Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ban teecizzle for life!

anyways...
Old 08-30-2008, 04:03 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
holy hell everyone... this is one long a$$ thread.... back when this thread was a wee infant.... did ya'll see that dollar amount? If you add it up... that's like spending approx. 63 bones for each single hp. With a lot of you on this thread being boosted... hey thats cool. If I had a boat load of loot dumped in my lap I'd go that route too... but until then I'm happy with mine layin' down 180whp.... dont laugh... at least "I" dont have to buy tires every 6 months lol :D.... If I were to boost.... whats the over all consenious on best system? just curious. :D
you don't have to buy new tires i have it set up so that if i want to stay out of boost i can.

but when i DO get into boost. hehe.

the best system is one htat YOU trust. whether it involves a long wait or not. it's dependent on you.

also....you pretty much at the moment have only two viable options dezod or turbo toyotas.

there are more but they are lacking in too many things.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

aen.
I've heard good things about both of those manufacturers. So are you running full forged internals then? I've built street rods for many years from the ground up & been show winning rides.... but only have a few years into the tuner scene. But from my experience over time.... you will destroy your engine if you cram that much boost into stock internals. its just a fact.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I'm not "bashing" by any means... I just know how to build performance American muscle engines very well. On the turbotoyota side... I have seen good results with their products...but my 08 tC is already dropped 2 full inches front and rear... I saw the tubing that goes under the chassis and it looks like it could hit the ground if the car was at stock ride height. Hell I can barly make it over small speed bumps now without bottoming out... I would be ____ed if I smacked intercooler or exhaust tubing.... Im coming close to that now. Do people hate Greddy for some reason? their system seems to be tucked up underneath a lot more... just curious. thanks!
Old 08-30-2008, 05:16 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the reason we don't like greddy is purely because they aren't part of the community, in fact thats why we don't like

treadstone
turbonetics
greddy

all three are decent kits they just dont' support he community like tt and dezod do.

dezod doesn't go past the bottom of the car
Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

well would you rather spend a few grand on something that will scrape the ground all the time just on principle alone? or go with it b/c it is truly a superior product? Oh and I've heard a lot of peeps have a lot of problems with turbonetics. If dezod and tt are superior products then that is one thing. Do you have dezod installed on yours? I've heard good things about both.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:37 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

?? dezod doesn't scrape.

and me, honestly? i woudl be the one that if tt sent me a kit that was scraping, i would cut the pipe and fit it so it doesn't scrape

and be 110% content. not everybody has the same thing done to their car and people forget that a kit isn't universal but made to fit a certain TYPE of car. whether it be a lowered or semi lowered tc

i have a custom kit, but i've seen enough and played with enough to know
Old 08-30-2008, 01:05 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
well would you rather spend a few grand on something that will scrape the ground all the time just on principle alone? or go with it b/c it is truly a superior product? Oh and I've heard a lot of peeps have a lot of problems with turbonetics. If dezod and tt are superior products then that is one thing. Do you have dezod installed on yours? I've heard good things about both.
iv heard of some peeps using two extra 90 degree couplers in place of the 90's that would scrap. this way it has more give and if anything where to happen its real easy to replace. but if the pipes are installed correctly in the first place they dont hang any lower than your tow hooks.

my only beef with greddy is its not as upgradable as some others, they use an internal wast gate which limits one on the type of replacement turbo they can use.

Dezod is nice, a little pricey but worth it, you have soooo many options with this kit. open dump or recirc, catless or cated, choice of a/r and trim, the list goes on.

just do a little research and youll find the one you want.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

TT has redisigned the pipes so they are not as low, I just have not gotten a set yet, but I'm dropped a good 2 inches up front and i seldom scrape now.
I've been boosted over a year pushing 252whp and 296whp for the last couple months on stock internals...no issues here. As long as you do moderate boost and have a good tune, you should be fine on the stock block.

As with the kits, I still feel the TT is superior, better berformning and more show worthy kit then the dezod, but you will have less hassles, frustrations and quicker ship time with dezod. Both kits are great.

Just curiouse (didn't look at your profile yet) but what do you have not that is giving you 180hp?
Old 08-31-2008, 01:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by tCtCtC
ban teecizzle for life!

anyways...

Old 08-31-2008, 01:55 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
the reason we don't like greddy is purely because they aren't part of the community, in fact thats why we don't like

treadstone
turbonetics
greddy

all three are decent kits they just dont' support he community like tt and dezod do.

dezod doesn't go past the bottom of the car
excellent point!
Old 08-31-2008, 04:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sciond
Originally Posted by tCtCtC
ban teecizzle for life!

anyways...

no no no. go back to the second emoticon!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so...I just realized why my tires were so bald...I couldn't tell with the old tires cause I couldnt' here them. Now that I have a new set, I realize that, not only do I apparently burn out a little every time I take off, but everyday when I'm driving home, I'm merging from one freeway to the next, so I'm cruzing in 2nd till everyone else moves over and it opens up...so I floor it, and apperently it peels out everytime I do that as well! BRIDGSTONE FTL!
Old 08-31-2008, 03:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

^^ its time for better tires! especially if you are lowered, the outer threads dont look so bad but the inner is so bald like you could see the nylon/steel threads.. before i replaced mine i peel easily and could smell burning smell even if i dont drive hard, that time i had a new exhaust and i thought i gain hp haha
Old 08-31-2008, 03:58 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

phil, get new rims.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i had to get some new shoes on the front, the inside tread was fubar'd after only 20,000 on the yoko. i just got some cheap cooper's
Old 08-31-2008, 05:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nitto invo FtW

i rarely break traction with them

247 whp 255wtq too
Old 08-31-2008, 09:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aen
phil, get new rims.
did you ever sell those evos?
Old 08-31-2008, 09:49 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya haha, you forget jose bough them the week after i put them up?
Old 09-01-2008, 06:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...I knew he picked up 2...wasn't sure if he ever paid the rest off...

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!