Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

IT Tech People are.......

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default IT Tech People are.......

IDIOTS!!!! ......So my companies IT Tech people are Lazy, unknowlegable people that dont know much about helping people out!...Instead they just take the entire computer and Flush it...Then reinstall everything...Thats their solution in fixing things!!!

Then HERES the kicker!!...they say it will take 2 or 3 days to Flush & reinstall everything...what the #$%^??????

They did that before...the problems cameback!!!!...How will this time be different!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Learn how to make your own computer work.
I do IT in the music industry, and it's very hard to find good people.
I hate having to hire anyone because the interviews are like getting a hot poker in the eyeballs.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Learn how to make your own computer work.
I do IT in the music industry, and it's very hard to find good people.
I hate having to hire anyone because the interviews are like getting a hot poker in the eyeballs.
Its agaisnt company policy....so I am SOL....I have no control over fixing it...

I can't even download anything to the computer either...lol
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

reminds me of this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXamnM2m93s

not all of us IT support people are idiots tho...
doesnt your it support Ghost anything? it sure as hell doesnt take me 2-3 days...i'd be unemployeed by then.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:21 AM
Banned
SL Member

i work in IT support also. maybe if you were a little bit nicer to the guys, you could get things for you alot quicker. 2-3 days? seriously, it takes me no more than 2-3 hours. but as far as you not being able to download anything to your computer, it might be company policy. thats why they dont allow you to do that. be nice, and things may change. i know thats how it works with me and my group.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I'm glad I only have to work with servers and not people that have no clue how computers work. Though it might be better than having to deal with helpdesk/tech support/monitoring coming from India and Malaysia I have to put up with
Old 03-08-2007, 05:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I also work in IT, you should post up your problem, i know plenty of us could give you solutions... probably quicker then your IT dept. could help ya.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
i work in IT support also. maybe if you were a little bit nicer to the guys, you could get things for you alot quicker. 2-3 days? seriously, it takes me no more than 2-3 hours. but as far as you not being able to download anything to your computer, it might be company policy. thats why they dont allow you to do that. be nice, and things may change. i know thats how it works with me and my group.
I was NICE to them then...after every question I ask them I get the answer "I dont know"..or "It could be a million things"...then No real solution..And they are pretty shady people anyways...YES they told me 2 to 3 DAYS!!!!!.....

The PC IT techs are awesome..they check up on all the people that have PC's...WTF!!!!....lol
Old 03-08-2007, 11:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

hahah thats pretty bad, takes me about 3hrs to reinstall win2000 and all the software we use, all without the use of an image.
I can understand the not dowloading anything. We have this one girl who has gotten viruses three times on her computer by downloading "codecs". Each time requiring a total reinstall
Old 03-08-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

theres allot of trouble shooting that needs to be done on computers, especially over the phone it makes it exceptionally hard to diagnose and correct those problems. if you say "it wont turn on, why?" then the correct answer is "i dont know, there could be a million reasons". not all techs are idiots. and not all public are easy to work with or really know what their taking about. im glad i do neither. tell your company to take care if it and supply you with another computer till the problem is fixed. good luck
Old 03-08-2007, 12:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

Man would I hate working in IT, it must take a certain type of person that likes having to deal with other people's shiot all day i guess. Luckily our IT is very good...if something goes wrong they on it like wolfs and if the something goes really wrong they switch out the computers and I'm on my way.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by 2_much_tc
I also work at a helpdesk and most scion owners I know are actually IT people... I agree with you much_tc.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, i feel that people who like anything M&M related are closet homosexuals and mentally retarded...
Old 03-08-2007, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Big Sky Scion
SL Member

Another thing you need to consider is SOX. All corporations have been essentially locked-down and must comply. Your company's computer policies are dictated by this and your IT guys can't change that.

If it takes them that long, then they are either complete idiots, overworked, or the infrastructure can't handle it (server, LAN, etc)
Old 03-08-2007, 05:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SciontCya
Another thing you need to consider is SOX. All corporations have been essentially locked-down and must comply. Your company's computer policies are dictated by this and your IT guys can't change that.

If it takes them that long, then they are either complete idiots, overworked, or the infrastructure can't handle it (server, LAN, etc)
OH MY GOSH I hate SOX. It makes things SO MUCH more difficult and people do NOT understand that we cannot do some things WITHOUT this form and they get mad. It's not our fault your manager hasn't sent us the proper paperwork yet so why do they get mad at us? Because we follow company policy, then they complain that we don't do our job. Thats what ticks me off too
Old 03-08-2007, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I work in the networking field at a support desk and I completely agree with you that most IT people are idiots. In fact, I work with a bunch of idiots. I came into my job 18 years old, hardly knew my butt from a hole in the ground but I knew a little somethin somethin. I was able to learn the job in less than a year. There's one guy here who has been here 10+ years and STILL doesn't know his butt from a hole. It drives me crazy and I'm not even on the customer end of things. And don't even get me started about the new people we've hired since I've been here
Old 03-08-2007, 06:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

...have you tried restarting your computer?

bad IT joke.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by BYeRhONe
...have you tried restarting your computer?

bad IT joke.
I-D-10 - T error...
Old 03-08-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Old 03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Quick Reply: IT Tech People are.......