Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Talking While Driving Increases Risk of Crash by 400%

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Soulquarian
... but being on a cell phone talking doesn't automatically equate stupidity.. .
Exactly what I said. And my post should have been taken slightly tongue-in-cheek.

... Saying people are 100% the problem is a bit of a scapegoat because it implies that only stupid people get in accidents. That's not true at all.
I think you misunderstood what I said - I said stupid people are the problem, not that they are the only ones in accidents.

As soon as we agree to outlaw stupid people so many problems will be solved.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

ooooops
Old 12-23-2008, 08:27 PM
ZTC
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by AcidDrop
^LOL, he's mad because in the other thread about the car accident/death they where saying that he was because of street racing and how it kills people, which i will agree it is true but instead of blaming it at other things just accept the fact that the person died from street racing and not while talking on the phone because then they would have not been speeding.
I think you've missed the entire point of my replies, but that's ok. Public School education ain't what it used to be!

Street racing is almost always claimed to be the ultimate evil that can be done in cars on these forums, when in actuality, there are things we do everyday all the time that are far worse, i.e. talking (whether it be on a cell, bluetooth, or the person next to you). I have nothing to be mad about, because I don't street race, but I think it's silly to call people stupid and idiotic for street racing when statistically they're safer doing that than I am on my way to class driving the speed limit.

I didn't imply that the blame should be shifted, or anything of the sort. I just don't like people using scare tactics and false information as facts

i dont agree with you but i do believe drugs are death
Old 12-23-2008, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^true.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

nnnnnnnnooooooooooottttttttttttttt aaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllll dddddddddrrrrrrrruuuuuuuugggggggggsssssssssssss
Old 12-23-2008, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I do not Drink Alcohol or do Illegal Narcotics (anymore) so I can say form exp. it's def. a killer. I am really not interested enough in the topic to argue my disagreements and defend you focusing on me rather than the article and thinking it's poop I so far have stayed out of the issues in trying to figure you out and question your personality all but for maybe your age. When I was in my early 20's I thought I knew allot as well. You can blah, blah all you like. My life exp. is more valuable than any statistic. Not because the statistic is wrong. But because the life experience I have has been with my eyes wide open. But you don't know me so I would say don;t take my word for it.

Shallow view? Maybe... since I am the only one I know best. I have no blind spots in what is a realistic plane of view for driving on a daily basis in the highway or street.

I appreciate your post. But I think it sounds allot worse than it is or some of the other subjects are at a much higher % than using a headset. I think your post kind of gives an exaggerated feeling when like I keep saying there are allot worse things you can do wile driving. No that most people do as I write.

I had a few great talks with some friends on my way to my dads and on my way home on the 5 s and north. I did notice that the worst part of making the call was actually making the call. not the headset. That is the only time my eyes are diverted from the road and the only time I or anyone else is in any danger. So I guess from the 400% AAA was so kind to throw at us just making the call is like 1,600%.

Anyways I was not trying to make you personally feel bad or like you needed to defend AAA so well. I just think it's bloated and looks worse on paper than it is.

PS: Have a great holiday people! Don't Drink and Drive! Make sure you follow the Law and use your headset if your gonna talk on a phone while driving