Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2007, 04:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

WOOT! *shakes hands with Phil* Just give me the dates man so I can plan around them!
Old 08-19-2007, 04:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'll let you know when I find out! Should be one of the next couple saturdays, though!
Old 08-19-2007, 05:57 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hieu* but i see where you get hiew...in fact i think i spelled it like htat till i got to 1st grade before i saw my birth certificate and figured out that i've been spelling it wrong hahaha

i will let sue have my car for as long as he wants, but i need to turbo that thing first. haha
Old 08-19-2007, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
im not woried about a tune.
Of course not. Jack seems to know what he's doing and seems very confident. Plus you were a nice guinea pig for all of us in FL. Actually I think it was someone else. Either way I think we are in good hands with him.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sorry, hieu! my bad.
Well, lets' get cracking on getting you boosted!

oh, and brett, you were the first tC to get tuned by your tuner in Fl? Did he have any issues at first? how long did it take? I still think our guy Sue is gonna do great, I just can't afford to leave my car with him anothere week.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
sorry, hieu! my bad.
Well, lets' get cracking on getting you boosted!

oh, and brett, you were the first tC to get tuned by your tuner in Fl? Did he have any issues at first? how long did it take? I still think our guy Sue is gonna do great, I just can't afford to leave my car with him anothere week.
theres no big secret on how to tune a tc. make a pass on the dyno, trace the a/f ratio curve, and add or remove fuel and timing at whatever rpm you need to. all your trying to do is keep the air/fuel at whatever ratio you decide, flat throughout wot. this goes for all cars. theres nothing different about tunning the tc from any other recent import.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:21 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sues been working with hondas.

they aren't exactly....recent.
and by hondas.

i mean....93's
and down ahhah you've been to his shop. you can vouch =P

just kidding, he just didn't have enough time
Old 08-20-2007, 02:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, but he's got 11 second hondas!
plus some SRT4s, SE-R Specs, Evos, even Vettes!
Anyway, I think what was throwing him off was trying to map them with my AEM F/IC, so it was 2 things he wasn't familiar with. If he had a boosted tc with a greddy blue, I think it would have been much easier for him to map, which is why i'm trying to get chris or matt to go to him.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'm not sure if this is just a high altitude issue but here it goes.
In Open loop after all tuning complete about 1 or 2 days later my AFR will go rich at WOT . I have to adjust the tune to get back to 12:1 AFR. this process goes on for about a week and finally the factory adaptive ECU stops changing things and my AFR stays where I want it.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmm...that's about what happend to me, but I only went back once, so when it went full rich 2 days later, my CEL came on, and I havne't been back since. I don't know how to fix it myself.
But I'm going to try using your 02, ignition and fuel map and using the MAF from the aem forums. I noticed yours were a little different.
You think maybe this is an issue with the AEM F/IC? I noticed that Dezod had not finished testing it yet, and seem to be having some issues with it.
Sorta starting to with I had gone with the Greddy Blue and pressure sensor or black box.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The CEL issue you’re having is during closed loop. To fix that you need to monitor your fuel trims and make corrections accordingly. I was describing open loop problem. Remember that the FIC takes into consideration the four boxes in the map around the actual box your making a change so when looking into fixing the AFR during open loop look at the boxes around the box you’re making changes to see if one of those is influencing the AFR.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

hmmm...that's about what happend to me, but I only went back once, so when it went full rich 2 days later, my CEL came on, and I havne't been back since. I don't know how to fix it myself.
But I'm going to try using your 02, ignition and fuel map and using the MAF from the aem forums. I noticed yours were a little different.
You think maybe this is an issue with the AEM F/IC? I noticed that Dezod had not finished testing it yet, and seem to be having some issues with it.
Sorta starting to with I had gone with the Greddy Blue and pressure sensor or black box.
I just went through some formal training on Friday for the FIC. So now, I will finish a rough base map and see what I can get to the community. As my time is very limited due to several new roles including general manager, I do not have an ETA on finishing it.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

PAUL!!! So nice of you to drop in to my thread! Hope you like it!
I am looking forward to whatever you have for us. I hope the training was helpfull.
Also, I sent a PM to Joe cause I was wondering if he would be doing any tuning up there in AZ, but he has not responded. There are 4 of us here in Vegas that would be willing to drive up to AZ in order to find a tuner who is familiar with our setups.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh ya your other question, not sure if it the fault of the FIC. It seems to be the adaptive ECU....Does anyone else have input to the same problems with Greddy ?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:11 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by garabaldy
oh ya your other question, not sure if it the fault of the FIC. It seems to be the adaptive ECU....Does anyone else have input to the same problems with Greddy ?
The E-mangle does have the same very issue. It is the same deal with that unit, just worse.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by paul_dezod
The E-mangle does have the same very issue. It is the same deal with that unit, just worse.
so, according to this, no one will be able to take their boosted tC (whether F/IC or E-Manage) to the tuner and just have them run it once and it be straight? They will have to keep returning to the tuner over the coarse of a week until the adaptive ECU stops freaking the management?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my e-manage doesnt go rich at wot?? ther cars ecu may change around the tune in relation to normal driving conditions, but never at wot. as far as my experience with the e-manage goes, as long as you have the ignition harness, injector harness, and pressure sensor. you are good to about 400whp.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

so, according to this, no one will be able to take their boosted tC (whether F/IC or E-Manage) to the tuner and just have them run it once and it be straight? They will have to keep returning to the tuner over the coarse of a week until the adaptive ECU stops freaking the management?
No. There is a FINE line of tuning this ECU which must be observed to help hold the tune. Constant monitoring of the LT & ST fuel trims with appropriate action corresponding, while getting the car what it needs will conclude your tuning.

90% of the tuners I have encountered who tune a piggyback do not tune it properly while monitoring the LT & ST fuel trims. They tune it like a standalone. (just enter the values and get what you need). They are not taking into account another ecu that has it's own agenda.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by brett561tc
my e-manage doesnt go rich at wot?? ther cars ecu may change around the tune in relation to normal driving conditions, but never at wot. as far as my experience with the e-manage goes, as long as you have the ignition harness, injector harness, and pressure sensor. you are good to about 400whp.
You have not encountered enough e-manages then Brett. Unfortunately, I deal with these units WAAAAAY more than what I chose to. Even WOT AFRs will change. I have witnessed this on the dyno numerous times.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

90% of the tuners I have encountered who tune a piggyback do not tune it properly while monitoring the LT & ST fuel trims. They tune it like a standalone. (just enter the values and get what you need). They are not taking into account another ecu that has it's own agenda.
OK, this sounds like what my tuner did, as his map looks WAY different then the base on from JR off the AEM forums.
Here is my question, if and when you get that base map out to us, would I be able to take that loaded on my F/IC to my tuner so he can just fine tune it, instead of having to start from scratch like he did with my current tune?

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!