Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...
View Poll Results: What do you think of this situation?
Justifiable use of force and restraint to stop a security threat?(kid was unarmed, mind you
60.00%
Censorship at it's finest?
40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Tasering at Kerry Forum

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry. i was bored. i'm just screwing with all you guys. i do think it could have been handled better, but the police there really had to do what they did. mtxblau hit the point i was looking for... oh well. i was hoping to get more of a diversion out of this, but once that is said, the argument ends. it was a fun little debate while it lasted.

oh, and i'm not your bro ssq. i might be a 51st cousin, but that's it.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:13 PM
SSQ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Right, right..... just saying it in the terms THAT guy would understand, that's all. For some reason, the "bro" parts really jumped out in the clips.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:14 PM
CXT
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

OMG the dude is either nuts, or haming it up for the camera.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NWukZhsiBw
Old 09-20-2007, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know. hope you guys aren't too mad. i really enjoy reading topics that go back and forth like this though. you don't see them much anymore on here.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

If you read some accounts from other that were there, he wasn't even the next guy in line, he cut in front of several people because HE had some right to ask his questions. What about those people's right to ask their question? Because he was being such a crybaby, they allowed him to ask his "question", which turned into 3, but were more statements than question. He also used profanity which, offensive to you or not, wasn't respectful of the forum they had and sounds to me why they cut the mic. The reason the cops are all standing behind him at the "start", the carefully timed start, of the video. They weren't there to crack heads for bad questions.

Don't get played by the video, look into the facts. And don't include hindsight. Knowing that he didn't cause any harm after the fact doesn't mean you should know he's harmless before. Anyone fighting the cops deserves exactly what he got, IMO. They probably weren't even going to arrest him, just remove him, until he started running and resisting. Police are limited in the force they can use on a suspect. Some say 6 police on him is restrained. It looks to me like despite 6 cops on him, he continues to fight.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:24 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by xlr8tC
wow. i like how the topic jumped to the kind of force used and what he did in kind. nobody thinks it's wrong that he was attacked for SPEAKING. he didn't initiate any form of physical encounter. they didn't like what he said, so they beat him into submission and hauled him off. i can't believe nobody else sees anything wrong with that.

if you don't like what someone says, advocate the opposite, protest, or plain ignore them. beating someone into submission for having a different, unpopular opinion is akin to the spanish inquisition, or the kent state massacre. the end result was not as severe, but this is a rights violation, plain and simple.

and to state that tasering him is the safest way to diffuse the situation... tasers have killed. i've never heard of annoying opinions killing anyone.

it's these small battles that create a problem in the future because people just start accepting this behavior from our police force. it's wrong and should be stopped. if our police can't delineate between right and wrong, how can we expect the public to do it?
Please show me the video where he was beaten? I must not have seen that one on the internet.

he was not handcuffed for speaking. Someone told him his time was up. he said, no my time is not up, john Kerry talked for 2 hours and now it is my time.
The forum was for him to ask a question. HE DID NOT DO THAT. Instead he talked on about what is in the book and about a rigged voting system. He was told his time was over. HE SAID NO. STRIKE ONE.
So they cut his mike off. THEY STILL DIDNT TOUCH HIM. Instead of listiening to those that put the forum into place. he screamed. The cops took him by his arms to lead him away. STILL NO BEATING. He pulled away from the cops. STRIKE TWO.

Tell me what happens if you resist arrest or forefully pull away from a cop?
They try to cuff you. Well he pulled away. more cops came. They tried to handcuff him, he kicked, screamed and yelled. STRIKE THREE.
They tazered cuffed him and took him on his way.

You make it sound like he was speaking calmly and nicely within a civilized manor and the cops punched him. DIDNT HAPPEN.
he was rued, was swearing, wasnt asking a question and resisted arrest. how do you not see that?

Again please show me where he was beaten.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Originally Posted by xlr8tC
wow. i like how the topic jumped to the kind of force used and what he did in kind. nobody thinks it's wrong that he was attacked for SPEAKING. he didn't initiate any form of physical encounter. they didn't like what he said, so they beat him into submission and hauled him off. i can't believe nobody else sees anything wrong with that.

if you don't like what someone says, advocate the opposite, protest, or plain ignore them. beating someone into submission for having a different, unpopular opinion is akin to the spanish inquisition, or the kent state massacre. the end result was not as severe, but this is a rights violation, plain and simple.

and to state that tasering him is the safest way to diffuse the situation... tasers have killed. i've never heard of annoying opinions killing anyone.

it's these small battles that create a problem in the future because people just start accepting this behavior from our police force. it's wrong and should be stopped. if our police can't delineate between right and wrong, how can we expect the public to do it?
Please show me the video where he was beaten? I must not have seen that one on the internet.

he was not handcuffed for speaking. Someone told him his time was up. he said, no my time is not up, john Kerry talked for 2 hours and now it is my time.
The forum was for him to ask a question. HE DID NOT DO THAT. Instead he talked on about what is in the book and about a rigged voting system. He was told his time was over. HE SAID NO. STRIKE ONE.
So they cut his mike off. THEY STILL DIDNT TOUCH HIM. Instead of listiening to those that put the forum into place. he screamed. The cops took him by his arms to lead him away. STILL NO BEATING. He pulled away from the cops. STRIKE TWO.

Tell me what happens if you resist arrest or forefully pull away from a cop?
They try to cuff you. Well he pulled away. more cops came. They tried to handcuff him, he kicked, screamed and yelled. STRIKE THREE.
They tazered cuffed him and took him on his way.

