Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Tell Me Your Worst Injury/Pain

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup the pictures def made me cringe.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got toothpaste in my eye one morning brushing too fast
Old 03-28-2007, 02:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Club One

SL Member

when I had my wisdom teeth pulled I got dry socket and it was the worst!

I have had lots of injuries over the years, I split my thumb completly open, split my head open, sliced my arm open, broke my foot, broke my toe, had back pain, but nothing was close to this.

I was popping pain killers left and right, but nothing worked until Perkocet!

Perkocet is the shi*t!!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Spiderbox
i wish women knew what that felt like than they would be less inclined to strike you there.
dude! i said not on purpose!
Old 03-28-2007, 03:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Passing a Kidney Stone is like beeing kicked in the ballz repeatedly. yeappp!
Old 03-28-2007, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i broke one of the bones in my hand working out when one of the legs of the bench i was using just toppled over. i didn't have insurance, and just let it ride for a little more than a week. when i finally went to the doctor, surgery was required to make it 100%. not having insurance, i went cheap, and they just pried and pulled at my hand until they thought the bones were lined up (or close enough at least) and slapped a cast on me. the best part was they had to do it twice. and the icing on the cake? i'm allergic to anestesia so i had to grin and bear it. there's nothing better than feeling the bones in your hand scrape against each other.

i'm pretty lucky though. my hand works fine, it just hurts when i do anything that requires a lot of hand strength for extended periods of time (writing with a pen and pad kills me), and my pinky sticks out a bit.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
i'm allergic to anestesia so i had to grin and bear it. there's nothing better than feeling the bones in your hand scrape against each other.
I would have bitten someone
Old 03-28-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i tried to pull the tough guy feel no pain routine, but that stopped quick. after a few minutes i was shivering from the pain. i didn't scream at least so i held on to some dignity.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

^^ awesome man
Old 03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

so what will you do if you ever need to have 'serious" surgery :?
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

definately a lame moment.
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Salt tablet?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well, i have insurance now so at least the option is available to me. honestly, i don't know what i'll do if i have to go under the knife. i found out the hard way i was allergic. i was born with a hernia and when they operated on me as a baby i almost croked.

imagine how much fun i have at the dentist.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by randomsuper
well, i have insurance now so at least the option is available to me. honestly, i don't know what i'll do if i have to go under the knife. i found out the hard way i was allergic. i was born with a hernia and when they operated on me as a baby i almost croked.

imagine how much fun i have at the dentist.
dam man thats pretty bad. I know they got options when it comes to putting you out, they should have some solutions that u are not allergic too
Old 03-28-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member

So mine aren't nearly that bad... but they are pretty funny. Let me start by saying I'm clumsy as hell.
So a couple of years ago, I was going down the stairs and someone left a shoe at the foot of the stairs. I stepped on it and rolled my ankle, I heard a pop and my foot was at a 90 degree angle from my leg. It hurt but I decided to man up and walk it off. The next morning, I stood up and fell over. My ankle was the size of a grapefruit. I was in a cast for 2 weeks and a splint for 6 months. That sucked.

I've also twisted my knee during a drunken karaoke/air guitar session... but that was just hilarious, not painful. How many people can say they had an air guitar related injury?
Old 03-28-2007, 04:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

funny injury would have to be me getting a cut in my head when a friend of mines threw a toxic avenger action figure at me. good times.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've broken plenty of bones... legs, fingers, arms... but honestly... I think my worst pains have come from extreme hangovers... no lie... Head aching soo bad, cant' sleep, and can't stop... and I don't take aspirin either since it's hard on the liver
Old 03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

aspirin is hard on the liver but alcohol isn't? that philosophy is the hotness.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

First off, you dont take aspirin because its hard on the liver, but right before that sentence, you mention that you drank a lot. ??

Jebus! You guys have had some painful experience huh?

2 really bad things for me (I'm a wuss for pain though)

1. I was in 5th grade, so I was about 9-10?, Riding my BRAND NEW Dyno VFR (That bike was great, I miss it) home from school one day, went around a corner, and at that same time my best friend, his little brother, and mom came around the corner right behind me in her car, and honked to say hi. I looked behind, hit a small pothole, (that till this day, is still there, Damn County), managed to stay on the bike, but loss control, hit a curb and flipped over the handlebars, hitting the concrete. My Legs hit first, so they took most of the weight off my upper body. My Left knee, right under the kneecap gets torn open about 2.5"-3"on a gravel driveway, and gravel and dirt and other crap gets in. The funny thing is it didn't hurt until I looked down at it. I SAW THE KNEE CAP. My friends mom was freaking out, but I convinced her I was fine, and was going to wait for my mom to come home, before I go to the hospital. When I get there, after sitting in the ER for 2 hours, the doctor finally sees me, and starts cleaning out the knee. Unfortunately, the shot of pain killer they gave me didn't kick in, until after he was done stitching it up. That hurt worse than the accident itself. The only good thing was, to take my mind off the pain, my mom bought me NBA Jam T.E. and NHL 1993 for SNES. Sweet, shes a great mom.

2. Was riding a Electric, Stand Up Scooter to work (I was 15, dont hate, couldn't even drive then), I was doing a Bunny Hop, (Yeah I'm a dork) and landed wrong, crashed, slammed down, on my Shoulder. I couldn't move my arm more than about 5-10% from the angle it was when I fell, for about 3 days. Then I went to a driving range about 5 days after the crash, and screwed up the arm again. Yep, I'm a retard. Funny thing about the scooter, it was modified, had a more powerful battery, my friend worked at the place where I bought it, and mine was like a testimony of what those can go through. Everything I broked, was fixed free. Free batteries, free tires. Good times.

Other than those, just your average stuff.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My first broken bone was my left collar bone, right by the joint. My friend and I were messing around in the gym at our school. I was running a metal chair across the gym floor making sparks, when I lost my momentum, and tuck and rolled. I didn't tuck enough and slammed my left shoulder on the cement. It hurt so bad! The worst is I had to sit in the office for almost 2 hours before my mom got me and took me to the hospital. That's where the nurse was pushing on the area asking me if it hurt, and she pushed right on the broken bone, "YEAH THAT F-ING HURT!" I yelled at her, lol.

I was on vicodin for a while, and after a week I tried to sleep on my bed. I woke up in the middle of night screaming, because I had rolled over on my shoulder. When I would walk, I could hear the bones grinding!

I was given 3 months before I could take off the figure 8 wrap, and of course I wanted to play basketball real bad. So on the day, whithout the doctor's approval, I decided to play the first game of the season. Not 5 minutes into the game, this huge girl from Tonga came down with her forearm right on my shoulder, and I was on the floor. Broke it again, this time in a different place, so it looked like a "V". Had to spend another 3 weeks sleeping on the couch, because I couldn't lay down. My mom even had to shower me the first week, how imbarassing!

Quick Reply: Tell Me Your Worst Injury/Pain