Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Spray on bed liners

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Spray on bed liners

I just bought a 1987 Jeep Cherokee and I am putting a 4.5" suspension lift and a 2" body lift with 33's and am wanting to build a custom brush gaurd and all. Anyways I want to Spray the whole body of the Jeep a red color and do the interior floorboards and roof in black while diamond plating the door panels.

Does anyone know a good place or someone that does this cheap locally? I can get a kit on ebay that would do the entire inside and outside for under 300 counting the 2 Spray guns and multiple colors plus additional materials.

Has anyone used this in the past? Anyone have pictures of this done on any other vehicles?? I have seen one locally done but never up close. Let me know your honest opinion. I am not going for a show truck I only want something that I can go through brush and trees without worrying about paint and then just clean with a power washer.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2007, 11:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've never done it, but a lot of people go to a professional place, like Rhino Liners or Line-X. It might be more than what you could do it for, but at least they won't be learning on your vehicle like you would be.

You want to spray the entire body of the Jeep? Thats going to look like crap, in my opinion. But if thats what you want, then have fun. Post some pics when done ok?
Old 03-30-2007, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I have seen it done in the past and if its done right and smooth then it looks actually not too bad. And I am not going for a show car here I just want a jeep that I can take through Brush, weeds, trees and not worry about scratching the paint to hell. I am hoping to do the entire body of the jeep in Red with Black Brush gaurd and black or greay interior and headliner
Old 03-30-2007, 05:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just find the Line-X website and that should have a dealer locater function. Find the closest 2 or 3 around you and call. I don't remember if Line-X or Rhino has the better choice for colors, but I'll swear by Line-X based on past use.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Line x does no colors and they charge 6.5 dollars a sq ft.

I found this link I believe I will be going with SEM product and I can get all the products for 250bucks locally to do the exterior in red. The brush gaurd and fenders in black and the interior in Grey

http://www.ford-trucks.com/article/i...Bed_Liner.html