Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Tell Me Your Worst Injury/Pain

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

Default Tell Me Your Worst Injury/Pain

Because I like reading things that make me cringe!

I can only think of one thing, outside childbirth, at the moment...

Back in high school, I got a charlie horse in my calf that lasted at least 5 minutes. It hurt so unbelievably bad. Afterward, I had the largest, darkest, nastiest bruise I've ever seen on anything, on my calf and couldn't walk for a few days... after I could, I was still limping in pain.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

Since i have Transverse Myelitis i had to have another lumbar puncture (spinal tap) done. Well, when they pulled the needle out from my back they pulled something slightly (they said). I was on my back at home for over a week. Whenever i sat down i had the worst pain in my head (the WORST EVER), and when i stood up i had the headaches AND nausea and dizziness. Not really cringeful, but lumbar puncture's arent a walk in the park!
Old 03-27-2007, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

my worst looking injury would be this-

that was a result of this-

wasnt too painful though. i just looked pretty.

The worst pain-wise was when i broke my collar bone in 3 places. I was playing rugby, had the ball, tucked down to drive into someone and their head smashed into my collarbone. like i said, 3 fractures, and 2 of the pieces actually started to poke up out of the skin. Before reseting the bones, i just kinda laid there on the ground in no pain whatsoever. I knew that it was broke though.. 20 minutes later the paramedic showed up and it was time to reset the bones. they gave me a stick to bite down on, counted to 3 (bastards did it @ 2 so i wouldnt expect it!), and i screamed for 2 seconds and passed out. it felt HORRIBLE.

im all good now though
Old 03-27-2007, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

OMFG, Neothin! Those pictures! Did your hair grow back in correctly?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

yep i'm pretty now, dont worry
Old 03-27-2007, 07:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Driven Girls
SL Member

awwwww poor thing!!!!!!! im so glad you're okay!! thats crazy
Old 03-27-2007, 08:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Wow Neo, you're lucky to be alive! Those pics are scary.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

the day after the crash....

An old man pulled in front of me and I T-boned him. I nearly killed him but at the last millisecond I jerked the wheel and missed his driver door. The force of the impact (at 50 mph) ripped my thumb off because I grabbed the wheel with my thumb rapped around. The bone was sticking straight out and pouring blood. It was a fun experience I would def. recommend it....
Old 03-27-2007, 11:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scinergy

oh and also another time that was extremely painful would be having a herniated disk in your back.
I was so painful to walk and I almost passed out trying to drive a stick. That would also be something you might want to experience.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had Migraines and assorted injuries, but NOTHING hurt as bad as
last summer when I broke a rib. That is hands-down the most painful
thing I have ever dealt with. And it is very slow to heal. It happened
almost a year ago and it still gets sore when I work out.
Old 03-27-2007, 11:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the car i had before the tC, my worst accident ever! sprained my wrist lol thats it.. (that was at 25 mph)... ive been lucky.. haha
Old 03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

i was pulling a pallet full of batteries, must have weighed about 3000 lbs, up a ramp into a container with help from a coworker pushing from behind so we could get some momentum to get it up the ramp. as i pulled with all my strength to get it up the ramp my foot slipped on the metal and got caught i tried to ram my shoulder into the batteries to slow it down but didnt help and my body whipped into the floor like a ragdoll with my foot still caught under the the pallet jack wheel. when i took off my boot it had ripped my big toe nail clean off.

but that dude with the black eyes and missing scalp wins lol cant beat that.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

back in HS... i was bike riding and a guy was coming at me.. i move to the right to get out of his way... he moves... i move back to the left... at the last minute i try to break out of the way and end up T-boning him... his bike folds in half... my bike compresses... i vault over my handle bars closeline him and drive his face into the pavement... NOT A SCRATCH...mean while i notice that a piece of my bike had gentle lodged itself in my thigh just above my knee...
so i thought it was just a little thingie... took out about an inch and a half out of my thigh... thats when it started hurting...
p.s. i still went biking for the rest of the afternoon and i still have the scar... good times...

i just threw my back out for the second time in 3 years... sharp pain anytime i put weight on my left foot... so much that i couldnt breathe while standing... was more scary than painful... and frustrating... since im not the type to stay still for too long...
Old 03-27-2007, 01:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got jumped in High School and got pushed down a flight of stairs. That sucked big time.

Other than that, when I was in 4th grade or so, someone through a chair at me and hit me in the head(I was a bastard when I was young). It missed my eye socket by centimeters. I didn't get knocked out surprisingly, but blood was everywhere. I have a nice scar on my left eyebrow now. Coolest part was having to wear an eye atch. Garrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

gee i guess my pain was a walk in the park.

i was 13 and iwoke up from a nap andi couldn't walk or move my legs. i had a ******** infection. now that hurts!

couldnt walk for 2 days. i had to drag myself around and forget about the bathroom. that was an adventure. doctors said if it was anymore severe, (like it wasnt, right ) they would have had to remove it!

imagine hearing that at 13 years old
Old 03-27-2007, 01:50 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC

SL Member

I've done some pretty stupid sh*t so this is a tough one, but my worst pain ever, and it still haunts me to this day. Freshman year of highschool, football pratice. We are running blocking drills (linemen) and i go up against my friend, he is roughly 325+ lbs, well i get by him with a swim move. I guess he wasnt able to keep his balance, he falls on me, well not me, my calf and knee. My right knee does almost a complete 90 degree angle, from the side, not back, not forward, it went sideways. Most excruciating pain of my life. I played in the game that week too, not smart. Almost the same exact thing happened, when a smaller guy rolled over my leg, i just collapsed. Tore my ACL about 85% through, been to physical therapy 5 times now, cant stand for long periods of time, not to mention i have a messed up knee cap.

i am 18 with the knees and back of a 70 year old man, it's fun. Back i got from a car accident, still wont work right for me.

i'll throw this up for fun

Old 03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by firesquare
i was 13 and iwoke up from a nap andi couldn't walk or move my legs. i had a ******** infection. now that hurts!
Okay...I'm probably going to regret asking this; but how in the heck did
you get a ******** infection?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i haven't had a lot of pain in my life, but i've had stitches with no anesthetic, woke up on an operating table, etc. let's just say i don't respond well to anesthetic. however, the worst pain i've experienced in my short years came from getting tattooed on my chest along the sternum and under the breast. sometimes i can't believe the lengths i go to for art.
Old 03-27-2007, 02:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

when i fractured my tailbone... holy lord was that the most horrible pain i have experienced. i would rate it a 8/10
Old 03-27-2007, 02:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by matt_a
I've had Migraines and assorted injuries, but NOTHING hurt as bad as
last summer when I broke a rib. That is hands-down the most painful
thing I have ever dealt with. And it is very slow to heal. It happened
almost a year ago and it still gets sore when I work out.
yup 2 fractured ribs
I was given a joint to get over it

anyhuuus some times I can't wear a bra cos of the pain, hard to breathe

Quick Reply: Tell Me Your Worst Injury/Pain