Notices
Off-topic Cafe Meet the others and talk about whatever...

Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 07:33 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yessir, can't you buy some though? i am planning to so i can at least put together the manifold turbo and whatnot.

and hte IC piping, i was planning to get some pipes and just put it together with some couplings..

just call me when you want to pick it up
Old 10-01-2007, 04:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, I can buy it, but Todd is sending me some...I just don't want to wait.
I just can't picture what you imagining to do with IC pipeing. I just can't imagine you getting anything to fit just by using a bunch of couplers. But if you want, I have 2 pieces of pipe (intake and hot side IC) that you can use.
Old 10-01-2007, 05:05 PM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

im not talking about just buying straight pipes, some mandrel bent pipes and if need be go to muffler shop

you have to explain the intercooler part of the IC pipe setup to me though, i know one side goes into the turbo itself but what about hte other hole on hte other side of the IC?

oh, yea, when you want the bolt thingie mabobbers?
Old 10-01-2007, 05:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I can come by tonight after I get back from the gym, if that's cool.
I'll show you where all the pipes run.
Intake->turbine->IC->Intake manifold+bov->block->exhaust mani+WG->compressor->downpipe->spipe->midpipe->exhaust.
If any non-Vegas guys are still watching this thread () correct me if I'm wrong!
Old 10-01-2007, 08:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

k i finally got my beautiful turbo.
it looks reall nice.
the manifold and turbo are polished while everything else (except intercooler) is black.
i think im missing some of the oil stuff though. like that brass part that connects to the block and even the line that connects to that.....
and where do i get all the vacuum lines? do i just use my own or do they come with the kit?
idk i havent opened everything out of its packaging so maybe is under the plastic wrap and i just cant see it.
if everything is there im going to install it tonight at my work
Old 10-01-2007, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

NICE! Yeah, I had alot of stuff wrapped up that I didn't know I had, but Todd brought some stuff himself as well.
I but that polish looks good! Are both sides of the turbo polished? Damn, can't wait to see it.

Did you get install instructions? It should have a parts list to. And if you do the install tonight, are you gonna put in the injectors as well? Whatcha gonna do abouta tune?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so im a ricer even more now.
rolling with and interfooler and gauges but no turbo haha.
todds is sending me the missing parts hopefully wednesday ill finally be boosted.
about a tune i have no idea
but ive called a few shops and talked to a bunch of guys, so i think ill be doing it somewhere this weekend if my harness and injectors come in.

as for the intercooler we had to cut open the crash bar thing and put our own screws into it to connect it to the intercooler. looks good since we cut into the back of it.
im curious of how todd did yours phil. did he brink saws???
Old 10-02-2007, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um...actually, he brount me down a new crash bar with teh IC alraedy mounted to it! o_O so I have no idea!
but let me see if I have any other pics.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

OK, looks like I already posted the pic of the IC mounted on the crashbar, so I dont' have much more help for you.

But heres the box of parts Todd brought down:

and a couple shots from underneath, which might be helpfull when you install the turbo:
[IMG]

and what shops did you call?
Old 10-02-2007, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ic ic
thanks for the pics

i called silverstate and Uehara Motowerks . the 2nd one only works on toyotas (mr2 and supras celicas)
but idk
Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so my cousin is here. he's a freaking crazy gear head

=) he's gonna help me draw out the intercooler piping and whatnot and i'm going to try and make it myself. true custom??!
Old 10-02-2007, 07:22 AM
aen
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

btw, those pictures are really going to help
Old 10-02-2007, 07:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya phil i literally refered to your pictures for almost everything. i was like ok so that goes there and that goes there mmKAY!

btw where does that vacuum block thing tap into? the break lines? thats what it looks like on your picture. im not really sure how that would work but some of my coworkers said it would.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brake Line! That's funny!
um...Your kidding, right?

never heard of uehera, but if the do toyotas, then that's perfect. They shoudl know how to deal with vvt-i.

You can try MP as well, but they couldn't help me out.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Been a minute since I checked in on you guys. What's new? Who is up and running? Kills/Track times?
Old 10-02-2007, 05:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what's up, travis!
Well, our tuner got evicted from his shop, so he's in the process of moving and everything just kinda got jacked cause of it.

AEN's custom kit has all parts but no tuner.
olaHalo got all his parts, so he is installing this week and looking for a tuner this weekend.
One of the stage 0 kits was getting the IC pipeing redone and water cooling, but then with the shop situation, did not have time to tuen teh greddy.
I was gonna buy a used stage 4 clutch, but everyone gave me crap so I'm waiting till I can buy a new one.
And I've been trying different tunes that guys have been sending me, but my car is running way rich cause the colder weather, so no track times.
I did smoke the hell out of a '90 eclipse, a mazda3 and another mustang GT, so that's something!
Old 10-02-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

man i bet that turbo manifold was a pain to fab together.......but yea the setup looks awsome
Old 10-02-2007, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Meaty
what's up, travis!
Well, our tuner got evicted from his shop, so he's in the process of moving and everything just kinda got jacked cause of it.
That would rather suck! What about street tunning it? Don't need a shop for that.

AEN's custom kit has all parts but no tuner.
olaHalo got all his parts, so he is installing this week and looking for a tuner this weekend.
One of the stage 0 kits was getting the IC pipeing redone and water cooling, but then with the shop situation, did not have time to tuen teh greddy.
I was gonna buy a used stage 4 clutch, but everyone gave me crap so I'm waiting till I can buy a new one.
And I've been trying different tunes that guys have been sending me, but my car is running way rich cause the colder weather, so no track times.
I did smoke the hell out of a '90 eclipse, a mazda3 and another mustang GT, so that's something!

Rich from colder weather? Should be the opposite. Leans out when it gets cold outside. I have went through 2 winters with this car....let me be the first to say....in the winter it acts like it just ate a **** load of spinach! It's no longer the tires squealing, its the pavement houling if you know what I mean...lol.

But on a serious note, yeah, it leans out in cold weather, not richen up.

PS....Shop misfortunes seem to be common these days huh...
Old 10-02-2007, 06:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Brake Line! That's funny!
um...Your kidding, right?
i wasnt kidding.
im sure its not called the "break line" but its that wider hose near the back of the firewall that deals with the break system somehow and that looks like exactly the hose that was tapped into on your setup.

and ya i thought the winter would be much better for our cars.

whats hieu doing? is he gonna just do everything himself? doesnt he need like alot of custom fab done that just cant be done in a home garage?
Old 10-02-2007, 07:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My in boost was pretty lean to begin with, and its' still fine in boost. I think the AEM is overcompensating or something, but my $hit is def richer then it used to be.

I have not connected teh wideband to the F/IC yet, so I can't datalog AFR for tuning yet. Plus, none of us have actually done any tuning ourselfes, so I dont' know how well we would do.
However, I do have 2 different but similar tunes, ones rich, ones lean, so I can just fudge up the middle, eh?

olaHalo, what time you starting on the car today?
I think your right about taht lin,e I just didn't think it had anything to do with the brake system. But I'll take some pics of my vac lines tonight and post them up.

Hieu, I'm really intereseted in what yoru doing, and anything I can do to help, let me know. I tried hitting you up last night cause I was going to bring over those 2 pieces of IC pipeing that I have left over.
Let me know, bro.

Quick Reply: Turbo Toyotas: Vegas Style! Pics and --NEW-- Dyno inside!