Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

This was such BS.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 02:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

Default This was such BS.

So my girlfriend just bought a used car on Monday night. Last night she came over and after she got here she was complaining that the driver's seat was making her back hurt (very little lumbar support).

I told her I'd drive it around the block to see if there's a better way to adjust the seat so it's better. That's when things got stupid.

I passed a cop, then saw the cop turn around. Since I was only planning on going around the block, I turned, and they turned, then I turned again and their lights went on. So I pulled over. The officer asked for my license and insurance, and as I was getting it out of my wallet I asked "what seems to be the problem?" to which she responded, "I'll tell you after I see your license and insurance."

I handed it over to her and she goes "when you passed me, you had your brights on" (I'm quite sure I didn't, but I apologized anyway) and then she says "when I ran your plates, they didn't match the car."
I informed her that my girlfriend got the car the previous night and the plate transfer may not have gone through yet. She said that it looked as if I was trying to avoid her by turning the corner (well, I was) but I replied, "well, my girlfriend asked me to drive the car around the block, so that what I was doing, I live right over there" (I was pulled over 300 feet from my street). Her response "oh, duh."

She asked if I had any proof of title or anything... at this point, I was worried, because I didn't think there was anything, but luckily, the bill of sale was in the glovebox. I hand it to her. She says "I'm going to take this and verify it, sit tight... how's your driving record by the way?" Well, I had been pulled over and issued a speeding ticket back in September, but according to the paperwork I was given, I was under supervision for 90 days at which point the ticket would be wiped clear... it's been four months, so I replied "it's clean".

When she comes back, she said "Okay, this all checked out, but you lied to me about your record." I try to explain the situation about the 90 days, and she goes "well, it's still there. In any case, you've been nice so I'll cut you a break." Awesome. Then she hands me a $30 ticket for 'improper lighting.'

Sorry, but that's BS, first off, I'm quite confident my brights weren't on, and issuing a ticket isn't cutting you a break. In fact, I'm not sure if she could've issued anything more severe as I really didn't do anything wrong. Either way, that was pretty bogus.

TL:DR - I got a $30 ticket for (supposedly) driving with my brights on.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Thats messed up bro! Id be defintely finding out about that ticket that was upposed to clear though.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats crap. i would be rather mad.
Old 01-13-2010, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what kind of car? also, while you may not of had your brights on, maybe check and make sure they're properly aimed which could give the appearance of having brights on.

but yeah, overall, that blows. sucks that you try to do something nice for your girl, and some female cop comes and busts your *****.
Old 01-13-2010, 03:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Heh, I got the same "looked like you were trying to get away from me" from a cop a few years back. Long -> short: My g/f lived two blocks north of me. I lived on a one way. So going right, right, left, left IS the shortest way home.

He said the "..getting away.." part, I pointed at my apartment, and he was like "Oh, well you ran that stop sign back there." Total BS because I saw him before making my first turn.

Perhaps you could go to the cop shop, explain the situation (new car, not your car, trying to help the g/f) and get it dropped.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

I considered fighting it, but it's only 30 bucks... not sure it's worth my time.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

that sucks i dunno about where u are but.. here in texas we drive with highs on if u have a lowbeam out..
Old 01-15-2010, 01:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

thats sucks.... my chevy has had a light out for a month now..and i drive everywhere with the high beams on... lol
good luck man