice and taters ... (56k, Fugeddaboutit)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 11:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

Originally Posted by Scibox
Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Originally Posted by SuchaCleanTC
Originally Posted by Ro_Ja
have some damn respect for the culture.
THANK YOU
seriously, hate it if you must, but dont knock the scene and culture. I hate a lot of things that dudes do to their scions, but Im not gonna bash the crap outta them, it's a scene and a lot of people do it. get over it.
I agree. I think that bB is pretty sweet. The Bosozoku styling is supposed to be off the wall, and it excels in that.
1) Each is entitled to his own opinion.

2) Ricers have their own culture, so respect it also. Don't preach or talk about respect if you're not gonna follow the same rule.

3) Again, everything that comes out of Japan is NOT JDM and isn't "sick" or "badass", get over it.

It seems to me that evertime there's a trend going on over in Japan, all of you kids jump on the bandwagon. Whatever happened to individuality? Then once that trend is over and you're broke as hell from trying to keep up, you're stuck with a car that is no longer "in fashion". I understand that everyone wants to be part of the "in crowd" or the latest trend, but how about you come up with something a little more original? I don't have to respect the scene or the cuture from where it originated. If I think it looks like crap, then I'm gonna say so. Quit getting all butt hurt when no one else wants to share the same opinion about a style or trend that you do.
So does this mean you are getting back in the saddle?
Old 03-24-2008, 11:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats why i went with the clean look no one ever bags one that look
Old 03-24-2008, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
DelMarVa

Originally Posted by SEXB909
Just WOW! I have no clue where to begin. Im just speechless. Who the hell told this foo that this looked ok or be driven legally in the street.

is it me or does it say "vtech" on the back wing? he is flying alright
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

Originally Posted by Scibox
Originally Posted by burstaneurysm
Originally Posted by Big_Bird
Originally Posted by SuchaCleanTC
have some damn respect for the culture.
THANK YOU
seriously, hate it if you must, but dont knock the scene and culture. I hate a lot of things that dudes do to their scions, but Im not gonna bash the crap outta them, it's a scene and a lot of people do it. get over it.
I agree. I think that bB is pretty sweet. The Bosozoku styling is supposed to be off the wall, and it excels in that.
1) Each is entitled to his own opinion.

2) Ricers have their own culture, so respect it also. Don't preach or talk about respect if you're not gonna follow the same rule.

3) Again, everything that comes out of Japan is NOT JDM and isn't "sick" or "badass", get over it.

It seems to me that evertime there's a trend going on over in Japan, all of you kids jump on the bandwagon. Whatever happened to individuality? Then once that trend is over and you're broke as hell from trying to keep up, you're stuck with a car that is no longer "in fashion". I understand that everyone wants to be part of the "in crowd" or the latest trend, but how about you come up with something a little more original? I don't have to respect the scene or the cuture from where it originated. If I think it looks like crap, then I'm gonna say so. Quit getting all butt hurt when no one else wants to share the same opinion about a style or trend that you do.
And I was just stating my opinion,

I like the bosozuka style, it is absolutley retarded and has no functioanl use, but it's different and I like it. I think a lot of the Japanese styles are retarded as hell aswell.

And I follow no one's "style" or "what's in" I could care less what is "cool," I do what I want and dont care what other's think. My box looks like no other out there. One looks tells you I have a problem staying with one colour and mix and match parts like it's my job.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ricers have a culture? show me a ricer website, i'd love to read/look at their forums (i'm not being sarcastic btw)
Old 03-25-2008, 02:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by xdorkx
ricers have a culture? show me a ricer website, i'd love to read/look at their forums (i'm not being sarcastic btw)
I believe its called eBay.com
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here's an interior picture of that Bosozoku xB. I still can't believe someone posted it on this thread thinking it was rice...

(sorry for the big picture)

Old 03-25-2008, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

wtf!
Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i would sit in that xb for some sake.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:15 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

different it is but it is all about different styles
Old 03-25-2008, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you should see it in person

Old 03-25-2008, 03:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang, not quite my style, but VERY beautiful and very well done!
Old 03-25-2008, 05:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
TOCC
SL Member

that saturn I believe has 4 or 5 wings on it, 2 on the hood, its been posted before
Old 03-25-2008, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Here's an interior picture of that Bosozoku xB. I still can't believe someone posted it on this thread thinking it was rice...

(sorry for the big picture)

That's pretty incredible.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Some people dont know what rice is, and instead assume that almost everything is rice, even when its not.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I like bozo-style jap cars. They are fun, but the last one doesn't look real bozo to me. Looks more like a modified VIP/JDM thing. It's still nice. I always thought RICE was awfully done, bad taste, huge wings, mismatched rims, ect.

Anyway here's my contribution today. . . I was on my way to a book store and I see this, my heart dies a little when I see things like this. Especially where I live. When I used to live in California I saw cars like this all the time. No biggy, but what kills it for me is that it's a tC. I'm starting just now to get used to Honda's looking like poop around here, but couldn't the Scion crowd be a little more decent? Well here's the poop. . .

Notice the huge wing on the back end and the mismatched rims. I'm depressed now.
Old 03-25-2008, 03:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
1UP Crew
SL Member

^maybe their front tire blew and they used the stockie as a spare? but theres no excuse for the wing....
Old 03-25-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I laugh sometimes at the dealer carshows. all the tC's sound like Civics these days. bing bing bada bing...

edit: who said Bosozuku is the "latest" rage in Japan. since when? the 80's? Bosozuku has been around a long time since they are essentially street gangs. that "look" is an exaggerated race car design. Straight from the comic books if you will. basically everything you guys are considering to be r!cey. I like and applaud the design of that xB. the interior is clean and tastful. I can relate to it's design. I have attended a few Auto salons and an Auto gallery in Tokyo. Car really are built from that type of inspiration.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ It was me who said that. I meant (and thought it was implied) to say that the style of car modification is really gaining momentum recently, not the bozozuku scene as a whole.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OMG.....i have the perfect photo for this thread. i wish i had the cable for my iphone...

just imagine this, a 97 beige altima with fluorescent orange hand painted (like by a 3rd grader) pin stripe and a fluorescent park bench sitting on the truck.

and flames.

ill get it on here eventually.

Quick Reply: Spot the rice and taters ... (56k, Fugeddaboutit)