Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Bet it was on the trashcan were you left it wasnt it
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

^^LOL....Naw, that was my digi cam. I have a tri-pod though. To risky to sit a $500 camera on a trash can....
Old 08-18-2007, 02:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so you getting ready to start the clutch install? are you gonna be taping, and brian doing the install? im actually excited for this to get done.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
so you getting ready to start the clutch install? are you gonna be taping, and brian doing the install? im actually excited for this to get done.

No, I'm taping and doing the install (I'm Multi-Talented.... ) Brian is resting from a little mishap in the kitchen involving cooking....(don't ask). But he ended up with 2nd degree burns on his feet. It happened over a week ago, so he should be better now, but it will still just be Louis, me, and probably his brother. So, I'll be talking and installing, and probably video taping too...

Louis will call me in about an Hr. Would be cool if we had a Streaming Web cam setup, so you could watch live, but you probably would forget everything that you saw...lol. So, we will get crackin at 10ish, and then I'll report at the end of the day when it's all said and done, and get the vid rolling and uploaded.

PS.....Mr. Meaty, forgot to mention, you need a torque wrench too. That's roughly $30-$40 bucks too, if you don't have one already.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Ok, Good news, and Bad news.

Good news is, I found out the specs on the socket needed for the axles (that I couldn't remember before). The socket needed for the axle nut is:

32 mm
12pt
Deep Socket

It HAS to be that. If you do not have this socket when you get to starting this task, then DO NOT start taking stuff apart until you have this socket. Like I said before, a socket that meets this spec is hard to come by (at least in my area).

Bad news, we spent ALL day looking for just that, this socket. Drove all over town through 3-4 different counties, and NO one had it. So, the video is post poned till we can get the socket. The only place I know that caries this socket is Sears. I had the socket but it was in a set, and I only needed the one socket, so I returned the set a long time ago. We went to Sears, and they did not have any more sets and it needed to be ordered. Napa, Advanced Auto, Auto Zone...etc, none of them carry this socket. They will meet the specs, but what they will have is a 6pt instead of a 12pt. Or it will be a 32mm 12pt. but be shallow and not a Deep socket. So, perhaps it will come in Monday or Tuesday, and I will have the DIY vid up after that.
Old 08-19-2007, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
PS.....Mr. Meaty, forgot to mention, you need a torque wrench too. That's roughly $30-$40 bucks too, if you don't have one already.
Harbor Freight has toque wrenches for like $15.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by etsnet
Originally Posted by rhythmnsmoke
Harbor Freight has toque wrenches for like $15.

It's not Torque wrenches you have to worry about. It's that socket needed to take the axles out. Every tool needed for the job can be found at your local Auto store. But the socket is a different story.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Glad you found the camera and the spec for that socket. I dont' have one of those, but I do have a torque wrench.
Keep us posted on the progress...I'm slowly and subtly trying to drop hints to my wife that I'm going to need a new clutch sooner rather then later!

Hey, AEN, you ever done a clutch install before? you got one of those 32mm 12pt deep sockets?
Old 08-19-2007, 02:04 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nope, i've never done a clutch install before...i wanna learn though, i wanna do mine one day soon..before i go turbo.

but, i do have alot of time and bordem i need to get rid of =X
Old 08-19-2007, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well, if your so bored, why don't you finish up my rims
I'm not going back to the Saturday meet till I get those on, cause I want it to look different.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Louis just called. The Snap-On tools guy who drives a truck around and delivers parts to dealerships is suppose to sale him a socket Monday. So, Monday he is going to call me when he gets it, and we will get crackin on the install and video.
Old 08-19-2007, 02:24 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Well, if your so bored, why don't you finish up my rims
I'm not going back to the Saturday meet till I get those on, cause I want it to look different.
=| what rims?

just kidding, i just have to figure out how to paint hte red lip without messing up. i can't find tape that will bend according to the rims curvature, any ideas?

besides, you told me to slow down with them cuz you wanted to get your clutch done first haha
Old 08-19-2007, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chris, Matt, bad news.
I heard from Garabaldy's tuner today, the one that was gonna fly down from colorado. He says he does not tune Emanage and has never learned it since there is not much demand for it up there. That means I would have to cover the entire $1500 flat daily rate which includes travel expenses, but I'd have to rent a dyno as well! So that aint gonna happen.
I guess we gotta start asking around to see if there are any other tuners in Vegas that can do the tC.
A friend at work is close to one guy at another shop, so I'll find out. Otherewise, looks like we might be going to see Todd's tuner in AZ!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Chris, Matt, bad news.
I heard from Garabaldy's tuner today, the one that was gonna fly down from colorado. He says he does not tune Emanage and has never learned it since there is not much demand for it up there. That means I would have to cover the entire $1500 flat daily rate which includes travel expenses, but I'd have to rent a dyno as well! So that aint gonna happen.
I guess we gotta start asking around to see if there are any other tuners in Vegas that can do the tC.
A friend at work is close to one guy at another shop, so I'll find out. Otherewise, looks like we might be going to see Todd's tuner in AZ!
dang guys... well, good luck getting everything sorted out! get those babies tuned!!!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Chris, Matt, bad news.
why not go see dezod? todds kinda sorta busy. and i know your not gonna bring the wife and kids down to AZ with me and chris.
can you say awkard?
Old 08-19-2007, 03:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Akward for you maybe!
Hey, that's not a bad idea. But since Joe does not have a dyno, I wonder what kinda of tuning he can do.
But I would TOTALLY bring my wife and kids! I just talked to her and she's all for it, but not for a while, cause we have family up there that we can stay with.
All right, let's keep that as an option. I'll PM joe at dezod and see what his capabilities are, and WHEN THE HELL IS YOUR KIT COMING!
Old 08-19-2007, 03:47 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you guys are crazy.

i wonder how much it is to learn emnage....
Old 08-19-2007, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
you guys are crazy.

i wonder how much it is to learn emnage....

Well, I think you should both go to Sue first and at least get your cars running right and up to 250 or so, then we can all roll to AZ. Just my opinion, but I know what my car felt like with the kit installed and no management, and I would NOT want to drive like that all the way to AZ!

Hiew, how do the rims look so far? their black, right? Just haven't got the red on yet?
Old 08-19-2007, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i agree. todd said my kit ships out in 2 days. so i have no idea how long it takes for a turbo kit to be shipped 350 miles. hopefully soon.
the second i get it im installing it. a friend at work is gonna help with the crap that i dont know how to do like tapping the oil pan and the gauges.
other than that, its all up to ira. jk

hopefully we work something out. we are 4 guys lost in vegas with turbo tC's and no real scion tuner in sight.
its almost scary
Old 08-19-2007, 04:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Let me know when you get the kit and when your going to install. I'd like to be there.
but are you going to put the injectors in as well?

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!