Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

don't worry, bro...I'm master of the list, so Ima put all the TT cars on the top!

aen...I got some stock stuff...some of it's yours...so let me know what you need. I got my old stock header, sway bars, I think I can get a set of stock springs as well, and I think maybe an s pipe? Then I got your old airbox. and stock rims.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

oh...I got stock injectors and spark plugs as well!
Old 09-03-2008, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

well if thats the case i wont have to rape hieu with shipping from hawaii to arizona! haha
Old 09-03-2008, 08:29 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Back to pg 247.... where I made the comment about the pipes scraping on the tt... Like I said, I wasnt trying to "bash" any type of kit. Just seeing what ya'll that are turboed already what are the pros and cons of each. I may go turbo by next spring on my new 08. Only reason I mentioned that I saw one that scraped was that I saw actual pics of it happening...but I will admit the owner didnt mention what lowering kit was on the car. If it was like 2.4 in the front that would explain the bottoming out. I've got the Hotchkis and has a 1.7" drop in front. brings it to 1 finger width from top of tire to edge of fender.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

I've seen tC's on the street with a lower drop than my Hotchkis....but I think the Hotchkis setup is pretty agressive for street performance use. Any lower and I'd be shredding my tires on my fenders and wells. And I can barely get over a lot of obsticals as it is now.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:19 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need an spipe asap phil if yu can get me within this week before I Come back it'll save java the trouble and me the money
Old 09-03-2008, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

yeah lemme know though..

hieu did you peep that motor for sale? not for you??
Old 09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

hey guys do you know if the program for the aem fic works with windows vista? I only heard of one person having a problem with it.

thanks guys
Old 09-03-2008, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
Back to pg 247....

anyway...I don't think anyone took offense to it...I'm dropped on hotchkis, but I have absolutely not finger gap up front at all...I was in an accident and I think I dropped the front a bit...so I'd say I'm about 2.5 drop up front, and I can drive it OK...and the new pipes supposedly have more clearacne, but I don't have a set yet so I cannot verrify.

hieu...I'll have to check and make sure I still have the s-pipe...I may not. but I have the stock manifold for sure.

What are you doing with the tC after you get it back to stock?
Old 09-03-2008, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

anyway.. plans got pushed up... car is getting tuned friday night pick up saturday morning!!! street tunning 265 i should be able to get to 300.. you would think right??

im tunning for 9-10 psi on pressure sensor with emanage basic.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Originally Posted by Mouse
Back to pg 247....

anyway...I don't think anyone took offense to it...I'm dropped on hotchkis, but I have absolutely not finger gap up front at all...I was in an accident and I think I dropped the front a bit...so I'd say I'm about 2.5 drop up front, and I can drive it OK...and the new pipes supposedly have more clearacne, but I don't have a set yet so I cannot verrify.

hieu...I'll have to check and make sure I still have the s-pipe...I may not. but I have the stock manifold for sure.

What are you doing with the tC after you get it back to stock?

Mr. Meaty.... There's no offense to be taken. I dont know if you have the exact same Hotchkis spring set up but I know the one I have lowers it 1.75 inches in the front and 1.97 in the rear. i don't know how you would get another 3/4" out of the same set without modifying the springs themselves which can be dangerous. If you truly have a 2.5" drop in the front and dont have turning clearance issues... that's cool. I just didnt want to take that risk here in the Rocky Mtn State. More to contend with on the roads than the desert does... and I know that I used to live in Phoenix.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

ok guys i have a question:

have an appointment for pro tune friday..

forgot that my hot side pipe is a little dented well maybe kinda bad dented.. but no leaks..

my questions is and what i think is this:

im gonna tune it anyway and jsut swap the pipe out when todd gets it to me..

does my logic make sense? I think that its jsut gonna hurt the power numbers right away by like 5whp or something and that when i swap it with the new ic piping everything will be fine!!
Old 09-04-2008, 01:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

how bad is the dent? it shouldnt affect that much
Old 09-04-2008, 02:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah...I think you should be fine, ace.

aen...sorry, no s-pipe here. thought I had it, but I don't.

mouse...I have the same hothchkis springs that everyone else has (the only ones they make for our car) but there is something wrong with my front end.
Does yours look this low?

Old 09-04-2008, 02:37 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Yeah...I think you should be fine, ace.

aen...sorry, no s-pipe here. thought I had it, but I don't.

mouse...I have the same hothchkis springs that everyone else has (the only ones they make for our car) but there is something wrong with my front end.
Does yours look this low?

Dude....
I wasn't aware if they (Hotchkis) made different sets for our tC's or not. Just giving the benefit of the doubt. What sidewall height you running? 40, 45, ? looks very similar to mine. I would have to say that the front on yours... which may be because of the accident you mentioned...but other than that, the ride height looks almost dead-nuts to mine. Maybe mine just havent settled all the way on my new 08 yet.
On a side note... I do have a call into Hotchkis regarding their spring coatings just rubbing right off and causing surface rust. I've re-done mine...but if you have noticed any of that let me know and I'll get you the right guy to talk to at Hotchkis' direct number.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

p.s. Mr. Meaty.... I wanted to say that I like the powder coating of the stock rims too.... I know there are a lot of choices out there for bigger a$$ rims...but I tend to think that Scion really hit the nail on the head with a decent set of stock 17s. One of the next things I'll be doing is having mine powder coated too. Looks good and beats the @#$@#$ out of a couple grand in rims that could be spent on GOING FAST! :D
Old 09-04-2008, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...one of the things I liked about the tC were the stock rims!

yeah...no rust here, Vegas, no salt on the roads or humidity or antyghin. I think mine took a good 3 weeks to fully settle, but they just keep getting lower and lower! I'm now rubbing on my stock rims/tires!
Old 09-04-2008, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Meaty.... that's why I put in the point that I myself used to be a desert rat living in Phoenix. NOTHING rusts in AZ unless you do it on purpose. but in the CO climate and winters... well that s*** happens. And you just punched yourself in you OWN eye... lol... you told me they didnt rub which is why I didnt go lower than 1.75 in the front & 1.97 out back... lol. I think a lot of people like the design of the stock rims...but the only thing I will curse to high heaven about them is that unbelieveably soft finish. You look at the damn things wrong and BOOM! there's a chip.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

java, meaty and i guess anyone else that had there car tuned... how much does it run you?
Old 09-04-2008, 04:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah...I just put a new set of stock tires on last week or so (from my friends tc) and those are rubbing over steep bumps. I guess my old ones were super bald! or my front end is dropping...thinking of switching to coilovers.

But yeah, when I said they didnt' rub, I mean the pipes.
I have to say, i'm kinda regretting the hothckis springs now...but I still like them better then my TRDs. Maybe I should switch to S.Techs. My buddy has s.techs and mine were lower then his....h.techs are not low enough.

dtox...tune ran me $300.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!