You make it sound like he was speaking calmly and nicely within a civilized manor and the cops punched him. DIDNT HAPPEN.
he was rued, was swearing, wasnt asking a question and resisted arrest. how do you not see that?

Again please show me where he was beaten.
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do UP's get that training ?
The title, University Police Department, is just a title. UP's are nothing more than security guards. At UT we had a saying, "you can't can't spell stupid without UTPD."

One of these clowns actually arrested Ricky Williams. Yes, THAT Ricky Williams. Ricky ran a stop sign and got pulled over by Barney Fife. Now, Ricky didn't have any ID or insurance info, and that was unexusable. So Barney asks who is and Ricky tells him. Well, Barney gets the DL info off his little cop puter, and it says that his name is Enrique Williams, so Barney hauls him for giving a false name.

Ricky just got of a Junior season rusing for 2000+ yards, a boat load of TD's, and a Doak Walker award. He had a head full of dreads, and he sticks out like James Brown at a Klan convention. As Ricky is sitting in the booking room, Barney is getting his info, and someone who has at least a tiny bit of gray matter between his ears walks by and goes, "RICKY FRICKIN WILLIAMS!!! What are you doing here??" Barney asks, "uh, you know this guy?" And Ricky goes home with a ticket for running a stop sign, and failure to prove insurance....which is what should have happened in the first place.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
Do UP's get that training ?
The title, University Police Department, is just a title. UP's are nothing more than security guards. At UT we had a saying, "you can't can't spell stupid without UTPD."

One of these clowns actually arrested Ricky Williams. Yes, THAT Ricky Williams. Ricky ran a stop sign and got pulled over by Barney Fife. Now, Ricky didn't have any ID or insurance info, and that was unexusable. So Barney asks who is and Ricky tells him. Well, Barney gets the DL info off his little cop puter, and it says that his name is Enrique Williams, so Barney hauls him for giving a false name.

Ricky just got of a Junior season rusing for 2000+ yards, a boat load of TD's, and a Doak Walker award. He had a head full of dreads, and he sticks out like James Brown at a Klan convention. As Ricky is sitting in the booking room, Barney is getting his info, and someone who has at least a tiny bit of gray matter between his ears walks by and goes, "RICKY FRICKIN WILLIAMS!!! What are you doing here??" Barney asks, "uh, you know this guy?" And Ricky goes home with a ticket for running a stop sign, and failure to prove insurance....which is what should have happened in the first place.
I'm guessing Barney Fife wasn't a sports fan.

And yeah, that guy at the Kerry Q&A forum seemed kind of like the normal disruptive bungholes who show up at any political debate / forum / whatever.
Old 09-20-2007, 06:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

And yeah, that guy at the Kerry Q&A forum seemed kind of like the normal disruptive bungholes who show up at any political debate / forum / whatever.
Did you see his harry potter video? He was definitely that disruptive guy starved for attention.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sounds like Barney was doing his job and not marking out to a celeb. If I get pulled over with no ID, should the cop just take my word for it? C'mon, its me, TheScionicMan...

Doesn't seem like the best example of poor police work, more like a lack of sports interest. Aren't football stars supposed to follow the same rules as the rest of us? (excluding OJ, of course)
Old 09-20-2007, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No, Barney was being a douchetard. Most people don't get arrested for no ID/insurance. Like I said, he should have been ticketed, but by no means should he have been arrested.

And if you work at a football factory, and you don't recognize someone like a Ricky Williams, then you don't need to be working there. I'm not advocating special treatment, but to arrest him under the guise of giving false information, when he gave his right name, was the epitomy of cluelessness.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Nick06tC
Look at the video. he was tasered at 3:13 into it. At 3:15 seconds they still have his arm being pushed down, un cuffed.

I need to find the other video that fox aired.
Isn't it amazing how liberal news agencies and liberal-minded people take the actualities of the situation out of context to better their positions? lmfao

Cops are not bad people. The drive-by media needs to realize that and stop trying to create controversy for their own ratings.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by scionofPCFL
No, Barney was being a douchetard. Most people don't get arrested for no ID/insurance. Like I said, he should have been ticketed, but by no means should he have been arrested.
If the person has no ID, how do you know you're writing a ticket to the right person? "Here's the name you should write the ticket to, officer..., trust me."
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

they run the tag. happens in KS a lot. you just have to go show your license or insurance at the courthouse later there, though. it's not usually a ticket, unless you fail to appear or produce the documents, but you do recieve a little slip of paper that looks similar to a citation.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:18 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The ticket with ricky williams is a HORRIBLE example. Thats what happens when you dont have ID, they take you in to figure the mess out. If that wasnt the case, I would never carry a license and my name would MR. JGHDJDD every time a cop wants to write me a ticket.

Just because ricky Williams is somebody doesnt mean he gets off on his own reconasance.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Barney arrested him because he supposedly gave false information; namely Ricky vs Enrique. If your given name was Joseph, but you've gone by Joe for 20 years, you'd tell the cop your name was Joe as well. If your tag came back as Joseph, should you be arrested for falsifing name to an officer as well?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i really wonder if ricky williams gets off on gathering intel on himself. or did you mean recognizance. (reconnaissance is spelled....well, you can see it.)

also, i didn't mention before, but if your name is different than what comes up with the tag, or you start mouthing off to the officer, guess what.... you get arrested. so, mr. JGHDJDD how's it feel to be booked for being a dumb-butt?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:38 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Ricky vs Enrique
Joe vs Joseph

they are two totally different things. I would never guess Ricky to be Enrique.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

isn't it about time to lock this thread too?

Quick Reply: Tasering at Kerry Forum