Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 03:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

haha what an epic bump of the most classic TT thread lol.. how are you phil?
Old 09-05-2011, 05:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Man...I gotta get this set up so I get emailed when my posts are replied to. I keep forgetting to check in on here!

Yeah...AEN got married, and gave his tC to his little brother. His wife's mom gave him their old '72 camero that he has big plans for.

But hey, I got a question for you guys. I recently rotated my tires, and now my low tire pressure light keeps coming on after 10 miles or so. It's an '05 so it does not have the sensor on each rim and I've checked my pressure and its OK. Any thoughts?
Old 09-05-2011, 06:58 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Turn the car into the on position and hold the set button down in the glovebox. It will flash a couple times. That will make your car re learn your set up. And no 07 and up are the ones with sensors our years use wheel speed.

Sent from my DROID incredible
Old 09-07-2011, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup. I do that every day, and every day it comes back on.

I just half rotated my tires again this weekend...left to right. That seems to have fixed the issue. How weird is that? I'm actually useing the rims and tires off a friends '07, but that' shouldn't make a differencr, right?

Only thing I can think is that my tires are to worn and they are slipping.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

thats odd. you wait for the tpm reset to finish right? i know it's a dumb question but the simplest things fool the best of us.

Last edited by Syldrin; 09-07-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Originally Posted by SquallLHeart
the car should not have the TPMS light turn back on if it was re-initialized correctly. you need to HOLD the button until the light blinks 3 times prior to letting go.

what the initialization process entails is basically resetting the system and taking the current wheel/tire conditions and making that the standard (even if the tire pressures were all completely out of whack)

it then continues to calibrate it over the next hour of driving going >19mph (also noted in manual between 31-62 mph)
btw, it's better to just follow the manual and set the tire pressures at what it was meant to be. 32/29 front/rear
from a tread i started a while ago.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yup. I did it right every time and every time it came back on.
It weird...I got the "new" rims and tires and no issues. Then I did full rotation (front to back and then left to right on just the fronts) and that's when the light started to come on. So since that's when it started, I decided to do just a half rotation, left to right and then the light stopped coming on. I really just need to get new rims and tires...
Old 11-14-2011, 07:37 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Yeah...AEN got married, and gave his tC to his little brother. His wife's mom gave him their old '72 camero that he has big plans for.
got the tc back. still married. still have the camaro. gonna boost again. need management.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HI!
So, I had my car in to a shop for the first time. Well, my alternator went out a few months back and we installed a new one in my buddy's shop, but that doesn't really count.
Finally got a new clutch: ACT Heavy Duty Pressure Plate and Super Street Disc. Had them install it, resurface my brake rotors, install my new oil pressure sensor (can never do oil lines without them leaking) and check my air. Turns out when I cracked my radiator years ago, the JB weld job I did wasn't very good, so new radiator as well. Wanted to put the Mishimoto in there but didn't have the time to order it.

Last oil change I did I noticed my driver side CV boot was ripped so I replaced that. But while they were doing the clutch, they noticed both axles were completely shot and out of grease, so they replaced my axles as well. My car pulls SO MUCH better now, but I'm thinking I need a stiffer motor mount again. The speed source was too stiff and the stock is to soft, so I'm thinking of getting the PTuning front mount, since they have 3 different stiffnesses to choose from.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Wow...1 week and 200 miles later of easy driving (clutch has 200-300 mile brake in period, after all) and that newly installed radiator just popped and blew coolant everywhere.

This is the first time I've ever had my car in the shop for service and this happens? That's why I do all my own work...
Old 07-27-2013, 06:59 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

[QUOTE=Mr_Meaty;1931103]

[QUOTE]
do you know where i can get like a AEM F/IC install or piggyback or somethin that i can use to dyno and tune my car? would a used one work? if so how do i search it up on here? thats still one thing i can quite figure out is to search up things that are on sale on here
Old 07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_TC
do you know where i can get like a AEM F/IC install or piggyback or somethin that i can use to dyno and tune my car? would a used one work? if so how do i search it up on here? thats still one thing i can quite figure out is to search up things that are on sale on here
Are you looking for a tune on your F/IC or are you looking to purchase an F/IC?
If you need to buy one, a used one will be fine, but you will need to find a tuner in your area familiar with your set up and the F/IC. Back in the day, all tuners knew the Greddy Blue but not the AEM F/IC.

Look in the Scion Classifieds forum:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/for...lay.php?f=1611
On the right there is a button that says "search this forum"
Like this:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sea...archid=6750424
Found one on there with a wire harness for an '07-'10 for $300. That's a good deal:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/sho...ght=AEM+F%2FIC
Old 07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Anyway, back on topic Called the shop and they said they would tow my car and cover everything if it was failure on their part. They called the next day and said it was my hose, not radiator, that popped and it was cause of the turbo, so I'd have to pay for those parts, towing, and fluid but they would cover labor.

I blew up.

They found all these other things wrong and did not see the hose was bad? Who the hell puts in a new radiator and doesn't check the hoses? I told them I would not have had it towed if they weren't going to cover it because I'm only 2 miles up the street. I would have duct taped it and got there. Also, it' funny how that hose has been in the car for 8 years and next to the turbo for 6 years but never had an issue until THEY messed with it.

They even had the nerve to suggest I pay for a steal braided radiator line cover!

So yeah, they fixed everything, put in new upper and lower hoses and I didn't pay a dime. When I picked it up, I was nice and thanked them for making it right. They said "Just come back and give us another chance" I told them I'd give them a chance with my wife's car...
Old 08-02-2013, 06:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Finally hit 300 miles on the new clutch so was able to put it to the test this morning and OMG what a difference! I can't believe what I've been missing out on for the last 6 years!

Now I want my speed-source front motor mount back...maybe I'll get the PTuning one...
Old 08-14-2013, 05:49 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

holy crap phil yuou're still on here?
Old 08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
Finally hit 300 miles on the new clutch so was able to put it to the test this morning and OMG what a difference! I can't believe what I've been missing out on for the last 6 years!

Now I want my speed-source front motor mount back...maybe I'll get the PTuning one...
i had the speedsource motormount in my garage up until about a month ago.

i just gave it to some kid that wanted to modify his tc. lol
Old 08-16-2013, 11:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

HA! lame.

I hadn't been on here in the longest, then came back for a bit but nothing was going on.

Then I came back just to post my car drama.

nothing
Old 10-24-2013, 06:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Ronin Scion
SL Member
Premium Member

Hi guys!
Old 12-31-2013, 02:35 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

Itsssss PHAIL....whats up brethren!
since youv been ontopic...lol.. prolly should move this thread back to forced induction...lol