Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:10 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by aen
ill trade you that hood for these wheels im holding for ransom >=|

just kidding.

=P did you get that clutch yet?

oh, you dindt.

why don't you install it yourself? im sure there are a plethora of people that will help here...like me for one ahha.

Holding my rims for ransom? That don't matter. You KNOW I got like 2 other sets!
(Is that like saying holding one of my kids for ransome doesn't matter cause I have 2 others?)
But I will DEFINATELY take you up on the clutch install help. I thought you needed some special kind of tool that I didnt' have?
Oh, and you should come when we install olaHalo's turbo kit, whenever it get's here.

what tool? for my brothers suspension?

and how come everybodys going turbo.

=/ i feel all.....left out and ____. maybe ill use student loans and go turbo....shhhhhhhhhhhh =X
Old 08-17-2007, 09:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rythm:
if your getting discoloration with your short log style, I don't think I'm going ot bother with my tall EL. Thanks for the tip. Oh, and I suppose that rain shied is plastic?
I think for $500, I might be able to get a metal vent cut out of my stock hood. We'll see.

aen:
No, for the clutch install. I thought I needed a cherry picker? No? Hey, if you done them before, I'm all for doing it ourselves. Then I might be able to get it sooner!
Oh, and we're all just trying to give you inspiration. I see boost in your future!
Old 08-17-2007, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

rythm:
if your getting discoloration with your short log style, I don't think I'm going ot bother with my tall EL. Thanks for the tip. Oh, and I suppose that rain shied is plastic?
I think for $500, I might be able to get a metal vent cut out of my stock hood. We'll see.

aen:
No, for the clutch install. I thought I needed a cherry picker? No? Hey, if you done them before, I'm all for doing it ourselves. Then I might be able to get it sooner!
Oh, and we're all just trying to give you inspiration. I see boost in your future!

I believe the shield is fiberglass.

No need for a cherry picker just to do a clutch. When are you doing the clutch? LOL...we are doing Louis clutch tomorrow. I was going to video tape it, but I can't find the freakin camera. If I find it, I will of course video it and create a DIY video and post up on Youtube. But no again on the cherry picker. Two jacks, jack stands is about it. Of course the various tools and sockets need. Only one special socket needed, and that's the one to remove the Axel nuts. It's like a 22mm 12 Point socket (trying to remember off the top of my head). It's not a socket that you can just go to the local Hardware store and pick up. If you don't have one, good luck at NOT getting those axels out.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
its not melting at all
Well, I guess it must be Vegas heat, but I put the thing on last night, drove to work and drove home, and I can see it's starting to melt.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
rythm:

aen:

No need for a cherry picker just to do a clutch. When are you doing the clutch? LOL...we are doing Louis clutch tomorrow. I was going to video tape it, but I can't find the freakin camera. If I find it, I will of course video it and create a DIY video and post up on Youtube. But no again on the cherry picker. Two jacks, jack stands is about it. Of course the various tools and sockets need. Only one special socket needed, and that's the one to remove the Axel nuts. It's like a 22mm 12 Point socket (trying to remember off the top of my head). It's not a socket that you can just go to the local Hardware store and pick up. If you don't have one, good luck at NOT getting those axels out.
DIY do something usefull with that video camera for a change.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

rythm:

aen:

DIY do something usefull with that video camera for a change.

Racing is useful...
Old 08-17-2007, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

havent seen you doin much of that latley. just vids of nose pickin, a$$ scratchin, armpit smellin, and crotch fondlin. but a serious step by step clutch/flywheel install diy vid would be a huge asset to the whole scion community.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:47 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i did my own clutch in 2hours and would have been done sooner but striped axel nut... plus that was on the ground in the dirt not even in a shop yeah beasting LOL no cherry picker just my big ___ under the car bench pressing the tranns LOL
Old 08-18-2007, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

havent seen you doin much of that latley. just vids of nose pickin, a$$ scratchin, armpit smellin, and crotch fondlin. but a serious step by step clutch/flywheel install diy vid would be a huge asset to the whole scion community.
HEY, he had good technique on the nose pickin lol. I would concur, a DIY on a clutch install would be AWESOME! I plan on doing my own clutch install too when that day comes.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

I tried one of those "helpful" vids before, and look what some have turned it into...

If I can find the camera though, I will see what I can do. We will get started around 10am tomorrow.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I tried one of those "helpful" vids before, and look what some have turned it into...
We helped turn it into inspiration for all SLers and tried to help you get some dough from ZPI to pay back all your sponsored parts, whats wrong with that?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^-
OK, if I can do this myself, I only need $300 and not $600, so I may get it sooner rather then later, cause I sure need it! Any clutch install tips would be appreciated.

So what do you all think the difference in drivability will be between a stage 4 and a stage 5 comp clutch?
Old 08-18-2007, 03:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by amdforever
We helped turn it into inspiration for all SLers and tried to help you get some dough from ZPI to pay back all your sponsored parts, whats wrong with that?

But of course..
Old 08-18-2007, 03:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^-
OK, if I can do this myself, I only need $300 and not $600, so I may get it sooner rather then later, cause I sure need it! Any clutch install tips would be appreciated.

So what do you all think the difference in drivability will be between a stage 4 and a stage 5 comp clutch?

Sears should have the socket needed for the axle nut. I have not seen them sell it by itself, only as a set, so if you can find it in a single offering cool. Otherwise you might have to spend $40 bucks for the set.

-breaker bar
-deep sockets

are just two other things that definitely come in handy. We will look for the video camera tomorrow morning before starting. Hope I can find it.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Breaker bar and deep sockets I got. Any idea what that axle nut socket is called?
Hope you find the camera, cause this should be good...at least better then the other video of the clutch install you did more of a chill session!
Old 08-18-2007, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Breaker bar and deep sockets I got. Any idea what that axle nut socket is called?
Hope you find the camera, cause this should be good...at least better then the other video of the clutch install you did more of a chill session!

LOL....yeah, if you noticed the title of the vid says Part 1. I have like 4-5 other parts that I never did upload. But they are the same as that one with us laughing like 95% of the time....

The socket is a 12pt. for sure, but off the top of my head, I can't remember the size. It's BIG is all I know...lol. I will have some info for you tomorrow, cause we are going to have to go to Sears in the morning anyway.
Old 08-18-2007, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Man if I was up there I'd let you use my camera. This is a video I'd love to see and I'm sure it would be really helpful to a lot of people. I think everyone should do a DIY video instead of write ups. It helps with us dummies a little more. In fact you can call the video "Scion tC Clutch Install for Dummies".
Old 08-18-2007, 03:58 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice! Thanks travis.
hope you find the camera.
Old 08-18-2007, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Nice! Thanks travis.
hope you find the camera.
x2
Old 08-18-2007, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Good news, Video camera has been found.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!